Calling all science anons

Calling all science anons
Im drinking thinking, do all polar poles aka north and south sit in the same position for all planets in the solar system?
Is there a up and down for our whole solar system.
cheers, user from australia.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sHruBvYs1oo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what fuck is science

btw you're from australia? isn't that where people go to die

OP here, i guess it make sense there is as we all rotate around the sun, i wonder if other solar systems are upright like ours? meaning there poles are north and south , same as ours.
basically does the universe have a top and bottom?

im op and im half drunk

nuh uh im op and i like to get fucked in the ASS

OP again, people dont die in australia, people only die in america cause of no gun control.

the solar system is disk shaped. galaxies are disc shaped. within themselves, you can say there is a top and a bottom, but not in the whole universe because it's a clusterfuck of galaxies aimed at all directions.

also are you asking if all planets have an axis they spin around? clearly they do. are you asking if they all have a magnetic north and south pole that matches with the axis? earth's magnetic poles don't match its rotational poles, so it probably doesn't have to match for other planets either.

OP, thanks , you make sense
cheers dude

No, a lot of planets rotate on different planes. Neptune is a good example

Uranus is all sorts of fucked, m8.

so the pic i posted doesnt apply for the universe, its not like a straight space , its warped?

Neptune is slightly less fucked, but still fucked nonetheless.

No.

There is no up or down in space.

The planet Neptune, for example spins on its side

OP here
fuck thats very interesting mate,

All this talk about poles and up or down, its all so simplistic. Wouldnt you agree?

Earth's poles change every now and again

i wouldn't say it's warped, it's just chaotic. on a smaller level, disc-shaped structures exist, such as planetary systems and galaxies. all planetary systems within a galaxy face different directions. all galaxies within the universe face different directions.

OP
lol, funny pic

but im curious how solar systems work

But more are aligned to a plane than not, which suggest the universe itself is rotating.
So based on that, the same should be expected for planets typically, but we have no way to verify that.

They merely switch

Even earths axial poles are moving trough out the year.
Yet, for many planets, the rotation and as a consequence the location of the poles will be similar (angular momentum)

But the magnetic poles are different for many planets

All planets have different axil tilts compared to ours and also different magnetic field alignments compared to their geographic poles.

Each solar system can also be different orientation in the orbital ecliptic compared to ours. Our plane of ecliptic is highly perpendicular compared the plane of ecliptic of our galaxy as whole.

"Up" is away from nearest center of gravity, "down" is towards it. Doesn't matter where you are.

No, by all means! Im curious to see what Sup Forums has to say on the matter. Dont mind me.

i would say yes north pole is always in position N90° E000° whilst south pole S90° E000°

do spaceshuttles go directly up or curve to the side a bit fighting gravity

hay user, the poles oscillate
least you not flat a earther

You will be assimilated

The go straight up, then turn in the direction of the orbit they want, until their sideways momentum allows their freefall to equal the earth's curve.

Oh please. Even your race hasnt come close to the truth. Assimilate me? I dont think theres enough storage between the lot of you. Even jean luc had more sense than that.

Or maybe I WILL join you. What an intriguing idea! But those dull cubes will have to go.

lol

youtube.com/watch?v=sHruBvYs1oo

You will be assimilated

This, and pluto doesn't even orbit parallel to the other "planetoids."

Does anyone know if the sun has a single rotational axis? Or is it just like swirly all over, since it's not exactly solid?

Uranus

magnetic poles change. Ours have numerous times.

But rotational axes? They're usually more or less oriented vertically, but there are exceptions to that. I think another person mentioned Uranus...

It rotates. The same for gas giants like jupiter, they all rotate.

I was typing up a witty response and then I realised file name is gorg. Damn you sir well played!

Oh look he got dubs. "Checked".

Well this thread is dead, how sad. Science just isnt humanitys strong point.

>───────────────▄████████▄──────────────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██───────────────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█────────────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██────────────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▀────────────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██────────────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██────────────██▒████▒████▒▒██──────────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██────────────██▒────▒▒────▒██──────────██▒██──▒▒██──▒██──────────██▒────▒▒────▒██──────────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██───────────██▒▒▒████████▒▒▒▒██──────██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██─────██▒▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒██ ─██▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒█ █▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▒ ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███ ──█▌▌▌▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▌▌███─ ───█▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌█─────█▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌█──────▀█▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌██▀─── ─────█▌▌▌▌▌▌███▌▌▌▌▌▌██▀─── ─────
██▒────▒▒────▒██────────

you got it

If the referring to the solar system as a whole, down is toward the center of the sun.

The image in OP describes gravity with gravity, there's no explanation why space itself would exert a force on a object with enough mass.

Gravity isn't a force. It's the appearance of a force caused by the curvature of space by objects with mass. See Einstein.