/shugazi/ - Shoegaze (Dream Pop, Noise Pop, and Blackgaze) General

so are we going to have Sup Forums radio listenalongs in december or something cause that would be coool if someone figured that out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AyZjTcH50Fk
youtube.com/watch?v=kg1yOpQ8X4E
youtube.com/watch?v=D0lvdPoKh7s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

are we doing the whole month like last year?
that was pretty overboard

dream pop december? if so, we gotta organize that soon.

I think it would be better to just have like a week of listenalongs abd just discuss what albums we want to listen to that week every day until then

how bout we listen to whatever we want whenever we want to.

Wow you're so punk, user.

shoegaze is punk af though

Daily reminder to ignore and report chinkgaze posters.

but we do that all the time

Thoughts on Pale Saints? They seem to be very underrated here.

Only listened to In Ribbons so far, it's quite good.

I like them, they're sound's kind of a really unique one in this whole shoegaze/dream pop thing.
I think they were the best at making gentle dreamy music with actual distinct musical qualities that kept them from just being guitar pop, odd time signatures, noise experiments, etc

Their first album is pretty good too, can't decide which one if my favourite from them, In Ribbons or The Comforts of Madness. Couldn't really get into Slow Buildings.

what keeps people from considering this shoegaze

not the dense shoegaze kind of guitar noise

Jap Shoegze = Worst Shoegaze. This is fact

too riffy. still one of the best guitar albums ever made.

it actually is, i agree

I really like them actually but I don't listen to them much. Both albums were great though, the girl from Lush made a nice addition to the band on In Ribbons, but i'd say i like them equally.

guys ive tried listening to that album twice and i still didn't understand the guitar riffs on that album. I wasn't hearing any melody at all.

see a doctor pal

shouldn't sound like aimless noise at least

Is Deathconciseness the greatest shoegaze album? I think it is.

It's really fucking good. A lot of it isn't really shoegaze but whatever It's great for depression.

Pretty unspectacular Blackgaze release, but the female vocals are really nice and there are some catchy hooks

I'm inclined to believe this is Audrey from Amesoeurs, but I can't be 100% sure (it HAS to be though).

I'm drunk and it's 5am and I literally just came here to talk about this album

there hasn't been a single album as good as it since 09

bloodhail changed my life
I'm glad people share this opinion

Jap Shoegze = Worst Shoegaze

this is true

It is there man. Heat distraction is a real clean example if you want to go back through it at some point.

The Japanese shoegaze shitposter has resorted to samefagging.

Best countries for shoegaze scene:
>US
>Germany
>UK
>Norway
Ecuador

Worst countries for shoegaze scene:
>Japan
>China
>Malaysia
>India
>Congo

Where does Korea and Brasil fall into?

So who enjoyed Kodama here? Was it shoegazy enough for your taste?

just okay

Sounded like just another Alcest album IMO. Might have to give it a few more listens but I think it's pretty mediocre so far.

Does this count as shoegaze?

youtube.com/watch?v=AyZjTcH50Fk

b-but
>GETITOOOONFAAAAAA
>FANINAAAA-HAAAAAA
>GAYDOOWAAAAA-HAAAAAYEYEYEEEEE

Lyrics that make no sense. The best lo-fi production in years (Can these two terms actually co-exist?). An impending feeling of misery and sadness as if they already knew they would break up and one of them would die in his sleep. Songs that hit you as hard as the snowstorm in the cover first and then calm you down. "Penal Colony" would make Joy Division proud. "Drag Open" goes from a harsh metallic guitars riff and yelps to two minutes of perfect drones. "Eyesore" is an excellent pop song (guess you have already heard that).
Ok, nobody really likes elaborate album reviews. So I 'll get to the point.
It 's sad. Gloomy Dark. But in the end you 're left with a smile. Because you know that for while it lasted it might have been painful but beautiful too. It almost made me cry. It 's the first album which actually did that.
It 's great and I 'm so sad that we 'll never hear any new song from them.

Hello,

Here is our first demo for those who are interested.

youtube.com/watch?v=kg1yOpQ8X4E

We made a mix of shoegaze, doomgaze and vegangaze. All the musicians are vegan and since we talk about animals in captivity and their suffering or the extinction of the wild life and other stuff like this we decided to make up this genre.

I shared it in another /shugazi/ thread a few days ago but new critics and advice are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

It's alright. It was pretty predictable and reminded me of the Angelic Process. I don't like how much that drum sound is used everywhere, though.

It's all because of Have A Nice Life.

Its good m8, please share more songs in the future. Its better than ANY japgaze song EVER

Thank you. We will release our second demo soon and it will be better than this.

i look forward to it. My only advise is to not draw ANY inspiration from Japgaze

We don't have any except a pinch of downy for the vocals.

youtube.com/watch?v=D0lvdPoKh7s

Your song is very solid, im impressed with the production at it kept me engaged the entire time

Wow, thank you very much user. The guitarist/bassist/drummer mastered it all by himself. He'll be very happy to hear your advise.