talking heads

lmao

Radiohead

The Bends -> OK Computer
-> Kid A -> Amnesiac

Kate Bush

Never For Ever > The Dreaming > Hounds of Love > The Sensual World

Also Suf's Michigan -> Seven Swans -> Illinois -> Age of Adz is top notch

Post isn't very good, but the other albums are really nice especially Vespertine.

The Bends ruins it

And then comes HTTT which is also not very good

Pretty good one indeed, but the production on Never For Ever is a little offputting, and The Sensual World is too inconsistent.

Post is a weak link but I can't think of one better

>The Bends ruins it

Fuckkkkiiiiiiingggggggg SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU KNOW NOTHING

HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THE BENDS??? FUCKING IDIOTS

The Bends is the lower end but great. And I love HTTT, it gets hate for no good reason. You could put it at the end and remove the Bends and it's still probably better than your 4 albums :)

/thread

Elliott Smith

Roman Candle --.> Self-titled --> Either/Or --> XO

>Radiohead
>Better than Bjork

Radiohead wouldn't even be the same without Bjork

Young Americans - Station to Station - Low - Heroes

Black Sabbath - Paranoid - Master of Reality - Vol. 4

Autechre.
Tri Repetae - Chiastic slide - LP5 - Confield.
The amount of progression they achieved in this streak is astounding

Obviously Pink Floyd
The Moody Blues
Rush
David Bowie
Animal Collective

>The amount of progression they achieved in this streak is astounding
Astounding my ass. They got rid of the cool melodies and became too technical for their own good. They used to have some genuine emotion in their music but they transformed it into robotic garbage, that only robots could enjoy.

Incunabula + Amber + Tri Repetae > everything else after them

Soundtracks - Tago Mago - Ege Bamyasi - Future Days?

All shit

arguably mastodon's first four

PF: Meddle / DSOTM / WIWH / Animals.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I believe that their post confield work is amazing, and continues to be so.

Joanna
>MEM
>Ys
>HOoM
>Divers
also why all the hate for post?

el-p

fandam
iswyd
c4c
rtj

Silver Mt. Zion — He Has Left Us Alone…, Born into Trouble…, This Is Our Punk-Rock…, Horses in the Sky.

Egor Letov
>Hop-Frog
>One Hundred Years of Solitude
>Solstice
>The Unbearable Lightness of Being

heel yeah man

cornfield - draft - untitled - quaristice - oversteps - exai - elseq

Sonic Youth
>Bad Moon Rising
>Evol
>Sister
>Daydream Nation

muh nigga

Smashing Pumpkins

Gish - Siamese Dream - Mellon Collie - Adore

Joanna Newsom:

The Milk-Eyed Mender

Ys

Have One On Me

Divers

Lol now even the Bjork-baiters are stuck playing catch-up with the Grimes ones.

*debut

David Bowie would have a 12 album streak if it weren't for Pinups fucking everything up.

(Seriously FUCK Pinups).

Yes

The yes album - Fragile - Close to the edge - Tales from the topographic oceans

when will this meme end

joanna newsom has never made anything worth listening to. not once let alone 4 times in a row. get a fucking grip

The Grimes b8ers are too advanced to be ever surpassed.

this

Nice

U2

War-->Unforgettable Fire->Joshua Tree->Achtune Baby

Well, looks like OP was right...

oh bud... you're missing a turd in the middle there

You "forgot" Rattle and Hum...

OP was proven wrong almost immediately
See

>U2
>GOOD
LOOOL SO FUNNNY DUDDE XD

U2 is actually good though, and i posted

this is either awful bait or awful taste

Sonic Youth

Confusion Is Sex - Bad Moon Rising - Evol - Sister

>grimes
>good

>pink floyd
>good

>u2
>good

Yes - good. Thanks for summarizing it for everyone.

How has nobody mention The Rolling Stones?

Beggars Banquet -> Let It Bleed -> Sticky Fingers -> Exile on Main St

Probably the best four album streak in its genre

I did miss Rattle and Hum. Although I though we were only including studio albums and not live albums.

Tori Amos

Little Earthquakes->Under the Pink->Boys for Pele->From the Choirgirl Hotel

Grimes, honestly. She already surpassed Bjork.

Grimes: 21 y.o when she released her debut album, 1 year after she started making music
Bjork: 28 y.o. when she released her real debut album, 17 years after she started her music career

Sung Tongs
Feels
Strawberry Jam
MPP

>implying age matters in this discussion
>implying the amateurish mess of geidi primes can be compared to debut

Good joke pham

Op you forgot gling glo

To Record Only Water for Ten Days through The Empyrean was pretty solid. And that includes the unofficial album From the Sounds Inside.

