Why was the Ottman Empire unable to produce something like the renaissance? Even though it had the Greeks?

Why was the Ottman Empire unable to produce something like the renaissance? Even though it had the Greeks?

All the greeks with brains went to Italy.

They didn't feel the need to. The age of exploration began specifically because the ottomans cut off access to India anyways. In the 16th century and ottoman engineer created a steam turbine which could've been used to create an engine followed by a train but instead
they just used it to grill lamb evenly.

Because turks are a lesser race compared to any of the white peoples.

They know how to maintain societies once they're thaught how to and are semi competent in military matters. That's about it.

laughingelfman.jpg

I gotcha covered

>semi-competent

I don't like roaches but they ruled over eastern europe for atleast 300 years despite a lot of european military coalitions.

>Even though it had the Greeks
why isnt the EU flourishing even though we have greece?

i swear this is the story of turks. they cant see the oputunities.

>be mighty ottoman empire
>expand until you control the balkans
>turn to shit and collapse

>be mighty european union
>expand until you control the balkans
>turn to shit and collapse

I blame the balkans.

this

But it is.

>Why was the Ottman Empire unable to produce something like the renaissance?
It had Greeks.

I think Islam is against drawing real things (only abstract geometric stuff is fine), and against music too.

Thats wahhabism not Islam. Do you want me to post all the mineatures about military campaings,sultan portraits and ottoman music?

yes. post them all

Good question. I guess it was because the asian half of the empire was sparsely populated and its inhabitants considered everything fun or profitable haram, and the european side was way too politically unstable. I dunno about Anatolia, maybe the upper class didn't have enough capital to comission anything?

This

Gr**ks are subhuman

thanks for your answer, 14 memes and one answer, not bad

This user was telling the truth too

We had Tanzimat but is wasn't as effective.And multi-culturalism didn't help either.We should've assimilated balkans and arabs.We didn't , so they've just worked for themselves rather than the empire.