How do you guys deal with depression ? it's literally killing me now

How do you guys deal with depression ? it's literally killing me now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BrmpbVPTDCw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just listen to modest mouse to deal with crippling depression. A lot of my depression is rooted in existential angst and their lyrics help me feel not so crazy.

The moths beat themselves to death against the lights. Adding their breeze to the summer nights.

I've been depressed for 7 years now I don't know what to do user

I've been depressed since 8th grade. I almost killed myself multiple times. I found what I love to do which is play video games and code. I also think about if I kill myself it will end my pain but bring the pain of my family members for the rest of their lives. You're hurting my people by killing yourself then you are ending your own. Whatever you're going through you'll get through it. Talk to a therapist it really helps. They'll put you on medication that will take your mind off it and put your worries to rest. Or just talk to anyone about it. It helps to talk.

Ayyy depending on your situation it's different. I just try to deal with it. Try remembering that everyone is truly sad deep down, idk. I've been depressed for about 11 years. I'm 25 now, relatively succesful for my age. I own my own house, pay my own way, have a girlfriend, friends, hobbies, etc. it's just there in the background, like white noise, it picks up when I'm not active, or alone.
I guess what I'm saying is, remember everyone has something to be sad about - just try to keep busy and productive so you don't notice.
I'm manic depressive though. My depression comes with a heaping dose of productivity and exhaustion.

Sorry for spelling, I'm drunk and typing on mobile

this is a good choice.

I've been depressed for as long as I can remember. I don't know if i'd really call this a way to deal with it, but i've just become super dissociated. I don't feel most emotions 90% of the time. The other 10% is mostly negative emotions.

This... Does help

Thank you user

Thank you

I'm tired of crying I'm tired of being tired

you have two options. the first would be seeking help (going to a psychologist ect), or the second option would be what i said. Just try not to feel anything, and after a while it will become natural and you'll stop feeling stuff. The only bad thing about that is you feel like you're just watching your life. I'm not living my life. I feel like im just watching a movie that's my life, and i feel nothing as im watching it.

something i post in every depression thread.
its what helped me, hopefuly it helps others.

the best thing to do is love yourself. care about yourself. when you catch yourself thinking of something that makes you sad, think of things you can do to actually make a change.

think you look ugly?
start working out

think you are stupid?
try learning things that actually interest you. i promise you will learn quickly. not everybody is made to be excellent at reading or math.

another thing that helped me is coming to terms with death. i used to think "what for if im just going to die anyway?"

i realized that yes. death is an inevitable end to all life but that doesnt mean i cant try and enjoy it.

another great tip i can give is go outside more. even if its just to sit on your porch. as long as you are getting sun on your skin and watching birds and bugs and life all around you. remember that life is beautiful and that we are creatures just like the fish in the sea and worms in the earth. we are not meant to be boxed up in offices or lonely rooms. socialize, make friends. go out to bars just to drink alone, tons of people do it and i guarantee you will meet new people. get your ass back in school too you will meet people with similar interests and discover new interests.

a lot of the time i see people say "i have no talents" or "i dont know what im interested in"

what id say to that is you will never find anything sitting in a room doing nothing. u have to go out and expose yourself in order to find out what interests you. finish your basics in a community college at least. join clubs. the world is fucking huge dude. there is something and someone out there for everyone.

Yakisoba

part 2

if there are things you simply cannot change, like a deformity, or incurable disease you are left to do maybe one of the hardest things a human can do.

accept your situation and try to move on. try to make the best of it. use disabilities to your advantage. just take a look at javier botet. he has a deformity in his entire body but still makes the best of it. he has appeared in tons of movies like mama, the conjuring, rec, behind the door, ect as badass monsters and shit. just dont feel bad for yourself. everyone has a struggle in life, some more apparent than others.

also patience.

one does not become all fucked up over night. as you can expect, one does not become happy over night either.

changing years of damage caused by the toxic thoughts of depression / negativity can take quite some time to heal. never give up. always love.

this is javier botet

this is his disability.

here he is as a zombie from "[rec]"

youtube.com/watch?v=BrmpbVPTDCw

op i hope my words have helped in some way.
just remember change comes from within. doing nothing and waiting for the world to become better will not happen.

Thank you so much user

for sure dude. dont wait for the world to care about you and start caring about yourself. be selfish. get what you want out of life man.

the world is so big

opportunities are endless

expose yourself. take risks

Dropout college
Buy motorcycle
Drive somewhere
Anywhere

dont take shit too seriously. have fun with life.
nothing is permanent

Now go listen to modest mouse starting from long drive.

Music, drinking, smoking, calligraphy.
Only things that kept me sain through college. I was depressed since around 16 and up until 24, but it got better. Trust me dude, find a good hobby and if you don't get addicted easily smoke and drink a bit. Also listen to music, I'd recomend something, but all my music is russian (if you want to give some a listen, listen to tsoy). Hope you feel better Sup Forumsrother.

enjoy music, enjoy food, enjoy cultures.

be artistic, explore the universe

get some sun on your skin.
walk outside barefoot. feel the grass and dirt and warmth of the earth on your feet. its a sensation long forgotten but so simple to acheive.

watch the sunset on mars if you want.

take a nature walk.

reach out to past friends just to see how theyre doing.

smoke dmt will fix you up good ways

its time to start fuckin living op!
leave the building!
go build something! go visit somebody! go look for honest fulfillling work! go to school find your passion!

op we live in beautiful world.
sometimes we hide from it when we are scared of the future. or when we our scared of what we are, or may become.

sometimes we get hurt and we try to fight things that might hurt us again.

but its okay.

being hurt reminds us that we are human.
it reminds us we need to take action in our life. sometimes we fail, but thats okay too. its just another lesson learned.

I see what you did there. Sorry but puns are life.

op im going to be starting college again for the third fucking time.

my first failure i learned i need to study. i cant treat my education like i did in highschool.

my second failure i learned i need help.
there are resources like study groups and tutors available for free in every college.

third times the charm i hope. but if not, ill learn something new and be that much closer to my goal.

dude why do you have to be poetic af

my last post op.
dont forget to do lsd/shrooms and fucking trip balls.
take a look at life through an unfiltered lens where all your beliefs about how things are dissolve. see the world through new eyes. see all the opportunity and chances that await you. be a hippie for a year where all you know is love and kindness for yourself and others. stop the judgement. stop the hatred. start anew.

im outie. good luck op

cuz i went through what op is going through and it fucking sucks.

everyone deserves a chance at love life and happiness.

true dat, also nice dubs