9th grade locker room question: So who is the player who dominated his sports the most?

9th grade locker room question: So who is the player who dominated his sports the most?
Like really rekking everything for a long time!

Is it Wayne Gretzky?

At the risk of sounding biased, yes, Gretzky.

Wayne Gretzky totalled 2857 points during his career, while the second best total out of everyone to ever play in the NHL is 1887. He nearly scored ONE THOUSAND more points than the second-best player.

Not to mention, he played in 300 games less

Gretzky is a meme, his actual goal scoring record isn't all that over the length of his career, he had some great seasons, but overall nothing to write home about. Messi is far more dominant and impactful than Gretzky.

Who is it in your opinion then?

Lakers Shaq

Don Bradman. 99.94 test average, next best is 58.45

>Is it Gretzky?
yes.

nobody gives a fuck about paddleroll

@69031431
(You)

this

Kobe and Shaq could have six-peted if they could just get along

Babe Ruth honestly. Dude had more home runs than most teams did for a good stretch

>in b4 boreball
>in b4 not a sport

Just answering the question famm

2nd most popular sport in the world, but you seppos are too busy watching commercials to play sport

>baseball
>not Barry Bonds
genuine retard spotted.
>b-but it's only those 4 years when he roided!
go back and check how much he excelled at every aspect of the game that wasn't pitching for nearly 15 years before he began roiding. Every. Single. One.

Yeah, no other countries have advertising at all. Not liking your stupid sport means we don't play sports too, that makes a lot of sense

Michael Jordan. Any other answer is wrong.

Dude, I'm a fucking Giants fan. I know how great he was. Has nothing to do with the question. Babe Ruth dominated the sport more than Bonds did because of how shit everyone was in his era. Didnt say he was the best player or better than Bonds you fucking retard

Seconding this.

Call me biased, but you can't argue that this bloke is off the fucking chart statistically speaking.

When someone makes these threads, they should always have an addendum which states that it can't be Bradman because he is so clearly the answer.

Not Bonds user, but Jimmie Foxx? Lou Gehrig? Ty Cobb? Honus Wagner? Tedd Williams? All "shit"?

He dominated because everyone in Ruth's era was fucking trash

Shaq might be the most overrated player since the ABA/NBA merger. Guy showed up out of shape every year and couldn't have the ball late because he couldn't shoot. Also fell off a damn cliff once his athleticism gave out after 30.

This insecurity lmao

This. Gretzky isn't even the unanimous GOAT in his sport.

Stupid Americunts

If we're talking in terms of how far ahead of their competitors they were when playing?

1. Bradman
2. Gretzky
3. Tiger Woods

And then daylight fourth fifth sixth and seventh. MJ wasn't even close to as far in front of Barkley/Bird/Magic.

>ads plastered on every inch of boundary wall space
>and on player jerseys
>insect fans talking shit about Americans and ads

why do you take offense to that post? do you not realize that post was aimed at every "purist" or moron who thinks it's not one of those two?
Babe and Bonds both destroyed countless records, yes. I would give Babe the advantage if you take it the cultural effect of his game into account, but Bonds was just a better player.

it was a diluted talent pool compared to the >diversity of races now where blacks, whites, Latinos, Asians, pretty much anyone can dominate, and breaking the race barrier didn't happen officially until 1940. Not to mention nearly all facets of the game, on and off the field, have improved by miles since their time.

Richard Petty. Sadaharu Oh. Wilt Chamberlain.

Oh? And who, perchance, do you believe is greater than The Great One?

Jack Nicklaus/Tiger Woods is very close for golf. You could go either way.

Nicklaus had arguably the better career but peak Tiger could have been 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the world at the same time.

Yeah, I said that right in my fucking post you idiot

Stop posting. You have no idea what you're talking about. Wagner was in a different time and retired before Ruth started dominating. Ted Williams was a different era. Cobb was a different era in terms of play style. Foxx didn't do anything until Ruth had already dominated for a decade straight and wasn't near as good as Ruth anyways. Babe Ruth literally changed the game. Gehrig was obviously great too but wasn't on the same level as Ruth and also wasn't good until after 8 years of Ruth dominance. Ruth and Gehrig are the most dominant teammates ever though. They had like 330 RBIs between them in '27

Ho wow I never knew that!!! XD Thanks for showing me, dat's crazy. Consider me a cricket fan now!!

Doesn't even really make sense, but if you say so famm

>Gretzky is a meme, his actual goal scoring record isn't all that over the length of his career
u serious nigga?

There are weekly conversations about Messi vs Maradona or Jordan vs LeBron/Curry/etc or Ruth vs Mays. There are no such conversations about Gretzky.

