Poles of Sup Forums, are you getting christmas tub carp as per tradition this year?

Poles of Sup Forums, are you getting christmas tub carp as per tradition this year?

Other urls found in this thread:

thenews.pl/1/9/Artykul/284779,Polish-high-court-says-Xmas-carp-treated-‘inhumanely’-report
youtube.com/watch?v=2x0pOulw-Gc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nah, almost everyone gets carp "stunned" from the store.

It only happens in some god forsaken villages.

My family says that carp is disgusting, personally I've never had it and don't have an opinion on it.

wtf i love poland now

>Carp
>Disgusting
Not surprisingly considering that your country is almost landlocked.
Honestly surprised that this isn't a thing in Denmark even though we mostly consist of islands.
Instead, we resort to eat waterfowl (duck/goose) and pork on Christmas eve, and a combination of pork and herring the following days with different assortments.

What is this?

Why would you put a carp in a bathtub?

killed it in the morning

>almost entire southern coast of Baltic
>almost landlocked

Not everybody lives on a tiny peninsula and a bunch of small islands, but we have enough of seas access

Fisho was kill today

Yeah, but your majority of your population isnt surrounded by it at all times.
Just had an assumption that Polish food doesnt include nearly as much fish as some of the nordic countries.

Aha!
We found the fishy-fish.
The fish is in the tub.

it's Polish """culture"""

To keep this carp fresh af.
Then you take him, cut his head off and cook.

>meat on Christmas Eve

Heretics.

>he doesnt eat pork on Christmas eve
might as well convert to Islam, Grzegorz

>anything living in the baltic sea
>fresh
lel

>pork on Christmas eve,
But you're not allowed to eat meat on christmas eve?

we don't eat even halal meat you heretic, our meatless dishes on Christmas Eve is to truly celebrate, btw fishes are very good and healthy.

> baltic sea
Carp is a freshwater fish you dumbass.

You keep it in a bathtub for a few days because it's a bottom feeder and you want to clean it's digestive tract.

>No meat on Christmas eve
Why not?

this

fish is the real christmas food.

I ate bunch of herrings, salmon, grav lax etc with potatoes
very delicious

Because thats what Christians do, you don't eat meat on Fridays and on Christmas Eve. If you didn't follow blasphemy of a german heretic you would know this

not fish if it isn't from the sea, river fishes are just mud shit.

It a tradition symbolising that Holy Family,shepherds and the others had to celebrate great time of birth of the Saviour in poverty

>Jesus called the crowd to Him and said, “Listen and understand. A man is not defiled by what enters his mouth, but by what comes out of it."

It's alright lads

Christmas is shaped around Nordic/North European "Yuletid" and is called "Jul" today.
Its a feast to celebrate the winter solstice, so no eating meat is kind of ridiculous.
Even the word "Christmas" is derived from this, and the Christmas tree was originally oak, but got changed to evergreen as to symbolize the holy trinity.
The entire holiday is a compromise to an existing pagan tradition which we refused to part with.
And I bet that "the birth of Christ" is just a shitty excuse that missionaries used to convince retarded pagans to convert.

Also the modern Danish church is Lutheran, so fasting from meat on Fridays and Christmas is pretty much unheard of even if we're Christian.

Varg please go praise your odin somewhere else

I'm just saying that we're celebrating we're celebrating christmas differently and it shouldnt come as a surprise to you that we eat meat on fucking christmas when we're christians.

>celebrates christmas the 7th of january

Fun fact.
Nobody gives a shit about orthodox christmas in Russia except bunch of orthodox pussies in churches.
Our shithole is 50% atheistic.

>""""""""western"""""""" nordic education everyone
More than British pseudo-culture.

Even our bydlo has more culture than your chavs.

Why not a silurus or a catfish?

That's actually a pretty fun fact considering how many westerners glorify you because of "muh christian values" etc.

I always thought it's just another reason to drink but whatever.

I remember watching a documentary as a kid about Ebro river and how big those motherfuckers get there.

Who has a bathtub large enough to fit one of these

Looks like it got fucking cancer all over, what the fuck. How can you eat this?

According to Danish customs, there's always a reason to drink my friend.
And one of them is that you don't actually need a reason.

It tastes muddy and grimy, not surprising given their habitat. Can't understand why people eat it.

