It's been almost 3 years with no updates, is Winamp really dead? I don't want to use another music player

It's been almost 3 years with no updates, is Winamp really dead? I don't want to use another music player....

Also music player thread I guess.

lol they announced they were discontinuing the project like 3 years ago where have you been?

It got picked up by a new company, supposedly they were working on version 5.8 but I haven't seen any recent news.

just download foobar2000 and customize it

Decided to try foobar today after using musicbee for a while. How did I do?

iTunes is objectively the best music player

It doesn't look too bad, although I feel with time, you'll develop something that really fits what you want it to be.

winamp strong since 2004

I tried f2k for a couple of months, but MusicBee just has more features and a better ui, better than most if not all the other skin makers for f2k. im shit at making foob skins anyways so its just a better fit

>better ui

it's disgusting though

well, better ui for me. i like everything on the screen, its faster. and you can customize musicbee easier.,, just not as customizable as foob

You're off to a decent start, user. I would move the search filter to the very top and the buttons and seekbar to the bottom. Having them in the middle like that looks incredibly awkward.

I've been using fb2k after a long time with winamp ever since it's been out of development.
I've used some custom styling I found on the interwebs, catrox, which I find nice. Pic related.

You are literally a faggot

There was a visualizer that came long with that, do you happen to have it? It's the one pictured at the bottom

I might've removed it, I don't really find it useful 2bh
I've tweaked mine a little bit

but do you still have the file? I wanted to add it to my foobar, but it seems the file was deleted

No idea, I've made the tweaks a while ago now. I'll go check if I can find it

Made the switch from Foobar to MusicBee a few months ago. Has more features and looks better in general.

what skin is this?

yeah I did the same, I reccomend anyone that likes fb2k check out musicbee

Well I can't seem to find it. Search on the web maybe?

lol look at the filename bud

what about it

Beautiful. Mind dumping what you did to it?

MusicBeeSupernovaSkin.png

song_columns_list_format = "(28)[green]{a} (29)[yellow]{b} (50)[red]{t}"
user_interface = "alternative"
alternative_header_first_line_format = "{$b$2%b$9}"
alternative_header_second_line_format = "{$0(%y)$9}"
visualizer_look = "●▉"
visualizer_color = "15 cyan 11 green 12 10"
visualizer_in_stereo = "yes"

this should be the important parts, I just made the colors match the pape and got some gnome notification thing to show album art

Who needs updates when you've reached perfection?

I'm pretty happy with my setup
You've got all the information you need which is good, now you just need to fiddle about with the layout so it looks pretty

Winamp's still around? Neat.

>Wasting time on customizing your music player
lmao why? Winamp gives you all you need in a small dynamic window.

>It's been almost 3 years with no updates, is Winamp really dead? I don't want to use another music player....
yeah it is, the makers gave up on it and abandoned it completely
just use foobar, i was a winamp user for years and i took the time to edit my foobar to exactly how i wanted it and i love it

yours looks a lot like mine

Real talk though why is Foobar mobile taking so long

I'm using it on my phone right now. Don't know what you mean by taking so long.

Terminal based? Looks similar to ncmpcpp or cmus. Mingus Ah Um is a great album too

i see that fruity loops, care to share what you make?

That top bar is so lame lel

This makes me hnghh every time.

>tfw some day you got lazy and started using spotify instead of winamp
i'm disgusting

gril

just started using foobar2000. i really like it

i was using winamp forever, switched to AIMP recently, its real good, first music player other than winamp i like

yea, it's ncmpcpp

this drawing has a lot of problems

You are literally poor