Help me build a computer on a budget Sup Forums

help me build a computer on a budget Sup Forums

i wanna get back into pc gaming but my laptop is about 7 years old. some sort of Asus with intel mobile core 2 duo @2.13GHz, 4gb DDR2 ram, and nvida geforce gtx 260m.

don't really care about mobility anymore, so desktop or laptop makes no difference. i don't know much of anything about computers, so what should i get?

id like to spend less than $500

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/Cf6hFT
logicalincrements.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

I7 devils canyon, rx 480 x2 or nvidia 1080 and 16gb ram of minimum 1600 ram. Then put it together with the cheapest parts you can get.

Go to eBay look for some used / refurbished shit look for an older i5 or i7 maybe like 4th gen and get a decent mobo with that socket spend most of your wad on the graphics card I still run a gtx 660 to and can run witcher 3 in med-high settings at 1080p

whats a mobo?

motherboard

bump for computers

Bump

Get a mac for gaming kid.

get a console pc gaming is dead

>i7 devils canyon
$300+
>nvidia 1080
$600-700

thats already double my budget

good luck

not trying to get a top of the line pc here and play everything on ultra

but i would like to play games on medium-high settings

You should be able to pick up a i7 sandy bridge or ivy bridge used for about 100-150 and a gtx 660 for around 150-200
Should leave you aleawt about 200 to get a mobo some ram and a HDD and some shitty case monitor is most likely gonna put you over the 500 unless you find one cheap as fuck

pcpartpicker.com/list/Cf6hFT

here

Also PSU should be able to get away with a pretty cheap one maybe like another 30-40 bucks

If you want to go as cheap as you can, a GTX 750ti, 4GB ram, a 1tb HDD, a G3258 OC at 4.2ghz (You'll do the oc) a 500w PSU, and a cheap ass mobo should do

Wait for benchmarks from these cuties (rx 460/470). As for processor, just go for a fx 6300 or something.

logicalincrements.com/
This site is pretty great. I would advise the PSU being the absolute last thing you would skimp on. Bad PSUs murder components, start housefires, and kill or maim.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/Cf6hFT
this is actually not bad...

True but you can get a pretty quality PSU in the $40 price range

>logicalincrements.com/
no.

I agree although I'm an Intel and nvidia fanboy

this guy knows what's up
OP had parameters
user delivered