I know that and it's makes me sad.
Russians mostly don't celebrate any of Christmas at all.
We celebrate New Year eve.

epic

Explains why my uncle's wife hog the TV all to herself to watch Russian celebrations on New Year's eve.

I wouldn't talk about Russia and values in same sentence.

Fall of communism and following chaos bred all but the most bare survival instincts out of them.

>almost landlocked
>almost
You're either landlocked or you aren't m80.

>eating dried, rehydrated lamb ribs for Christmas dinner
>fresh

my fucking sides

Sorry we eat turkey for chrismas like normal people

I wonder if anyone really treat finns' opinion about Russia realistic.

pinnekjǿtt is based

Got a source on that? Want to know what kind of idiot wrote this and where he got it.

your bydlo literally are our chavs

Nigga I have no clue what you're talking about.
I'm a Catholic and this is the first I've heard of it.
Everyone is Guatemala eats roast pork leg for Christmas eve

>I'm a Catholic and this is the first I've heard of it.
The not eating meat on a friday? As a Catholic? What?

Hahahaha

A) I was talking about not eating meat on Christmas Eve
B) Not eating meat every friday is a meme. We don't eat meat on LENTEN fridays

So when is your plane ride back

Lol a story about this even appeared in Irish news papers.

EVERY POLE DOES IT!

After I finish college la
But me being here gives me more authority on this issue as Catholics here also eat meat on Christmas Eve

Apparently it's a tradition that they stop doing when they move here

Good just don't overstay your welcome and bring a Mexican back with you

You know what...
I think you've just convinced me to drop out, live off if wellfare and impregnate as many white qts as I can get my hands on.
Thanks for helping me decide what I want in life user

>white girls wanting indians

Top kek

I've heard stories from places with lots of Serb diaspora (such as Slovenia) that apparently Serbs keep pigs on their balcony so they can butcher it themselves and have fresh pork.

What is it with Slavs and wanting to butcher everything at home? Why not just let a professional butcher/fishmonger/etc. do it in a shop?

thenews.pl/1/9/Artykul/284779,Polish-high-court-says-Xmas-carp-treated-‘inhumanely’-report

wtf poland? it's a fucking carp

I heard that most countries around Serbia don't like them

I've never seen a grocery store that sells them live. It might be done in Chicago where there's a lot of Polish stores but generally we are too small of a immigrant group in America to keep things like that going elsewhere.

I live in Chicago. It was something i noticed growing up. The poles thst were here for 7 years or under do it. But any longer and they really don't do it unless their wife wants to do it

i don't know exactly what but something what is wrong with west is concentrated in this post

>oooooga boooooga were da liver disease at

That he is too spoiled to know why someone would do something themself

We used to do it, once I had to kill a carp, there was blood everywhere on the snow

Quads. Well done.

my friend's wife told me the other day how she thought tub carp was her new pet and she washed it with soap rendering it unedible

women were a mistake

Poland no

All women should be locked up in chains and turned into slaves.

You may call me carp, because I'm getting "stunned" tonight.

My sides

>replying to an obvious b8 thread

>b8
mate many of us really do it

My joke went over your head.
How do you catch fishie? With b8
kekekekek

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
youtube.com/watch?v=2x0pOulw-Gc

Hahahaha

>being this new
>not knowing christmas karp

have never heard of this but i want in my face

No.
It's a gommie times custom. Hardly an actual tradition.
Also carp is a shit tier fish.

good mene

There's literally nothing wrong with recycling sperm.

Is there any way to make that shit of fish taste good, what's your secret? seriosly asking, they're plague here

one does not simply "get the carp"

I put a perch in a tub as a kid, it lived for 3 days

fry them on a pan w/ a bit of flour, lemon pepper etc. so its sorta crispy on the outside, throw them into a glass container with sliced leek and champignon, bake for a while.

The thing is our karp is a long cultivated breed that has a lot less scales and small fishbones it it and also is fed differently before its sold so its not gamey in taste, so I dunno if there really is a way to salvage a feral magikarp.

PS You slice it into smaller portions beforehand, ofc.

>perch
kek, anglo names for fishes are funny

It's such a big deal among Polish immigrants here there's a famous kids book about it.

Good start is keeping it in clean water for few days without food.

Perhaps in a bathtub

why carp? why not salmon or flounder or something