The best modern football player is still Zidane. We had the confirmation

The best modern football player is still Zidane. We had the confirmation.

Video to remember

youtube.com/watch?v=C7mXGMcpA0g

Best playmaker ever

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2H6SUm_wxkg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinedine_Zidane
youtube.com/watch?v=E29US24FvXM
youtube.com/watch?v=SRlJHK_k6hQ
youtube.com/watch?v=a0ksVaLlaIw
youtu.be/CmhYr2qX85g
youtube.com/watch?v=IicmCu47pMo
youtube.com/watch?v=HF9IHQ8Z16w
youtube.com/watch?v=skzj-aI6PU0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's not Thiago Motta

> le do a couple of nice flicks at key moments of the game to fool the casuals and commentators bad temper arab lad

Yeah, a maestro.

Underage spotted.

the worst messi game in slow motion is still more impressive than a "best" zidane game

Maradona > Laudrup > Riquelme > Zidane

prove me wrong protip you wont

I remember during the world cup that the opposite teams needed to put everytime 3 players on him.
That was ogre

>bad temper arab
I'd say that's independant of his quality as a player but it made him miss some key moments. It arguably cost France the 2006 WC and could have cost them the 1998 WC if not for a golden goal by Blanc in the 1/8th.

Maybe watch the video ?

Maradona > Zico > Platini > Laudrup >Zidane > Riquelme

>Zico > Platini > Laudrup >Zidane
no

>I rate Zizou

yes that expulsion at the 110" min had a huge impact on the game.
the score was 1-1 since the 19" but im sure at least 3 or 4 goals would have happened in those last 10 minutes with zidane.

LOOOL XDDD

>I rank zidane (pbuh)

>It will never be 1998 again

why live

Hello fellow berber

>that flag
>this topic

ALGERIA
L
G
E
R
I
A

>I evaluate zidane

Zidane was pretty shit in that world cup.

He was great in '00 Euros though and overrated but good in '06.

They were still playing decently and were getting chances till then. After they just looked defeated and probably didn't start the penalty session in the best of minds.

Garrincha > Pelé > Rivelino > Zico > Maradona > Platini

Yes but no. I said modern player.
Mini 1990s

I am glad I was born in time to see him play the game. Thank you Zizou

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2H6SUm_wxkg

> Copa America MVP at age 20

fatnaldo

wel his first touch is amazing. what players still have that today apart from the obvious messi?

Penalty session : Trezeguet hits the trollbar, everyone else score

It's not like Trezeguet was facing his teamate Buffon.
Im sure the trollbar would have been different if Zidane was here.

Maybe if the captain is here and hasn't lost his cool like a 12 year old, it helps ease his teammates' nerves and he doesn't hit the trollbar.

>he fell for the zidane meme

He's probably Algerian m8.

Really ?

>Renowned for his elegance, vision, ball control and technique, Zidane was named the best European footballer of the past 50 years in the UEFA Golden Jubilee Poll.[5] He is widely regarded as one of the greatest players in the history of the game.[6][7][8]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinedine_Zidane

I'm not the only to think this apparently

>le get ejected and cost your country the world cup man

why are you arguing with pakis and obongo? it's not like they watch or know football over there

>zidane
>better than cruyff, beckenbauer, puskas and van basten

disgraceful

>the headbutt guy
>best

Yea, nice try. How can he be the best, if that's the only thing he's done?

Zidane was a great but hugely flawed player. Like many playmakers tend to do, he would often go completely missing in games - however, he had a habit of showing up when it matter (1998 WC and 2002 CL).

