Other urls found in this thread:

smokeringspdx.bandcamp.com/album/boxes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Com'on Alex helped that album out big time

nah nvm u right its not that good

Views
The Life of Pablo

Preoccupations by very far

Gore and TS were actually good although I've only heard TS once or twice. Gore is solid as fuck though.

also new Smoke Rings

they should just fucking delete it compared to this literal masterpiece

smokeringspdx.bandcamp.com/album/boxes
released January 16, 2016

This and Art Angels

art angels was last year

Grimes albums are so shit that they seep into the next few years though. Sorry to inform you.

The Coke meme should've taken off.

I was disappointed considering how long they were working on it.

I wish it came with lyrics. One of them is a Christmas song about nuclear winter?

Yeah, lyrics would probably help me get into it more.

Fucking Wildflower, such a dissapointment,

June

that's not a good meme user

so bad it's good?

(you)

>deftones
>disappointment

you have to go back

I don't get the hate for Gore. Nearly every track is a banger.

that really hurts

me neither but its actually all I've ever heard from them

and I plan to keep it that way, thank you very much

I enjoyed it.

this year will over with soon

Painting With
Views

I kinda wanna include Freetown Sound because I really liked Cupid Deluxe in 2013 and the follow up did nothing for me this year, but I think I kinda just moved on from Dev Hynes' whole aesthetic.

Yeah this should have been better. It sounds unfinished.

Its their worst album, they clearly resigned to make formulaic slop. The bland production does it no favors either. The album lacks any of the dynamics that made Deftones good

Damn, more than year ago, my bad.

Fuck you i enjoyed preoccupations.

I enjoyed preoccupations too

Blonde

What's actually been good this year? Feels like everything's been okay at best

Aes Rock got great critical reception, but I don't think his original fanbase would agree

But that's their best album yet.

really bad album that was

>Its their worst album

lolno

KNY > White Pony > Diamond Eyes > SNW > Gore > s/t > ATF > Adrenaline

My life.

But in seriousness, I was completely underwhelmed by Life of Pablo.

Ok but still was it not a huge drop off and disappointment? Not that it's saying a whole lot since Viet Congo was an easy top ten but still.

>Gore > s/t
>Gore > ATF
lolno

SNW > White Pony > Diamond Eyes > ATF > KNY > S/T > Gore > Adrenaline

it was alright

desu i've listened through the new radiohead like 3 times and went back to kid a and amnesiac

BARBADNOTGOOD - IV
Plini - Handmade Cities
Kanye West - The Life of Pablo
Gost - Non Paradisi / Secret Arcana
Blood Orange - Freetown Sound

Can't think of any others at the moment.

Damn why adrenaline so low? I agree otherwise, but adrenaline is a fucking killer debut album especially for its time and their age, it's right behind ATF for me

Blackstar

There have been plenty of great underground releases this year. It's just the hyped and well known artists/bands that mostly failed to deliver (exceptions being Radiohead, Bowie, and Cave).

nothing that has actively disappointed me really (as in other things i had low expectations of anyway)

only the new Deap Vally is so wank, their debut was fun, sad

s/t and Gore are pretty even tbqh famalam

ATF is overrated. The way people talk about it, you'd think the entire album was as good as Be Quiet And Drive.

coloring book
TLOP
the colour in anything

oh shit i forgot about Coloring Book

yeah the crazy praise that got was way unjustified. it's not anywhere near as good as Acid Rap.

>let's turn our death metal band into some sort of faggy, pseudo-prog borefest

This was a legitimately great album. I revisited FMTS and TWOAF this year for the first time in forever and i'd easily take Magma over them. kinda reminded me of a heavier Baroness circa Blue Record.

bottomless pit

>This was a legitimately great album
You're kidding right ? Excluding any complain on the change of style, the songwriting is ass, the drums are worse, and they re-use the same old tricks as before. There's no sense of continuity in the album either, it's just overall a lot worse than even L'Enfant Sauvage.

>six years
>this

It's great for the same reason most metal i loved this year was great - they successfully embraced a strong sense of atmosphere. The sequencing on that album is pretty much flawless, as well.

I found it completely awful the first time, the second one it was a bit more decent, but by James' standards is shit.

this too. poor yeezy, the fame is killing him

tbqh i haven't really listened to it that much. maybe i should give it another shot

i actually totally forgot about putting ='s between some of them. i'd still say s/t > gore but i'd probably change it to KNY = ATF

what did he mean by this

hes been famous for years and hes made 3 good albums. old age is killing him

this kid has crawled so far up his own ass that it's almost funny
all the marching church shit has been unlistenable

I actually really liked Magma. It's different, yeah, but not boring by any means, its a really nice record.

I enjoyed this. Definitely not as good as their last two albums, but it's not bad by any means.

Was not that good, desu.

This. Save for one track I didn't care for it at all.

ATF > White Pony > SNW > Adrenaline > Diamond Eyes > s/t > KNY > Gore

anyone else?

literally all expected to be good albums

this one leaked so early that I always forget that it only came out this year.
I liked it quite a bit, but I do think that they need to change up their sound a bit on their next record

i would be okay if they kept doing the same sound but only if they did it as good as oshin, which they didn't on is the is are. cole is a bitch, he said they would be getting "heavier and darker" but he should have just said "more of the same but worse". so much filler.
and they RUINED dust too

wasn't that excited for it anyway

you know, fantano.

all the hope i was fed this fear is being constantly contradicted

[)iE

You had 5 years Anthony

(Solitude is amazing tho)

This guy gets it, though I'd say Pony and ATF are equal.

I cannot remember more than 2 tracks from KNY or Gore - both were so forgettable

Fuck no
SNW>Diamond Eyes>st>KNY>White Pony>Gore>ATF>Adrenaline

Move White Pony to third and that's my ranking exactly