Revolutionary thread. Continued discussion from political alignment thread

Revolutionary thread. Continued discussion from political alignment thread.

The Government does not work for the people. Look at how most politicians today are from upper class backgrounds. They do not serve the people who elect them, nor the state they are elected to run, but rather themselves and their own interests. They are corrupt, and use underhanded tactics in order to remain in power. Bernie Sanders had a similar level of support from the people as Hillary Clinton, and yet his presidential candidacy was ended by unelected superdelegates, many of whom have ties to big corporations. UKIP in the UK elections last year got 12.6% of the popular vote, but only 0.3% of the seats.

Western countries today are practically revolution proof. The media has become too deeply ingrained in our day to day life, and would stop enough of the population from supporting a revolution by keeping the facts from the people, and blatantly lying instead.

Whenever the people become rebellious, the media starts reporting some fucking crisis that makes people turn to the Government for support. Look at the past few years and all the fear-mongering that went on with the Ukraine Crisis, ISIS, Ebola, Charlie-Hebdo and the Paris attacks. Even though we live in the most peaceful era of human history, people are far too paranoid to take up arms against the thing they are convinced is stopping them from being overrun by terrorists.

1984 comes to mind; "Until they have become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious."

We are the Proles.

You are on to something.

Bump

Bump 2

listen dude
hold on bumping

> are from upper class backgrounds.

why would anyone want to have people leading this country who could not get up out of their humble beginnings? it's quite easy. all you need to do is stand out a bit from the masses.

it's called the american dream. but it isn't abuot hard work, that was a lie.

if you have a skill that is in demand, the drive and the intelligence to get what you want then you will move up in the USA.

why would we want to elect politicians who couldn't do that?

A lot of problems could be solved by changing the voting systems in several countries. Abolishing first past the post for something more democratic like proportional representations would break the two party deadlock in most countries and make things a lot better. Also getting rid of the american electoral college would be nice.

right now the electoral college may be the only thing that has saved the US from a centurty of bullshit religious rule.

Look at the examples in the OP. Hillary Clinton is from a political family, and she only beat Bernie Sanders, a man from more humble beginnings, because of superdelegates. Other than that, they had similar levels of support from the people, even though Hillary had a much larger campaign.

The other example, the UK elections, should also be looked in to. The leaders of the top two UK parties, Ed Milliband and David Cameron, were both educated in elite schools and went to elite universities. They are both from political families, both with a great amount of wealth. Nigel Farage, although I do not agree with his policies, was from a more humble background than the other two. He got enough votes for 81 seats in Parliament, and yet his party only got 2.

How will we ever change to PR, though? The establishment will never give it to us, as they know it would harm them, and would rather have us thinking about Gay Marriage and ISIS.

>because of superdelegates.

wrong, and exposing of your bias toward conspiracy bullshit. her superdelegates did not save her against obama,

no it was the democrat voters who made her win. sorry to burst your bubble.

but yeah president is a specific and glaring exception. it's like CEO. it represents out country. it should be something better than the average joe. thankfully it always has been.

trump is about the worst example so far and he's way behind.

and here I thought the other guy was the retard.

sure kid. democrats pick by electability alone.
sorry to burst your bubble.

the voters voted.

and the way a party picks their candidate does not need to be democratic anyway. no one voted for that used car salesman looking gary johnson did they?

sure kid

yeah kid, you got nothing to say. figures.

i'll take that as a win. you're dismissed.

so easily triggered.

sure, kid. still saying literally nothing.

i said you're dismissed. now go away.

>the way a party picks their candidate doesn't have to be democratic
Haha. You're right though! We shouldn't get to choose who represents the party that we inevitably vote for because democrats aren't allowed to vote for republicans and vice versa.

Big people didn't want Bernie to run, so he's not allowed. Big people don't want trump to run so anyone that doesn't vote Hillary is a bigot. Money has its hands in both parties. The old people and the young. Doesn't matter anyway, our votes don't matter

you sound nervous. like your world has just been shattered.

that's pretty pessimistic isn't it?

i didn't say we shouldn't but there's nothing in the constitution that says which candidate a party chooses has to be done by popular vote.

that actually started in the 1970s.

looks like you're the one who went away.
or are you crying?

Yeah sure he does, kid.

It don't matter, none of this matters

sure kid.

do you honestly think bernie would have changed things? do you really believe trump stands a chance of doing anything differently?

as far as i can see they are both firmly establishment candidates. they simply pander differently.

well I'd like to play with you tards longer but I have to go buy a lawn mower. you know something adults do from time to time.
I'll be back later if you want to entertain me some more. here's a parting thought,
you are nothing more than words on a monitor.

Finally. Like the other guy said, you're dismissed.

They're both different enough from the past three presidents that something might have changed.
Let's be honest here Obama was pretty much nigger Bush, look at his economic policies, his policy on the NSA, his use of force to remove 'dictators', etc.

> democrat voters made her win

You a dumb ass boot licker. Clintons promised continued reparations to the ingnorant niggly bears and their churches all agreed to spread the gospel. MSM blacked out Bernies campaign, not that niggly bears watch news anyway.

Clinton didn't win shit, bailiff is going to show her to the door.

Everyone knows only Teenagers Mexicans and Hank hill do yard work

>2016 buying a lawn mower and not using a service

Simp

Exactly. Wtf buying a mower for.

well how she won, what she promised or whatever, is up for debate. but she did win.

right wing conspiracy theories aside, she isn't going anywhere. it's over.

and the media made trump win, with its free media coverage of him nonstop, of every single idiotic thing he said.

no conspiracy though. just people making decisions that they think benefit the people they work for.

I'm with you! Sic semper tyrannis