Me? I'm really into experimental music, Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse...

Me? I'm really into experimental music, Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282. Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Boyd Rice, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Half Japanese,Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krusi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Loren Mazzacane Connors, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, The Red Krayola, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Gong, cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze, the list goes on...

...yeah, I guess you could say I am something of an intellectual.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-awareness
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All, unlistenable crap. You're a try-hard pseudo intellectual. You don't earn anything if you force yourself to listen to that shit.

you got inversely triggered by bait

>someone dumb enough to take that bait is also dumb enough to believe in posers

gr8 b8 m8

Bit slow on the uptake, huh.

Yet when talking to actual people you get maybe 2 or 3 of these out, realize everyone's looking at you like you're a fucking retard, you start stammering and losing your place, after a couple more brutally mispronounced names that you already forgot after reading about them on Wikipedia that one time for that slick Sup Forums thread you made you sit back, mutter "y-yeah guess I just have weird taste in music haha" under your breath, and everyone goes back to listening to whatevers on the radio at the time, finally understanding why you never say much.

Brutal. Imagine the pain of the hipsters when they can't really brag about their favorite artists because everyone is like "who the fuck are these artists?". It's all so vain. What is more pathetic than a hipster trying to elevate himself above the masses through the work of his favorite artists? It's like bragging with someone else's work.

>Listen to Gerogerigegege and Whitehouse
>Log onto tumblr
>Reblog old nazi photos, french film stills, and black and white BDSM photos
>Post a photo of John Balance and David Tibet with a psychedelic filter
>Make a post pretending to want to kill myself because Donald Trump won
>Make sure my undercut and shitty beard looks good before taking a black and white selfie, making sure my cassette shelf full of limited print power electronics tapes is visible

lads...

>Reblog old nazi photos, french film stills, and black and white BDSM photos

you forgot about photos of brutalist architecture, knives and slavic-looking hooligans

thanks for the reccs honestly

weeeeeeeeeEEEEEEW!

I understand everything in this post except
>Make a post pretending to kill myself because Donald Trump won
?????????????????

honestly nails the 'eclectic' tourist dilettante

i distrust people that namedrop murmuure more than innocent deafheaven listeners

>joe meek
>pop producer

this is the problem with treating artists like pokemon cards

90% of those are legitimately strange and experimental and just because they're slightly popular in a fleeting moment on an imageboard doesn't change that

>this is the problem with treating artists like pokemon cards

i seriously hope you haven't criticized this sort of mentality while also posting in /daily/ or using RYM or last.fm or participating in chart threads

all of them are good

/daily/ sucks but rym and last.fm are fine for keeping track of what you listen to. chart threads are terrible but there's occasionally a nice person who isn't just out to impress people with their music tastes.

nah you're full of shit
kys

nobody actually does this lmao

t. someone who does it

>i have everybody figured out, down to their motives for doing things. i need this sense of control, badly.

kill *your*self, little kid.

i used to use last.fm because i enjoy talking to people that are interested in the same kind of music as me, and occasionally it would provide decent recommendations before i learned how to look for things myself. the only reason why i don't use it anymore is because they ruined the site

i also enjoy reading rym because i am curious in other people's opinions in music, but it doesn't really affect what i listen to in any way

and i'd just like to let you know that none of those things are inherently bad, and just because you can use them to make yourself more eclectic doesn't mean that you have to like everything, know about everything, or feel any kind of superiority for being aware of it. the notion is retarded, and based on your subsequent posts so are you

i was replying to this clown if you couldn't tell

>i also enjoy reading rym because i am curious in other people's opinions in music
masochism is bad for your health user

>Scott Walker

literally pop

learning things that i didn't know before is better for my health than shitposting

>learning things
>rym reviews
uuuuuuuuuuuuuh

if anyone on this board actually listened to Loren Mazzacane Connors, Gong, Lou Harrison, or Ornette Coleman seriously on this board, maybe it wouldn't be such a shithole

These people, despite their fascination with far right aesthetics, are still very liberal, and pretending to be suicidal also gets them some "depressive aesthetic" points for their blog.

>i've never been interested about a genre that i haven't explored before
>i've never been interested in an album that was made before i was born

kind of sad t b h

>Joe Meek
>Influential and well known pop producer

Why is he here? Just because he went nuts and shot someone?

the guy who made that pasta is a reactionary child

do tell me how people who are the same age as you +3 and who treat quality in music purely on aesthetic levels are knowledgeable please

follow the conversation, save your half-baked observations for later.