>sports stop every 20 seconds so you can waddle to the fridge and get more chips

>Doesn't even really make sense
You Are Retarded, Buddy

>literally being descendants of subhuman trash
>literally being the most irrelevant white country on the planet Earth

> I have no argument but luckily I've heard OP's argument before so tough luck kiddo

>Sadaharu Oh
The first time I've heard his name come up for baseball. Admittedly, he played in a less talented league, but AFAIK no one, in Nip League or MLB, has broken his career HR record (800-something).

>peak Tiger could have been 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the world at the same time
kek, I kind of have to agree. I can't vouch for Nicklaus too much because I wasn't alive to see his greatness, but Tiger has made many of the absolute all-time GOAT shots. I don't remember where it happened, but the ~50-60 ft. uphill "hand of God" putt is my all-time favorite.

> Descendants of Britbongs as well
> Literally hated by every country

I mean, it was just an odd thing to say in response to what I said. I mean, the same thing could be said about you for responding but I don't. Blatantly lying about a country not playing sports like you did seems more insecure to me than just pointing out that all coutries advertise and play sports

Fucking idiot

That wasn't OP retard. What am I supposed to argue? If you counted the actual play time of cricket it would also be extremely low. Nobody here is even talking about football but you guys always bring it up anyways for some reason

I'm not descended from Brits, I'm descended from other Europeans mostly. And I was referring to you being descended from low-life prisoners. You guys are too irrelevant to hate in day to day life

>Blatantly lying about a country not playing sports
I didn't make that post. The insecurity stems from not being able to take a commercialball insult after saying cricket doesn't count

>you being descended from low-life prisoners
most aren't

>Literally hated by every country
They hate us cause they aint us.

It's not really insecurity though. Just a fact that all sports have commercials. Like I said, nobody is even talking about football. Yet you guys bring it up when people point out that nobody who matters give a shit about cricket so you go to your meme insults because it's all you have. Just being honest, that does seem pretty insecure

I love her.

And I'm descended from Swedes, so thats irrelevant

>a bunch of prizoners sent to a desert with abos creates a less violent country than the yanks

Because its the same with all your sports. A basketball game for example is 48 minutes and takes 2 hours

Less in every way

You guys are lucky you don't have to worry about Mexicans or blacks inflating your crime rates.

Yeah, fouls, free throws, out of bounds, timeouts

>we always talk about football because all sports are like that

Lol, how does that make any sense you dunce

We have abos and sudaniggers, glad we dont have as many as you guys

Good thing there is this newfangled invention called a DVR where you can fast forward through the bullshit.

>Yeah, fouls, free throws, out of bounds, timeouts
How does that justify your shit sport you dumbcunt

fewer

>yanks dont watch sport live

Wtf?

You're just repeating yourself now. You don't have an argument.

I was pointing out that it's not because of commercials you fucking moron. How do you function in life well enough to use a computer? There's more action in basketball than in cricket so why are you even posting? The NBA is a joke for other reasons though and I wouldn't be defending it at all if you weren't such a complete idiot

Record and watch later so you can skip through the commercials and shit. It's pretty much the only way I can watch sports that aren't soccer.

Theres nothing to argue and I have no need or want to argue, like I already said. Didn't really repeat myself because I was addressing your point and adding more

Comparative to their competition?

Bradman
Ruth
Tiger
Gretzky

Wilt would be more in the mix but Russell dumpstered him when they actually played each other.

No Michael Phelps for swimming? He absolutely shreked two Olympic games and just got gold after gold, and frankly I never gave a shit about swimming before he came along.

Mario Lemieux is still better in my eyes.
>915 games
>1723 points

Also, Lemieux could play defense better than Gretzky ever could. Not trying to say Gretzky isn't great, but Lemieux had the ability to be better.
Also, after Gretzky left the Oilers, he never won a championship again, which isn't his fault, but Messier at least delivered 2 more.

All of that put aside, the USSR team with 22 world junior medals in 35 years, and 7 gold medals out of 9 Olympics is the most dominant team in any sport, period. There was only 1 tournament where they didn't win any medals. Say what you will, but you have to recognize the one true dominant team.

fuck off cunt

>Gretzky considers Orr and Howe to be greater players than he
>Orr also says Howe is the GOAT
>Howe says losing Orr was the greatest blow professional hockey ever suffered
>Lemieux was also a GOAT cut down by injuries

>Howe has died
>Orr is next
>Gretzky and Mario will soon follow

humble as fuck. truly the titans of sport

As someone whocwatcyesnall sports, the answer is gretzky

>2nd most popular

Poo in the loos don't count, Dundee.

Who is the GOAT American to play hockey?

Lol