>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NmyWeOvF_Sg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm in the market for a studio amp for recording with a budget of $500. Looking for something all valve or even a hybrid. I'll be using mostly single coil guitars. I prefer to keep it a combo amp If I can. I won't be playing metal or any variation of it.

Can anyone explain how to play this? Do I hit the G string before the D ?

combo or head ?

My output jack was too loose apparently and fell inside the body of my Jaguar.
Is this something where I can easily just unscrew the area near the pick guard and reposition/tighten everything again.

>I prefer to keep it a combo amp If I can

Same time, tab isn't aligned properly
Yes.

Buy Orange Crush

To be honest, I'm not that big of a fan of Orange. Also I would like spring reverb over digital.

thanks.
If you were looking for a metal head, I would have suggested this. Pic related. I don't know if it's good for anything other than metal.

I'm new to guitar and am just finally starting to pick it up well. I have one question, how do I get into buying gear?

Should I start out buying a guitar I like that feels like it'll be one I like for a long time, or do you read extensively into it?

I love the way those Laneys look, but I don't know much about them. I don't need anything with over-the-top on board distortion, as a pedal can solve that. I prefer something with a crisp breakup in the cleans for dynamics.

The only Laney amps I've ever heard in person are their bass amps.

Buy something in the $200 - $300 range that will serve you well, but won't set you back if you end up falling out of the hobby.

What are the consequences of not getting your guitar set up or restrung? I have yet to get either done and I practice heavily a lot.

read and try, there's no objective way of buying gear, getting a 7 string is just as valid as getting an LP or a new amp.
also obvious, but buy stuff you think you need. there's no point in buying a ring modulator if you're going to play punk or thrash metal

worn strings sound dull, a guitar that's not setup will sound bad (intonation) and play bad (action, string relief)

>be a self-taught guitarist of 10 years
>git gud, fairly technical, can play some difficult shit
>singing and playing shitty 4 chord pop songs on my acoustic is still what I enjoy the most

wtf is wrong with me?

Shitty tone from old strings
Inaccurate intonation
Buzzing on frets
String height all out of whack

Basically sounding like Kurt Cobain 24/7
Gross

I started with really low end gear, cheap guitar, and amp. If I could go back in time , I would have saved up for something more expensive. But that's just me. A guitar for 300 and an amp for 300 would have been better for me imo. But it's okay to start out with low end gear.
How about Fender Bassbreaker? You are playing blues or something, no?

The project I have is more or less a mix of genres that I like.

Think Gorillaz or something similar.

Don't start investing a bunch of money into gear until you know for sure that you want to keep playing. And definitely don't buy pedals or go on a pursuit for the perfect tone until you're at least a moderately competent player. Just get a guitar in the $200 range that looks cool and inspires you to get better just by looking at it. You'll know when it's time to upgrade from there.

Honestly, i recommend getting a head and a 2x12, especially 1 loaded with 2 different speakers. The why? At some point youre going to want another amp, rather it be for better cleans or distortion, or because even with different eqs and speakers your double track still sounds a lot like your original track. You can have 2 heads and one small cabinet. Especially, if you have a certain moc position that is just perfect. Swap the head withoit having to re position the mic.

If youre like me and love having different options for sound youd pretty much be unlimited, and a 2x12 will help keep the volume in check. Hell, depending on the amps output vs the impedance of the speakers you could even cut it down to 1 speaker running at a time. Say you have a tube head that can output to 8 or 16 ohm loads, get 2 8(or 16) ohm speakers and youd be able to switch a couple wires around and either use 1 or both, depending on what the situation calls for.

this happens
i think it is more forgiving to prolong a string change on an acoustic though

>I started with really low end gear, cheap guitar, and amp. If I could go back in time , I would have saved up for something more expensive.
>But that's just me.
That's me too. I can't wait until I finally get rid of this piece of shit, which should be fairly soon.

Side question, I'm going to try and write some stuff that sounds like Tryptikon, on the songwriting part I kinda see how they do it, but I have no idea how they get their huge distorted tone, is there a fuzz in there ?
youtube.com/watch?v=NmyWeOvF_Sg

That would be great if guitar was one of the biggest focuses in the mixes I will be creating, but it isn't. I also don't have the room to have multiple heads, and I don't want to pile them up on top of each other because I won't be able to maneuver them around as easily when I need to. One head and a 2x12 might work though.