That being said, Zidane singlehandedly sabotaged his teams chances of winning another World Cup final, which is totally unforgivable. The last thing he ever did was lose his shit like a fucking manchild. Zidane had the ability to do something great every match, but he really only did it every other match. Overrated.

desu I don't think a lot of people in France hold the WC 2006 against Zidane. First because he's seen as the man who gave France its first WC title. Second because back then he was coming back from retirement, on his last leg, and right before the WC started people didn't really expect him to be anywhere near as good as he was. His performance against Brazil was simply beautiful.
Also Materazzi was a cunt and I think a lot of people were happy he got decked regardless of the consequences.

youtube.com/watch?v=E29US24FvXM

>Zidane singlehandedly sabotaged his teams chances of winning another World Cup final
He fucking put the team there in the first place, which absolutely nobody in France would have bet on at the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=SRlJHK_k6hQ

GOAT

And then he threw it all away.

Zidane could have scored 20 goals on the way to the final, it doesn't change the fact he absolutely fucked his team because he couldn't control his emotions.

Ronaldo or Messi would have shot this in the clouds desu

why are you even opening a football thread fatty?

People who reduce Zidane to his headbutt are the same people who reduce Henry to his handball against Ireland in the qualifiers. Completely clueless bandwagoners.

>Zidane singlehandedly sabotaged his teams chances of winning another World Cup final

1. Zidane was basically the only reason that incarnation of the French NT was in the final to begin with.

2. France lost on penalties, so it was hardly a sabotage like you claim.

Best players since 1990:

Zidane > Messi > Ronaldo > Henry > Ronaldinho

110" MINUTE

FUCK OFF

this.
Also Ronaldo got fat that's why he's overrated. Platini turned into a corrupt faggot so he's overrated. Garrincha fucked a goat so he's overrated.

man it was the 110th fucking minute, and it was 1-1 since 20th, we chocked in penalty thats all

irish post best post

Why do people always forget how well Ribery played in that world cup?

or Higuain fucks chances up left and right in the finals, hence Messi is overrated.

he just played well vs Spain, then he became a muslim

You now remember based Willy Sagnol

>Zidane's free kick at the last minute vs England in 2004
My dick still gets hard thinking about it even if everything went to shit after that game.

>1-0 for England until the 91" minute

>proceed to lose 1-2

Kek, it was almost as good as the Euro 00 final.

The first thing is that even people who d'ont know/care about football would recognize him as a great player, and mostly because he was truly elegant. In a pure sportive aspect he had everything, first touch, vision, inspiration, a fully skilled palette of technical gesture. He wasn't this fast, but his control were always perfect, allowing him to always win 2-3m to his direct opposant. Can use his two feet and his head too...

Which led me to what I think of him. 10 years had passed, and I forgive him because he made what no one else did, he choose his moment to leave. I mean yes it costs us and his team the WC, but what he did was like the perfect end of the movie, I'm sure he knew exactly what he did at the moment, and I'm sure he did it on purpose, just to show that he's higher than the game, just to prove that he rule it and he can choose if want to give us this WC or not. And for this he's more than just an excellent player, he's god among men...

penalties are just a coin toss. Italians were lucky that's all. they only won 1 legit world cup in a legit way.

Zidane is the reason I started watching/caring about football.

The 2006 world cup was during undergrad, and I had a French roommate who was watching every match in our living room. My girlfriend of 2 years had just broken up with me and I had just got back from getting a ton of booze to get drunk, and after telling my roommate what was up he says "hey man, just come watch this guy play football for a second, even if you don't know anything about it I guarantee he'll make you a fan." That guy was Zidane, and I became a fan instantly.

no homo

coo

>nobody mentions Ronaldinho

youtube.com/watch?v=a0ksVaLlaIw

>Ronaldinho in 2006 quarter final
>404 not found

Zidane was a fucking magician. Incredible ability to pass players even though he wasn't a particularly fast guy.

Back in 1998 I was a 14yo kid who didn't know shit about football. I went to watch the final on the TV in the camping where we were on vacation with a bunch of other people. Against Brazil, everybody had their fingers crossed but the expectations weren't high. And then Zidane scores. And does it again. Everybody's mind was blown.

Loved Ronnie, but his career wasn't as much of a roller-coaster of emotion and the end of it was almost pitiful, sadly.