>follow the conversation
why don't you?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-awareness

>falling for b8

You're thinking of Phil Spector. Joe Meek was the victim of a murder-suicide and only made weirdo novelty music (some of which is very good).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

no, user, that's not what a straw man argument is. back to the drawing board.

they aren't necessarily the same age as me. i've read extended reviews that were written in the past decade on that site, and even if they were the same age as me at the time of writing them they are certainly older than me now. some were retrospectives on albums that were released when they were of age in the 80s and 90s, which i wasn't.

also, this might be hard for an autistic person to understand, but people have lived different lives from you. so someone can easily be knowledgeable on hip hop at a young age and be deficient in jazz or shoegaze or whatever. and i don't see anything wrong rym focusing mostly on the aesthetic qualities of music. if i want to focus on the production or composition qualities of the music i can learn that in my own time because i like doing that anyway

if you don't get an argument that's not a strawman i can just stop posting, you're really boring

how do people like you even manage to breathe

name me 1 avant-teen that is remotely knowledgeable because protip people who don't share their knowledge or who share their knowledge in obfuscated ways are as good as people without any knowledge

>are as good

Why are you the arbiter of this exactly? Who are you?

hmmm

>purely on aesthetic levels
Excuse if I'm just no entirely grasping what you're saying but isn't an aesthetic appreciation the basis for any kind of enjoyment of art

Nobody except lv.99 music nerds is like "ah yes this enharmonic seventh chord modulation to the subtonic key coupled with the earlier tritone substitutions has me left me with my loins feeling moist"

People who admit their lack of knowledge are better than avant-teens who obfuscate their knowledge because the latter are open enough to allow for some sort of discussion which can enrich one's knowledge or general worldview. Avant-teens on the other hand are walking North Koreas in that you hear rumors about them but once you enter their personal realm you realize they're not really worth it.

No, you just want them to be very liberal because you are a rightist who hates it when other rightists do things you think are stupid.

all of me

>honestly nails the 'eclectic' tourist dilettante

/daily/, /rym/ and chart threads.

Nigga...... 95% of that list is some of best music ever you fucking pleb.

>Les Rallizes Dénudés
Fuck you.

>You say Les Rallizes Denudes, I say The Index
Fuck you too.

You say Aphrodite's Child, I say The George-Edwards Group
You say AMM, I say Nihilist Spasm Band
You say Monks, I say The Bachs
You say Os Mutantes, I say Axe
You say Jefferson Airplane, I say Instant Orange
You say The Residents, I say Little Phil & the Nightshadows
You say France Gall, I say The Children of Sunshine
You say Lee Hazelwood, I say Dave Bixby
You say The Incredible String Band, I say A Cid Symphony
You say The United States of America, I say Stone Harbour
You say Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, I say Stephen David Heitkotter
You say Brainticket, I say Kennelmus
You say Comus, I say Can Am Des Puig
You say Pere Ubu, I say Debris'
You say Les Rallizes Denudes, I say The Index
You say James Chance & The Contortions, I say Cleaners from Venus
You say Rory Gallagher, I say Bob Desper
You say The Action, I say Pop Music Team
You say Baby Grandmothers, I say The Momes
You say Family, I say C.A. Quintet
You say Can, I say Cold Sun
You say Van Dyke Parks, I say Perry Leopold
You say Serge Gainsbourg, I say Ant Bee Ceremony
You say Lee Perry & The Upsetters, I say Gary Wilson
You say Gryphon, I say These Trails
You say Henry Cow, I say C.A. Quintet
You say R. Stevie Moore, I say Bobb Trimble
You say Goblin, I say Virgin Insanity
You say Christian Vander, I say Danny-Ben Israel
You say Exuma, I say Damon
You say Ry Cooder, I say Bob Theil
You say Red Krayola, I say Y. Bhekhirst
You say Osamu Kitaji, I say Jerry Solomon
You say Amon Duul II, I say Lightdreams
92% of Sup Forumstants have turned to unsuccessful commercial albums that had minor critical acclaim. If you are part of the 8% that still listens to real non-commercial artistic recordings, copy and paste this message into five other threads. DON'T LET THE SPIRIT OF POLYMATH RECORDS DIE!!!!!!!

> Sun City Girls
>Unlistenable crap

get the fuck out

Nigga, that "music" sounds like shit, nobody with a decent taste likes it. Just some pretentious crap to impress naive idiots like you. You fell for the patrician / pleb meme invented by CLT. You're stupid.

Using rym and lastfm (before the update) for music listening and discovery alone is probably a bit helpful if you're not treating them like actual pokemon cards here hoping someone would respect you when you pull the old pot of greed and expecting some black lotus recc.

Yea i like le queen too

All memes and shitposting aside, can anyone recommend great (known and obscure) experimental artists?

>nobody with a decent taste likes it
you're saying "everyone i agree with agrees with me" cmon

>great
>experimental artists

no such thing

why is Unwound in this pasta?

>muh aesthetic Autumn music

Unwound kiddies don't care for post-hardcore at all outside Unwound, they're scum.

gas the jews

I went to film camp. I’ve read Sard. I’ve read Thomas Pynchon. I’ve read Ayn Rand. I’ve been to Italy. I’ve been to France. I speak French. I’ve been to Spain. I’ve been to South America. I’ve been to Kenya. I’ve been to China. I backpacked across Europe. I prefer tea to coffee. I’ve been to Greece. I love Greek food. I’m a foodie. I’m always on the lookout for a great little place to get breakfast.

this gif makes me pretty horny desu

>he fell for the meme "music"
Nice

I'd love to kill every one of you with a flame thrower

Catposter and p4k friendly.

Hey man great taste you should check out my RYM for some hip new obscure music. Only fellow cultured individuals will be able to handle it.