>Side question, I'm going to try and write some stuff that sounds like Tryptikon, on the songwriting part I kinda see how they do it, but I have no idea how they get their huge distorted tone, is there a fuzz in there ?
Tom uses Ibanez iceman, ibanez tube screamer and a marshall head I think. Also he usually plays with the tone turned off on his guitar, which gives that special sound. Deep Purple guitarist used to do the same. I don't think he uses fuzz pedals, I could be wrong though.

They use Marshall JCM 800s and an Ibanez Tube Screamer, I believe.

I've been playing guitars forever, and not once have I had any guitar "set up" that I have bought. I bought the shit, took it home, tuned it up and played that fucker. Is "setting up a guitar" the biggest meme there is?

no, but paying for one is.

Is being in tune all the way up the fretboard a meme too?

tips for a noobie bassist? Getting an ibanez gsr200

this desu senpai

fellow Sup Forumsassists

any gear recommendations for a starting bassist?
(bass, amp, pedals... that sort of thing)

i have a decent budget for the holidays and have always wanted to learn bass

>Also he usually plays with the tone turned off on his guitar, which gives that special sound.
Ah, I'm going to try this out then, I'm usually more of a high frequencies all the way up kind of guy.

Some shops setup their guitars, if you don't change gauge and the guitar stays in the same climatic conditions, it won't really need a setup.

here're some tips:
try to learn stuff by ear
try to learn to improv
you can do a simple bass line and still sound great in the mix
have fun, bass is really fun

If the furthest you go up the neck is play9ng an open g major chord, then yes.

Don't tell yourself "it's all root notes."

Fuck that, bass is its own instrument and made to lead the rhythm for the guitars.

Basically learn to use your fingers, not a pick. Don't be afraid to go past the 5th fret. The A and D strings will be your best friends.

Yea, it's a neat trick. that way it's also easy to
get that old school rock sound.

super easy on jaguars dude, you only have to remove this plate

Also will this amp work with bass, its called a guitar amp but has an input port that says low

It will 'work' but probably won't sound too nice.

Back again boys

I'm moving up from an old strat and looking at either a tele or a jazzmaster. I mostly play punk and twinkly emo stuff like You Blew It. Currently have a Fender Mustang 3 V2 as an amp. What do you guys think, tele or jazzie?

I would get a secondhand made in mexico fender bass if I was you. I think tc electronic, eden and mark bass all make nice sounding lightweight amps. They also make some loud amp heads too! Get a pedal tuner and a compressor. The boss tuner is pretty good and mxr makes a good compressor. A compressor will help you sound better and is more practical than something like a fuzz pedal. Set up your bass to play comfortably or if you don't feel comfortable pay someone else to do it. My recommendations are very boring but are practical, haha. I'm sure other anons will have more interesting ideas for gear. Also get a DI box. The tech 21 sans amp bddi is pretty good but it colours your sound a lot.

>paying for a guitar is a meme

:DDDDD???

Except I've never had a problem with intonation, ever. Not even once.

What does setting up a guitar even mean anyway?

>What does setting up a guitar even mean anyway?
>/gg/

>Except I've never had a problem with intonation, ever. Not even once.

>What does setting up a guitar even mean anyway?

(You)

stop posting
go read some shit
come back

Setups have definitely become overrated on /gg/. People here act like a guitar is completely unplayable if the action and intonation isn't 100% perfect. That said, paying $50 for a setup is retarded. You can learn to do a basic setup in like 10 minutes on youtube without needing to buy any tools.

this fucking piece of shit is loose while the other one is pretty tight
how can i put it in place tight? does it even matter anyway?

You shouldn't use that, the Low input is for guitars with high output pickups to prevent unwanted distortion. Guitar speakers are well known for not being able to handle bass frequencies. You can however use the line out/headphones port if they disconnect the speaker when plugged in.

Wrap a piece of tissue paper around it.