>penalties are just a coin toss
I think that's overstated, especially when a player misses the penalty (rather than the keeper saving it)
>they only won 1 legit world cup in a legit way.
Remember what happened when France faced Italy in 1998?

I wonder what was going through his head from the minute 90 to the time when he and the rest of the team arrived at the hotel after losing the match.

Zidane and Ronaldinho were truly one of a kind with their ball control. It's just fucking insane.

Obviously it's hardly the only quality that makes a player great, hell Messi BTFO's everyone just by being good at dribbling. But either way it was a blast to watch them and I wonder why nobody ever became like them again.

Fucking Zidane, I jizz every time he juggles the ball across the field like a madman, it's even better than the roulette trick.

>How the fuck did he know about my sister?

What is it with these baseless claims?

I doubt he cared much. He's a guy who won everything, had retired from the national team, and only came back because the manager begged him and a few other veterans. The whole 2006 World Cup was just a bonus stage.

Since you bring ball control up and it's basically becoming a "most entertaining players to watch" discussion, I'd feel bad if I didn't shill some Okocha.
youtu.be/CmhYr2qX85g

Rommedahl > Nedved > Zidane > Henry tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=IicmCu47pMo

I had to watch the video 3 times to understand what he did. Haven't seen it done like that since. Truly the best modern player.

>1-2

nice one

Why is Zidane so based bros?

I read the biography of the french manager at this time (Domenech), don't remember much thing about this episode, he just mentions that he saw Zidane, both didn't looked at each other and Zidane took his shower and waited in the locker. I could easily imagine that everybody left Zidane alone, it would have been stupid to confront him about this. Also it was a real shitstorm in France after the match TV, radio, and newspaper everybody wanted to know why he did this which led to strange scene where Zidane came on TV to explain what happened (also Zidane was and he still see as a really hy guy in France).

Kek

Pure class.

>Zidane scoring twice against England in extra time, going from 0-1 to a cheeky 2-1 in two minutes

Sup Forums would have memed so hard.

*shy, sorry i'm really messing with my keyboard tonight...

>no scholes
lmao >7-0s

With Beckham failing a penalty when it was 1-0 for England.
youtube.com/watch?v=HF9IHQ8Z16w

That is downright sickening.

Is this was Eusebio was like?

With Gerrard making an assist to Henry, the second in his career

>Beckenbauer
>Van Basten

>implying

I believe Zidane had it all, either in terms of technics, ball control, shoot aimor field view
He represent the total football

Just watch the whole video and you'll see him juggle but also give extremely accurate passes to team mates. Let's not forget his ferocious defending and extreme stamina

In another style youtube.com/watch?v=skzj-aI6PU0 :^)

>extreme stamina
Yeah, reminder that in 2006 he was 34 years old and he played 6 full games + 20 extra minutes against Italy. The guy is a legend.

>Have Gerrard and Lampard as so called "legends"

I'd be jelly too mate

Listen you dumb yankee turd: nobody gives a fuck about the way your diseased shit culture relates to sports. Not only is Zidane one of the best to ever do it, but his red card is utterly irrelevant. There is no connection whatsoever between that and his team losing in the penalties. The only reason you say otherwise is because you're a simpleminded tool that establishes connections between unrelated events like a superstitious illiterate peasant.

>Messi > Ronaldo

KEK

Zico was certainly better than the others.

>desu I don't think a lot of people in France hold the WC 2006 against Zidane

this. france wasn't even gonna qualify until zidane came out of retirement

Technically he shouldn't have been sent off. He was careful to do it when non of the officials were watching.

We all know the Ref saw it on the big screen and sent him off after one of his assistants said he would 'say he saw it' to validate the refs action.

Still, any other action would have been farcical

R9 obviously, Mahmoud

ta gueule vieux suceur de parisien on s'en bat les couilles de ce vieux mec

Could someone explain how Zidane is better than Iniesta?

He doesn't get nutmegged