Howdy, friends

Howdy, friends.
Phobia thread-
>What you're afraid of
>Why you're afraid of it
>Possible origin
>Any encounters (i.e. almost drowning, falling off ladders, attacked by animal, etc.)
Let's go.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ewqpyHEE03I?t=3m45s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

boiled alive

Fuck it. I'll start.
>Spiders (Arachnophobia)
>The little niggers have way too many legs, use ass string to capture and drink bugs, and their eyes are cute yet terrifying
>Grew up in the middle of nowhere so there were always huge spiders
>Never knowingly been bit, but I have woken up with bite marks

I have both Thalassophobia and Submechanophobia

>Rejection/disapproval
>Because it just reinforces my own self-hatred
>shitty childhood
>too many to count over the years

Honesty no idea why because I've always loved the water/sea since I was little.

That stuff also gets to me, but I always hope that huge sea creatures will be found for science and such.

Getting raped by a feminist
>bitches look like dudes
>want rights
>can be never seen in kitchen
>start to yell when u don't agree
>never listen to anyone who bring up facts about: why feminists are fucking retarded

The ocean. No fucking way am I going out on the ocean.

wubba nigga

>Vomit
>I'm afraid of vomiting after seeing them vomit. The smell and visual also frightens me
>Me vomiting and choking on it, or my grams yelling at me after I vomit
>Multiple people who have vomited next to me

Deep-sea gigantism is both eery and intriguing.

So do you avoid drinking heavily to circumvent choking on vomit ?

> heights
> have a tendency to get pushed off by shitty friends

I feel the same. I love the images from the deep ocean, Jaques Cousteu was one of my favorite shows growing up (Oldfag), and the fantasy art of sea monsters is too cool to pass up.

But I will NEVER go out on the ocean. EVER. I don't even like to fly over it. I won't go to an ocean beach to swim.

I've been on top of a rickety wooden lookout post overlooking mountains before and I almost passed out. Shit was dumb. Fuck Arkansas.

I don't drink at all. I'm way too scared I'll vomit

> thrown out of a plane by said shitty friends
> mfw

youtu.be/ewqpyHEE03I?t=3m45s

Right ? Screw the ocean. I'd rather look at pictures than get out on a boat and possibly get stuck out there with all the baddies.

Bump

now imagine being somewhere in the ocean all alone and u see a kraken under you, getting closer and closer grabbing ur legs and pulling you down

I'm afraid of heights because when I was about 7, I was riding the Dumbo ride at Disney World. My big sister was in the back. There was a stick that you could move to tilt the fiberglass Dumbo as you were spinning around in a circle. She jerked the stick to the left so hard that I almost fell out of the ride. you know that feeling of your heart being in your stomach? I had to hang on for dear life with my knees as I was almost flung from the ride. Nobody else saw it and though I was being a little faggot crybaby about it.

I have claustrophobia.

I cant walk into crowded areas and definetly never stepping into an elvevator again. how it came to be was that my uncle was a fucking douche bag ever since i was a little kid, i used to wake up with pillows mashed up in my face because he knew it scared me. one day he wanted to show me his wardrobe and he fucking locked me inside of it. Put me in one of those large black trashbags, got the vacuum cleaner and Sucked out all the air of the trashbag. Seriously dont know why i even hang out with him to this day. All this happened around from when i was 4-11 years old.

That's sounds awful, pal. Rides are never worth it. I promise you that.

I fucking hate people that spear fish with scuba gear, to fucking fat and incapable of free diving, they make it to easy for themselves.

Dont know what it would be called but
Fear of falling trees
Reason: when i was five my dad was cutting down a tree and i didnt know. I jumped out of the way just in time. It landed 2 inches away from me. And this was a big ass tree
Encouters: one time a smaller tree almost fell on me. Not big enough to kill, but enough to break limbs

Yikes. My brother used to be the same way. He'd put me in a sleeping bag, tie it up, and lock me in a closet until my parents got home from work.

Watch out for those ents, man.

that is fucking horrifying, i had similar things happen that my uncle did too me. im glad that all he did was create my claustrophobia rather than rape my tiny butthole back then.

i love swimming and diving in real life but really deep sea scares the fuck out of me for some reason...

Or he'd lock both my other sister and myself in a room and press against the door so we couldn't get out.

What the fuck. i'd never to that to my lil bro. Did you at least tell your parents or get him back in some way?

They'd know when they got home, but no real punishment ever worked. They'd take his door away, no games, beat his ass, do whatever really, but it never helped. I don't hate him for it, though. There's like a twelve year gap between he and I and it was mainly to mess with my sister because she's claustrophobic as well.

I see. Similar age gap between me and my little brother, 13 years.

>Xenophobia(Fear of the unknown)
>I just am. I hate feeling vunerable, and like to have some element of knowing and certainty in my life.
>I honestly don't know where this fear originated, beyond me being a person who enjoys knowing where they stand.
>No truly bad encounters. I have a hard time swimming in deep waters, not knowing what's below me. I alway feel uneasy around dark rooms I can't see into, etc.