>implying age matters in this discussion
Yes, it matters. Grimes did Art Angels at 27, when Bjork didn't even release her Debut. What that means? That Grimes has time and resources to beat Bjork to death, metaphorically speaking. She already has 4 masterpieces under her belt. And her next album could be her Vespertine (“I’m really vibing on making something really slow and gorgeous that just breathes, and has room to breathe").

>implying the amateurish mess of geidi primes can be compared to debut
Amateurish mess? That's not legit criticism. The actual music matters.

Ooh good one

I haven't listened to either of these artists yet but you sound like a superficial faggot.

Best answer ITT, can't believe it took someone this long to post it

And by the way, Bjork's actual debut from 1977 was crap: allmusic.com/album/björk-gudmundsdóttir-mw0001217134

GP > Debut any day.

If you didn't listen to any of these artists, why do you comment here, you superficial faggot?

>"The actual music matters".
>Main argument is how the age Grimes released an album makes it better

....Ok then.

>Main argument is how the age Grimes released an album makes it better
I didn't say that. Stop putting words in my mouth. The first part of my post was that age matters and the second part that music matters. Yes idiot, both matter.

I'm going to ignore the age talk because it's too lame. Bjork hadn't released a solo album before because she was in a band (a great one, by the way).

As for the music, Geidi Primes IS an amateurish mess. Her repeated use of simplistic scales and chord progressions is laughable. It's pretty clear she has no writing skills. The overly dreamy production is just annoying and adds nothing to her boring "compositions" (if we can call her failed experiments that).

>As for the music, Geidi Primes IS an amateurish mess. Her repeated use of simplistic scales and chord progressions is laughable. It's pretty clear she has no writing skills. The overly dreamy production is just annoying and adds nothing to her boring "compositions" (if we can call her failed experiments that).
The album is charming despite its flaws. It's emotional, it's catchy, it's immersive, it's beautiful, this is what matters. You have to be a patrician to get into it.

>you have to be patrician to get into it
Why do you have to add these faggy lines in your posts jesus christ the rest of what you said was fine

It seems like most of these, mine included, have one damning weak link. Is it impossible to make 4 good albums in a row?

F#A#infinity > Slow Riot > LYSF > Yanqui UXO

solid

Step aside

yea if you include slow riot, godspeed probably wins. Joanna is a strong contender too.

I think they'd it'd be just as good even if you skipped slow riot and went to Allelujah.

But all 4 of those albums are worse than all of the Bjork albums listed

They're far more consistent than those 4 Bjork albums, who rely strongly on singles. If you remove the singles from the Bjork albums what is left? Filler.

Just don't bother dude they're not worth arguing with.

I for one welcome our new Gri-tyrants.

How much drugs do you have to intraveneously use to be this fucking deluded about a bunch of derivative whisper singing synthpop?? Must be boat loads.

>being this retard
What is wrong with synthpop? Why the genre matters if the music is actually great? Also shitting on Grimes' music while indirectly praising the dance pop of Debut and Post and the art pop of Homogenic and Vespertine? That's rich and stupid.

I suggest you to listen to all Grimes albums before making a judgement. Her first 3 albums are mostly dreampop FYI.

Bjork's music is far more interesting. She makes use of unusual time signatures, her instrumentation is diverse and her arrangements are rich and complex.
It's not stupid at all to praise Bjork and shit on Grimes. In fact it's smart and makes sense.

The Beatles:
Rubber Soul
Revolver
Sgt. Pepper
Magical Mystery Tour

If you include more albums (Help, Abbey Road, Let It Be) you got an even longer streak.

I don't really listen to the Beatles that much anymore but damn after their shitty first 2 albums they were pretty consistent.

Except grimes

>grimes fans actually believe this

>Bjork's music is far more interesting.
Subjective. You could say the same thing about Grimes.

>She makes use of unusual time signatures, her instrumentation is diverse and her arrangements are rich and complex.
Again, you could say the same thing about Grimes. Maybe except the unusual time signatures, but those signatures don't guarantee the music is great.

>It's not stupid at all to praise Bjork and shit on Grimes. In fact it's smart and makes sense.
It's very stupid and it makes zero sense. They're both some of the best art pop artists ever, one from an older generation, another from a newer generation.

T H E Y W O N ' T L I S T E N
E S C A P E W H I L E Y O U C A N.

Based on what? Please prove that.

Bjorks music is much better than the tumblr core mess that is grimes discography

>nobody posted Metallica yet

>nobody has posted The Smiths entire discography get

>get

>X is better than Y because I say so
This not a valid argument, user.

Guided by Voices:
Propellor
Vampire on Titus
Bee Thousand
Alien Lanes
Under the Bushes Under the Stars

Leviathan and Blood Mountain are two of my favorite records. The other two I gave to my brother because of how disappointed I was hearing them

yep, this was what I was gonna post if it wasn't already here. noice

yeah
check em