Anybody else ride? just picked this up today. 07 harley sportster. inb4 girl bike...

anybody else ride? just picked this up today. 07 harley sportster. inb4 girl bike. it's a good starter motorcycle for me.

Worst. Bike. Ever.
Suspension is shit, riding position is shit. Cunt is heavy but not heavy enough to feel like a planted "cruiser" and slow in the corners, all the downsides of a slow cruiser with none of the upsides of a light sporty bike.

well, i mean, i don't know, i like it so far :/

my idea bike is a big, burly cruiser type. speed is not my thing so I'd like to graduate to a street king eventually but those are just like, too damn heavy at this early stage for me. plus i wanted to go Harley so anything else was out of the question. And I like the fact that it's fuel injected so no waiting to warm up or anything.

> my ideal bike
fixed, whoops

The sporty's aren't really what I'd call the Harley experience, they are made cheap, to target 18-25 year olds entering the market and eat into some of the metric market, I owned a 1200 sporty custom for 3 years, told myself I liked it but never really enjoyed riding it, test ride a softail or a dyna, you feel "in" the bike, not "on" it like you do with the sporty

>you feel "in" the bike, not "on" it like you do with the sporty

ok i definitely agree with that part so far. i do feel "on" this bike. my dream bike is a soft tail Night Train but I've heard they are hard to find in the US at the moment. Maybe in a few years; I think it'd be more doable for me. What are your thoughts on Street Bobs?

Are you wearing slippers?

i kinda want to, but ive watched too much rekt

you don't ride m8

>wearing toms
>no wear on tires
>you didn't drive that to where ever this pic was taken because your keys are on one of those faggoty long ass key chains which you cant really have while the keys are in the ignition

0/10

those are $5 shoes from H&M.

You are correct in that I did not ride it to where the pic was taken. It was delivered to a parking lot near my house by the dealer. However, I rode it home, put on boots and rode around the neighborhood for the rest of the afternoon. And that faggoty long ass thing, as you call it, is a Guns N' Roses lanyard. Fav band in the world. So, yep.

05 R1 Raven

but i'm young.

i don't plan on hitting any highways this season. just streets and roads near my house until i'm more comfortable on it.

i'd love to see you get your ass handed to you by some 1%ers, you fucking poser

I owned an '09 XL1200L "low" for three years. Long story short, went over the suspension and would have liked to have done more before I sold it. With a good suspension setup it is a fun bike but the short travel setups from the factory, like the low, superlow, iron, etc., are nearly unrideable.

What I did, in a nutshell, 5 1/2" damper rods and springs from the 1200C, Ricor Intiminators, and 12 1/2" Progressive 412's. Would have liked to go with straight rate springs in front, and better rears. Fun bike if you set it up right.

Not the other guy, but aren't the Bob's built on the Dyna frame? Seat is low and to the rear of the triangle, with foreward controls. Can be uncomfortable on longer rides. A sporty with midset controls might be a bit more comfortable on a longer ride. The 1200 sporty motor can go all day long.

Just dont let them come to waco..

I don't know why you're giving the guys such a hard time it looks like a cool guy and it's a cool pic in a cool bike

Reminds me of when Brendan Fraser's girlfriend says to him at the beginning of Airheads

>you fucking poser
explain, plz, because i'm lost on that one.

i knew even the 1200 would probably be too much for me. 883 seemed more reasonable.
is the 1200C your main bike now?

Why aren't 125cc starter bikes sold in the US any more? I mean the smallest bike you can find is likr 500cc...

that's kind. appreciate, sir.

Michiganfag here. 02 Harley.

wow. that's a beautiful looking motorcycle.

where in MI? I graduated from wayne state. lived in Detroit during and for buncha years afterward.

(I'm pretty drunk btw,) Long story but I sold the Sportster a few months ago after replacing it with a 2014 V-Strom 650. More suited to my riding style, lighter, more comfortable ergonomics. I had a love hate relation with the Sporty.

It took me several bikes to find the right one for me. Have fun with your sporty while looking around at what is available. It may take you a while and a few bikes to find "the one".

About 30 minutes east of Flint in Lapeer.