I put a Gotoh bridge on my mim bass recently. The bass is also modded with a series/parallel switch. It feels more stable than my previous bridge and it was a good buy. I've started using rotosound funkmaster strings too. I like how the e is 90 and they are very comfortable for slapping. But they feel rough and aren't the best strings for fingerstyle. I would recommend them for people who like to slap a lot but don't want to spend loads of money on strings. They aren't bad, just not great.

Tele, jazzmasters are a meme and people will look down on you for playing one.

what's a good entry-level-ish bass that i could gig with?

Ibanez GS200

Did you not hear him? He said he plays punk and twinkly emo stuff. Sounds like the jazzmaster is just what he's looking for.

what amp should i get?

Jazzmasters don't really twinkle too good since the pickups are super warm, for single coils that is, and have pretty limited sustain.

Looks solid

Telecasters have been used in those genres far more than jazzmasters...

I have a GSR105EX. P comfy but I never use the 5th string.

Doesn't matter, he'll get the offset anyway.

While I agree that it is probably easy to learn to do yourself, and yes paying $50 for a setup is retarded I would say it's best to have everything in working order, at least depending what you're playing. Some shitty chord chugging? No one will notice. Something more technical? Yeah, you probably want it to be fully intonated. I've heard about people setting up guitars before but I guess I never had the problem myself. There was an acoustic I had years ago that wouldn't quite play right but that's pretty much it.

i was looking for a solution that works after i put on the strings m8

Yeah man I was being silly, I wouldn't really know.

>oh what could I do to fix this loose post?
>I guess I could fill the space between the stripped hole and the post itself, but I won't because I think the strings will have and effect in the matter

It's pretty good for the money too. Anyone looking to upgrade the bridge on their mim or squier basses should check them out.

What is wrong with you?

Are Squier Standard Teles worth looking into? Any experience with those? They seem like great guitars for the price.

The thing that's wrong is the fucking piece of shit guitar, i tried putting shit but the thing is that it pretty much goes the same way once there's force involved compressing whatever shit i put in between.
Didn't meant to be a shit but i'm kinda frustrated here

Is this actually a thing?

Put more tissue on it. Make it so tight you have to use a rubber mallet to tap it in. It shouldn't go anywhere after that.

Somewhat. In the circles I roll with people assume you're an entry level hipster if you roll up with a jazzmaster. They're to indie/experimental guitar what the Bronze BC Rich Warlock is to metal.

I used to have a 91 Squier Tele in butterscotch blonde and it was my favorite guitar that I've ever owned.

I don't think tissue will work on this, it gets piled up on top and it won't let the piece get to the bottom, i'll try using some thin cardboard to see if that works better and hoping it doesn't get too compressed

maybe some electrical tape would help

If you can't get any of that to work, just glue in a wooden dowel and re-drill.

fill the hole and redrill

That perfect thing to use if you can get a hold of it. Is some copper or aluminum tape.

For the price id much rather fork over the extra hundred bucks and get a japanese tele

Honestly this would have been the first thing on my list it i had a drill but i don't so i'm screwed (no pun intended) i'll give it a shot at the other stuff and will borrow one if it doesn't work i guess

Take it to a luthier or buy a drill

It's a $30 repair at most.

if youre really cheap you can even return the drill as soon as youre done.

It's not that i'm cheap but i just quit my job and i kinda gotta squeeze money a little bit until i get another job since there's no such thing as neetbux in my country, anyway i just hammered the thing and i guess it's better than before.
Thank you all for putting up with me.

You might want to check the previous thread.

How much are you looking to spend? I don't have experience with squier standard teles but a few years ago I owned a squier classic vibe tele and it was absolutely amazing. I may have picked it up used for $350.

Well, I'm getting a Squier Vintage Modified Jag (used, bought last year, new bridge and a replaced bridge pickup to a single-sized humbucker) next week, but I'm wanting a Tele as well, I'm not looking to drop big bucks on it, that's why I think I might be happy with that Squier Standard.

Pic related; it's my new Jag

i love playing guitar, but i don't have the patience for saving to buying higher quality guitars. i really want an LTD Viper 256, Jet City JCA20H and a nice 2x12 cab.

this is my current guitar gear apart from a busted Laney LC15R combo. i've spent about $250 total for it all. it's all cheap, but it has so much character and feels good to play.

when your amp is broken and you're stuck with pedals and a logitech speaker

I have never had a guitar be adjusted properly straight out of the box/off the store rack. Learn how to do this yourself user. It takes an hour max even if you've never done it before and are following along a tutorial video.