I have a similar thing, only I'm more afraid of the none man-made things than the man-made things

I also like knowing what's ahead and uncertainty gives me anxiety, but not knowing everything is part of being human. The hand you're dealt and all that.

That made me tingle all over, holy shit...

I think what you feel is rather normal. It's probably instinctual.

Testicular cancer, the reason why i have this phobia of Testicular cancer is because of the cure that they would remove the affected testicle and that's castration. The origin was almost a year ago on the Internet. I don't exactly know what the website was.

Atelophobia (fear of not being good enough for people)

abusive parents with very high standards for me, complicated relationship with both

>no phobias
>still uncomfortable when too high and nothing to catch

I understand that, there are just some things whose uncertainty makes me unable to enjoy them...

Asian or just too much on your plate ?

>Being cucked (cuckaphobia)
>Don't want the love of my life stolen
>Friend getting to the girl I liked in highschool
>Got cucked in highschool

Normal stuff, I guess. Survival stuff. Being hurt or killed, but I can't think of any one thing that scares me more than it should. I take a rational approach to things.

Never understood this fear. Is it because the objects are so big?

does your name happen to be noah

It's just women. I understand the whole love aspect, but they're a dime a dozen. Getting with women is not difficult in the slightest.

I got another one
>The fear of isolation
>The idea of loneliness and abandonment frightens me, not much more to it.
>Childhood events. Moved over-seas away from my dad when I was for, and since then he visits around 3 times a year only for a few weeks. Then I was held back in second grade (being born when I was made me younger than everyone in my class), then changing schools in fifth grade, and bouncing between cliques every few years in middle-school up. In short, every time I get close to someone, either they move away, or I do.
>Whenever I enter a new community(say, summer camp or job) without any previously established relationships the feeling always creeps up on me. Thankfully I have a pretty easy time making friends, so it never lasts too long, but it's still there.

Understandable. I think the worst way to be cucked would be to have your girl taken by another girl. That'd be shit.

>Aticyphobia, fear of failure.
I suspect it's because my mother told me I was going to fail, my whole childhood. Every school year ended the same way: Me getting the grades I should and having success, and my mother freaking out and telling me I'm going to fail and repeat the year even though I was in no danger of failure. Every dream I told her I had, she would give me a thousand reasons for why it can not be achieved.
She always pushed me towards mediocrity and tried to sabotage my attempts to get my life on track. For example, when I was a teenager, I wasn't allowed to have a job. Why? She wanted me to fuck off and blow my teen years away instead of being productive.
So I stopped listening to her and went my own way. I also let her know what I thought about her pessimism and what effects it had me. Really put some emotional distance between us that I can't shorten. Someone once told me that she was a rock and I was a balloon, tied together, I go nowhere. You cut the rock and the balloon flies away.

Honestly, never understood this one. Maybe it's because I've never encountered any massive spiders, but they've never bugged me in the slightest.

I'm sorry for that. Really, but at least you have a driving force for the rest of your life and something to hold over her when or if shit goes south.

I'm afraid that one night I'll wake up. I get up to turn on the light. But this time I don't. Instead, I wait. For something to happen. Something. Anything. But nothing happens.

I've seen spiders that could fill up entire cups, or legs spread out to cover dinner plates, but while searching for a thread image, I planned on using a spider and found some really cute ones. By that, I felt conflicted on my nature to hate them and also to want to just look. Hell, some were wearing water droplets. Water droplets, friend. Shit was cute.

Does sound pretty cute. Gonna look that up now.

Is this what you were refering to?

Wanna throw in some cute spiders for a bump ? We're dying out here.

Oh. Yes.

>nothing
>n/a
>due to past history with clinic depression and chronic depression, and current emotional detachment.
>n/a

Here's another one

So, you are telling me that your mother waited 13 fucking years to have another kid.

Your parents are goddamn retarded.

There are five of us.

Also said that I have a sister in that same paragraph.

> Bees
> Something about them just really freaks me out
> No idea
> I avoid them desperately

Should also add that Im not allergic they just rustle my jimmies

Do you live in an area with actual poisonous spiders?

I've lived in the middle of nowhere my whole life and spiders have never bothered me, and I see them constantly throughout the day no matter where I am. There's some that leave a pretty nasty bite, but no actual poisonous ones that I know of. I've heard there are brown recluse in the area, and I've possibly seen a few, but I've never heard of anybody bitten by one around here so it really doesn't worry me.

I don't even kill them unless I randomly find them on me somewhere, but that's a reaction I have to any bug crawling on me.

My sister, though, will scream bloody murder and flee the room until somebody kills it for her. It annoyed the fucking shit out of me when I lived at home, I wanted to kill her. She worked night shift and everybody else in the house worked during the day, and waking up to her screaming was nearly a nightly occurance around 2-3am.

The only thing I'm really afraid of is falling from a great height. I'll jump off cliffs/waterfalls/bridges and shit if there's water underneath(and not obnoxiously high in the air), but if I'm high up and look down and there's just ground underneath I won't go within at least 10 feet of the ledge.

