So recently I begun a little something to pass the time: I'm going to watch one movie I haven't seen every day for a...

So recently I begun a little something to pass the time: I'm going to watch one movie I haven't seen every day for a year and one that was definitely on my list was No Country for Old Men.

This movie was praised up the wazoo for this and that and got awards and whatever the fuck and I'm gonna tell you right now, (and feel free to disagree with me and argue my points) this movie is shit.

Why? Good question which I will summarize in a random examples, in no way stating this is a review of any kind. [SPOILERS]

- It's slow as fuck;
- People do really dumb shit and get killed or almost get killed for it;
- Carson gets killed for no fucking reason, even though he seems to be written as a clever, know-your-enemy type character;
- Llewelyn also gets killed for no fucking reason after having gone through all of that shit with Anton, and not only that, it happens off-screen;
- It tries to be deep as all hell with all of Ed Tom's dribble;
- The final scene with Anton makes no fucking sense and just leaves the character with no closure;
- The final scene of the movie also makes no fucking sense, as Ed Tom describes a dream that's supposed to be some deep metaphor shit.

The point being that, all in all, No Country for Old Men seems to be a somewhat consistent cat and mouse sort of action movie, up until that last fifth. Why the fuck was that last fifth like that? Give the movie closure, not some bullshit deeper meaning sorta thing after all of that crap, the rest clearly wasn't written as a metaphor.

Also, I'm just fucking around; I know none of you will even bother to look at this.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0477731/
imdb.com/list/ls063533393/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you must be 12

GOAT

No music in the whole movie

Good pick OP, fucking excellent movie.

Infant.

imdb.com/title/tt0477731/

OP, I agree. It comes across as sloppy. Though Anton's end apparently was supposed to be ambiguous, for some reason which escapes me now.

What else is on your list? Assuming you have actually written it out... Looking for things I haven't seen.

I thought the book was real good, it was neat seeing what the bros did with it. Wasn't as displeased because I already had extra info going into it

Right here: imdb.com/list/ls063533393/

I add movies as I go, week by week

>21 movies

Why didn't you add my movie? Do it.

how did you like macbeth OP?

What's so special about it? I'll write it down but I won't add it yet.

Watch Ikiru, by Akira Kurosawa. It is an amazing film.

I spent a few years living in Japan, which gave just an inkling more context to the movie, but I saw it before I moved there, and it was still a peerless masterpiece.

Any Akira Kurosawa movie is worth watching, though.

The Original Old Boy. For the hammer scene.

Street Fighter: The Movie. Terrible movie. But Raul Julia is a god.

It's a fun little movie.

What about it?

Thanks user, some I haven't seen there. Good choices, I'll keep an eye on it. Suggestion for you from last year, Sicario.

I'll add Ikiru.

I've seen Old Boy, terrific movie.

I refuse to watch movies I know are specifically shitty, even if they're laughably shitty, it's a waste of my time.

I liked it.
Because it didn't do what people like you (or any logical person) expected it to. That's what makes it a thinker.

I can appreciate movies hidden behind metaphors like Eraserhead, user because they're specifically written like that. No Country is not. It's a decent action movie with a thinly veiled attempt at being deep and thus, it gets a lower score from me.

You need a few more, faggot

I said I'm adding to it week by week, you fuckface. If I look at a huge list, it'll just seem like work.

I didn't suggest SF:TM because it was laughable, but more because I enjoy that Raul Julia (as M. Bison) says "fuck it, I'm going to do my best" and owns every scene he's in. The entire rest of the cast together cannot take the attention off of Raul Julia when M. Bison has a scene. It's real evidence of the power of a good actor, just present in a shitty movie. Watch it if you want, I guess.

I also really enjoyed The Secret of Kels, but I don't know why. Maybe you could identify it. The art style and writing were very distinct, but I'm assuming you're not going for animations here.

Spotlight. It won Best Picture this year for a lot of reasons. Everything, even down to the time-appropriateness of the wardrobe, is immaculate. I don't think the film is written in a way that really provides the actors an easy chance to shine. They shine anyway. The acting is some of the best.

>lel twist
M. Night Shyayayayayllywag is not a good director.

Any movie goes on my list as long as it isn't a piece of shit so I'd be happy to add both Secret and Spotlight, thanks for the suggestions