I just picked up a used ibanez sr505 today for $300. Sounds and plays incredible. Im a guitar player that needed a (better/5 string) bass for recording, this bass has me wanting to play bass in a band though. $300 seems to be the going rate for these guys.

Otherwise, cant really go wrong with a used MiM fender, traditional, common, will get you a sound you expect from a bass.

As for amps, ive actually really been liking the current line of ampeg solid state combo amps, the low end ones. I played the $100 one a lot(bought it for gfs bday) and i was practicing at this guys home studio where he had the $360 one, i used a few times but our bass player always used it. I thought it sounded phenomenal, had a lot of different sounds too. Big question is if you have to play against a drum kit.

As for pedals, unnecesary at this point. The most common ones bass players use are compressors and some form of fuzz or distortion. Both of those will help hide issues in your playing. Maybe get a pedal tuner, clip on tuners are nice, but i cant get my snark to pick up the B string on the ibanez i got, or the E string on my other bass. But, pedals are uneccesary, youd be better suited putting the money into a good bass and amp.

Learn to use three fingers on your plucking hand right away. It will be annoying and cumbersome but pays huge dividends later. Things that are tricky with only two fingers are much easier when you're already comfy using three.

HH Telecaster, my buddy has the Blacktop Tele for his pop punk band and I used my Cabronita a lot for twinkle shit and goth rock/shoegaze. Is that an actual Jazzmaster in your pic? The top horn looks a bit off. For what you're looking for pretty much anything HH is good, bonus points for a semi hollow

That's how I started. Get an extra $100 and buy an MiM, I saw an artic white one for $250 a couple weeks ago. Keep the Jag for any sort of mods you'll want to do and overall setup practice

Sup /gg/

I don't play any instruments but I want to write music - I find myself just writing lyrics to existing songs

I figure if I have verses and chorus' and stuff by the time my guitar player has songs written I can adjust minimally to make my lyrics fit the song.

Basically is it okay to write lyrics without music and then fix it later? Or bad practice?

Is there any chart or guide that shows what chords work in what scale degree? Like, for the 5th of the major scale it would say, "major, 7, sus2, sus4, 9" or something along those lines. Need some new inspiration. Learning to play piano and the common chords and inversions are starting to sound very bland. It doesnt need to have chord diagrams or anything like that.

Whatever works my man. I've always found it hard to write lyrics first though

Whatever works best for you bro. I wouldnt force lyrics to fit though, build up that thesaurus in your mind because sometimes long lines and short lines just dont fit, but its absolutely acceptable. A lot of people write lyrics to music because they find it easier. Mike Patton claimed once he wrote the lyrics for "The Real Thing" in one day after everything else had been recorded, said he had to sit down and force himself to do it cause he hated writing lyrics. I guess maynard is the same way. But a lot of rappers have lyrics and phrases memorized that they came up with and will make them fit to whatever they end up rapping over. A lot of rappers youll see free style really well have most of the lyrics already figured out before they even hear the beat, basically what youre talking about. It works for them.

>common guitars have been used in those genres far more than less common guitars

Also, i used to have a buddy who would write lyrics to other songs, hed do like 10 at a time, and then stash them away for at least 6 months. When he pulled them put he wouldnt remember what he wrote them to, hed just have lyrics with no melody or rhythm that he would then incorporate into whatever he was working on. Basically, youre creative process can be uncoventional and down right strange but as long as youre creating who can knock it?

Listen to I would also like to add some tips and things I wish I did when I started on bass.

Learn to sight read. It will help you in the future and you can start learning jazz and classical which will help your playing.

If you are struggling in a jam session. Just stick to roots and fifths and follow the kickdrum pattern the drummer is playing. Always listen to the drummer and play with them. Jayne Lewis has done some nice, simple lessons on youtube about this which could help you a lot at this stage.

Learn theory, you don't have to go nuts and learn crazy new time sigs or weird scales. Just start by learning your pentatonic scales and some basic arpeggios. That should carry you through most jam sessions.