Bees are assholes no matter how you cut it, but hornets, wasps, dirt dobbers, etc. are even worse. I feel you on this.

Terrified of dogs, little ones are okay but big one make me anxious even if they are trained.
>8 year old me was killed by 2 dogs ripping me apart.

I feel like some phobias are faked.
Like you just don't like spiders or snakes, they creep you out, it's not a true phobia.
It's only a phobia if you almost pass out when you interact with it, despite emotional and logical process trying to tell the brain to stay conscious.

I'm a beekeeper.
Bees are really calm as long as you don't mess with their hive entrance or shake them.
been beekeeping once a week 2 years, only stung 3x.

Ouch. All I have are big dogs and they're as nice as can be. I'm sorry.

I'm not stupid, she always knew that, and I knew from about 15 that what she said didn't even matter. I would be whoever I would be regardless of her input. I did want to spite her, I used it as motivation.

wat u mean by 8 year old me?
dream? Sibling? Kid?

If that's what it takes, man.

I'm a farm worker. Bees buzz about all day in the field and especially the greenhouses. You just have to not care (at least don't show it) and act casual. When you get all jumpy and swat at them you'll piss them off and they'll surely fuck with you

I'm a hypochondriac. I probably spend about 70% of the day worried about some specific disease. Then the next day it'll be something else.

A lot of people are really squeamish about stuff, but over the past 30 years iv read A LOT about A LOT of things, and as long as i understand something it doesnt bother me.

Like for instance, the blood lust for humans when it comes to small creatures,

Just because you cant step on it and extinguish is life force does not me its right.

I get into arguments with my friends and girl friend.

She always screams and asks me to kill a spider in the window minding its own busines.

Or my friends find a snake or a rodent, and they immediately want to kill it and often do.

Whenever a moth gets in the room, i catch it and let it outside, whenever i see a beetle stuck in a rain puddle, I help the little bro out and put him on land.

We all get a limited time on this planet perpetuated out of sheer coincedence.

WHO AM I TO TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ANOTHER LIVING BREATHING THING??

Anyway, i said all that to say this, flying insects that have stinger, wasps, bee's ect.

They scare me. They always buzz up into your face from seemingly no-fucking-where.

Worst is that they like to fly in your coke cans and beer cans, then you have to worry about swallowing them. FUCK THAT.

But other little creatures get a pass from me.

That doesn't sound like fun at all. Have you ever thought about trying pot or meditation or remedial repetitive hobbies to keep your mind off of it ? Clicker games may help.

>geese
>shattered my wrist when one didn't move at the bottom of a huge hill i was longboarding down and ate shit
in turn
>intense hxc longboarding
>see above
>bikes are more efficient anyways

Multiple sclerosis
My father has it and the chances are higher for children of the same sex as a parent with MS. 1in 6 I think. But those are the just the chances of having the chromosome mutation that causes it. So even if I had the mutation I might never get symptoms.
Either way it scares me, I watched him struggle with it my whole life.

congratz, you're an autist

>Clowns
>Mother fuckers are scary as fuck and just look pure evil and acting all sketchy and fake n shit.
>as a kid i got forces multiple times to go to circus despite my fear of clowns.
>circus

I mean i was dead when i arrived at the hospital, when i came to they said i lost a lot of blood and it was a miracle i came back.
I still dont have full movement of my right arm, elbow and shoulder joints were crushed pretty bad.
I still have dreams of being chased down and ripped apart about once a month.

Bees aren't interested in people. Just ignore.
Bees that get in your drink would drown before you could sip it.
Btw bees are a mellow yellow and brownish color, if it's bright yellow that's a hornet/yellow jacket.

I'm afraid of clowns.
They always shit on my cake.

Goddamit I hate people like your fucking sister.

Forgetting the fact that almost all spiders are not capable of harming humans,

There is also the fact that in terms of size, ITS A TINY FUCKING CREATURE

Most the time spiders are no bigger than a nickel.

It can literally do nothing to you, you are so big to that fucking spider that it will flee for its goddamn life.

You are like a greek titan to the spider, or even a god to them.

There is NOTHING TO BE SCARED OF.

I don't see the issue with clowns. They're just people with makeup and big shoes.

Unless one of the little bastards crawls into the straw of your big gulp and you go to get a drink and get stung on the tongue and nearly choke to death on your own tongue.

Ask me how I know that can happen. G'head, ask...

>heights
>fat
>being fat
>went upstairs once

Same here. Saw my friend get mauled by a rottwieler when I was 5 on the way to kindergarten. Tore her chest open and killed her. I'm a diehard cat owner

How would you know, friend pal ?

>heights (not including roller coasters and other rides because I love that shit)
>being around large groups of people I don't know
>bees
Fairly common pleb shit, nothing interesting. Also nice dubs.

Holy fuck

Because it happened to me. Took a sip, felt something besides liquid hit my tongue and before I could spit the little bastard out it stung me.

Fucken yellow jacket, too...

Im the guy from the original post.

That sounds like a horrible nightmare to me.

See, not a bee.
Beekeepers have to make feeders that accumulate less than 1/4 an inch of water because they drown fairly quickly.