"All punks should be apolitical or right wing." - Johnny Ramone

>"All punks should be apolitical or right wing." - Johnny Ramone

When and why did punk primarily become the refuge of oversensitive, sheltered consumerist weaklings with cookie-cutter college liberal beliefs?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism#Non-Marxist_communism
youtube.com/watch?v=RlpEa5DnJ-s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_communism
youtube.com/watch?v=q15qLdQ9bNM
youtube.com/watch?v=5j7Z-6Wm6TY
youtube.com/watch?v=-UsTJ8NR07U
youtube.com/watch?v=c-GiWoDGhJM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wtf i love ramones now

this

Wtf i hate the ramones now

Because those with left-wing leanings, especially those with far-left leanings, forced out or silenced anyone with beliefs not of their own. There are plenty of right-wing, centrist, libertarian, non-radical liberals and other sorts in punk.

>waaaah they don't like what I like

If you're sucking off a 70 year old manchild who got everything handed to him by his daddy, you should probably kill yourself.

delet this

i like you

you probably aren't old enough to post on this board if you sympathize with that shirt

how is this relevant to OP's post?

The first person to mention the Teflon Don ITT is you.
Please remain ontopic or refrain from posting in my thread. Thank you.

when people started to realize liking a certain type of music doesn't decide your political beliefs .

for real though, all good punk should be apolitical/ anti-politics and all bad punk should be against whatever party/ system is in power at the time

Punk it is not apolitical. It is a movement that doesn't try to fit into the traditional left/right model. It stands for rebellion away from that but each side tries to claim it for its own. Many punks ignore that and lurch to one extreme, or they try shock by using extremist iconography.

i always thought punk was supposed to be mostly anarchist, which is the farthest right you can go

tl;dr: I don't know what anarchism is

i was waiting for this
go ahead, explain

>anarchist
>far right

Ramones are not punk though

All the best punk has had a leftist lean to it

Anarchism is a political ideology that stands for the abolition of hierarchical institutions, of which the most common goal is to reach the stateless, classless communist society.

Hierarchical oppressive systems such as capitalism is inherently anti-anarchist. And no, "voluntary selling your labor" is not 'voluntary', that's just a politically correct way to say wage slavery.

You don't even have to read a whole lot to understand the principles of anarchism - wikipedia does a fine job at that in a few lines, also most anarchist literature is freely available online.

German here, most of our punk scenes are anti-German echo chambers for little faggot manlets who got everything blown in their asses by their hated burgeoisie parents.
The worst community I ever was part of. On the beginning, it was open for everyone, liberal.
The extremist faggotry started later as we got connected to more over-regional punk groups. All non-marxist communists and other dissidents got "purged" by the unbearable amount of propaganda and agitation of few hardline leftwingers. I have still a liberal mindset but too much was just too much.

Punk is dead.

Who even fucking listens to the ramones in the year of our lord 2k16?
Not even the teenagers with their ramones shirts listen to the ramones.

>non-marxist communists

B-but muh "Hey! Ho! Let's go!"-song!

I like them but they're far from my favourite punk band.

Do you believe all Communism pertains to Marx? Seriously?

actual german here, none of this is true
"burgeoisie"

codewords for: "i was a social democrat trying to rebel against my parents but people called me out on my shit"

Anarchism is neither a left or right wing ideology but is commonly described as radically left.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism#Non-Marxist_communism

OK, still not entirely right, anarcho-comunism was still welcome.

Think you mean the ao.com
youtube.com/watch?v=RlpEa5DnJ-s

There's anarcho-communists but they still subscribe to Marxist materialism.

yes otherwise it isn't communism.

>disagreeing with marxist materialism

zizek sniffles intensifies

Not him, but:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_communism

When did I say I didn't?

>codewords for: "i was a social democrat trying to rebel against my parents but people called me out on my shit"

>actual german here, none of this is true
>"burgeoisie"

youtube.com/watch?v=q15qLdQ9bNM

Oh wow look, non-marxist communists in heaps right there. Anarcho-communists, syndicalists make up large parts of the antifa crowd. Also

>being offended by antifa

literally reactionairy behaviour

still ties in with Marxism

Literally don't exist outside of Latin America.

>literally reactionairy behaviour

Not offended at all. The shit part was excluding every "dissidents" out of our local group, creating a clean swept echo chamber.

if you're going to go around and be liberal around far-leftists you're going to have to deal with the cold shoulder.

Rosa Luxembourg never forget.

>"All punks should be apolitical or right wing."
>says man who does not play punk

youtube.com/watch?v=5j7Z-6Wm6TY

i guess i'm mixing up terms here but from what i understand the left is for big government (the welfare state, increased government program spending, etc.) while the right is for smaller government ("pull yourself up by your bootstraps"), which would imply anarchism is a more right-leaning ideology.

Exactly.
Far-lefties are not any different than nazis.

punk is full of liberal crybabies who will spend their life working at coffee shops

what about anarcho-capitalist you dumbfuck

youtube.com/watch?v=-UsTJ8NR07U

>Ramones are somehow not punk

Is this some sort of a Tumblr revisionist initiative because of the band's ~problematic~ politics or something?
Because I hate to break it to you, but a lot of important punk bands were right-wing.

Not at all.
No government/smaller government does not pertain to a right/left spectrum.

i.e the ultimate goal of both communism and anarchism is the same non-state entity.

also anecdote here but "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" is *sniff* pure ideology.

Do you mean """"""""""""""anarcho""""""""""""""""-capitalism?

>which would imply anarchism is a more right-leaning ideology.

Anarchism is an umbrella term under which you can find almost every political color.

It's literally just pop-rock.

maturity = liking Trump

Literally not anarchists. Even the founder of ancap-ism says this.

Liberals.jpg

Ramones doesn't have a -problematic- political side to it. Johnny Ramone is just a delusional tosser.
Also they play early incarnations of "punk rock" which is absolutely deplorable.

[genre of popular music] is full of liberal crybabies who will spend their life working at coffee shops

This is the only ancap band I know of youtube.com/watch?v=c-GiWoDGhJM

i agree

the right is and always will be the wrong side. Sorry

take a step back and realize how fucking stupid you are. You're the fedora of politics.

Well if you analyze the world trough a materialist anarchist lense and don't come out under the traditional left-wing side of things you've done something really wrong tbqh

yet we took back america
move to canada loser :)

>implying clinton isn't a traditional right-winger

this is the magnitude of american political experience.

All you fucking kpop faggots should be immediately deported to Sup Forumsedophile,l the place were subhuman autism like this is meant to be spread.

you lost hahahahaha
you lost in the UK
you lost in the US
you lost in much of europe
you will soon start losing in all the other parts of europe as well, country after country after country
you and your beliefs will be out of the game for decades

and you owe it all to your own comically delusional, smug and elitist cognitive dissonance

you lost hahahahahahaha

(You)

>american political experience
>let's watch the news

Neoliberals lost. There hasn't been anything even remotely ressembling a real left since the 60s

Considereing Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, Richard Hell, and John Lydon are all leftists, I think Johnny's outnumbered.

this.

not an argument :)

I'm just giving you advice.

save it for the lgbtq :)

they are pretty much all Trump dick riding white nationalists by now. ie. Stephan Molyneux or the ancap subreddit. In practice the system would result in the rule of a few property owners with everyone else having little to no rights

t, loser

imagine being scum to this extent in the name of delusional ideology

Neither are any of your posts.

not an argument
that was my first post in this thread :)

>In practice the system would result in the rule of a few property owners with everyone else having little to no rights
Almost every form of anarchism would lead into submission of the masses under a protective force, therefore ending individual anarchism.

Lou Reed is a kike you faggot

Wrong thread.

he's also a literal faggot

he's also dead

>live in a white majority country
>immigration from middle east increases, mostly from countries that don't have the same liberal rights we have in the west
>rather than try and assimilate them into liberal society they're confined to camps, blocs and ghettoes
>rape and crime goes up
>decent people become racists and all blame is placed on immigrants and refugees

Honestly EU immigration is a shit show of course there are going to be shitty people when you bring in 100's of thousands of people but at the same time I can't entirely blame people for moving towards the right

even better

who goes around answering "not an argument" to people on the internet. yeah we know your ideology isn't logic but you don't have to embody it on here

stirner -> the door

not an argument

I'm for maximum freedom for all and descentralization. Anarchocapitalism won't eliminate government, if anything it would facilitate total control of the majority by a tiny minority. In top ancap texts there's even suggestions on how to physically remove political dissidents and leave them to starve in the desert

>living in a white majority european country
>refugees from a war ridden area increase in numbers
>literally no rape or crime statistics go up
>whites still top the rape offender statistics
>government goes into a hard on scare campaign led by christian fundamentalists

>americans telling people in europe how bad it is

I'm a Swedish national with us citizenship

I'm on the left, but it's literally a fact that rape and crime went up when immigration went up in Sweden. That is a fact. I don't claim to know why but you can't argue this fact

Sweden's integration policies are a fucking shitshow though

>>literally no rape or crime statistics go up
>>whites still top the rape offender statistics

Where is this magical place?

yep pretty much but i think it's dangerous to ignore the societies the people committing the rapes come from, as women's rights there are often non existent. If you believe in feminism and women's rights it should apply to every nation on earth. I feel people focus too much on race, the left and the right, to the point where you can't even criticize another culture without fear of being labelled racist.

Norway

You could say that but that remains inconsistent with cases where people of this culture comes and does not cause a upswing in crime statistics.
Integration is key.

True, Sweden has failed. I feel the rise of right wing beliefs in Sweden isn't because people are racist, but because of the failure of our immigration policy.

Yeah, and then roots of racism take hold. The right wing keeps on promising illogical solutions to widespread nuanced issues and it's a sad fact that these issues are not widely addressed on an educational level.

Country is full of liberal crybabies who will spend their lives working at coffee shops

fuck you my dad was a coffee shop