What are Sup Forums's essential Citypop Albums?

What are Sup Forums's essential Citypop Albums?

>City Pop is a breezy, mellow mixture of Smooth Jazz and AOR, often with additional elements of Jazz Fusion, Jazz-Funk or Boogie. Commonly cited as a facet of the prosperous "bubble economy"-era in Japan, City Pop is essentially a "mood" or "lifestyle" genre which appealed to an older and more affluent Japanese audience during the 1980s.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BtzXHaNV8s4
youtube.com/watch?v=bSEmnsDpoh8
youtube.com/watch?v=agC9d2mVHlU
youtube.com/watch?v=aQGvlemqUpE
youtube.com/watch?v=ASMTXdjwWoM
youtube.com/watch?v=zKHOuvdiuPg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Songs by Sugar Babe
Sunshower by Taeko ohnuki
Are two.

I really like Chocolate lips, but only a few tracks from it are online anywhere. Really solid Album.

Never heard of it.
I'll try to track it down somehow.

Here's the few I could find. May not technically be citypop, but if it isn't then I have no idea what this Genre us suppose to sound like.

youtube.com/watch?v=BtzXHaNV8s4

youtube.com/watch?v=bSEmnsDpoh8

Is City Pop basically Japanese New Wave?

Who knows. I use to think this was Citypop but Japan mixes so much jazz into their pop music at random I can't really tell. Gotta love music with Vocorders in them.

youtube.com/watch?v=agC9d2mVHlU

Japanese New Wave is Japanese New Wave.

It's on soulseek faghats, get on it.

No, they were markedly different scenes.

However, a lot of people dipped their feet in both scenes. Several producers (ex: the three YMO members (most specifically, Shigeru Suzuki) were responsible for big movements in both, as well.

The City Pop movement started out first, as well.

Sorry, didn't mean YMO. Meant to say Happy End.

One too many alcohol beverages tonight.

Anyone like Junko Yagami?

youtube.com/watch?v=aQGvlemqUpE

defiantly check sunshower

this is actually kinda interesting enough for those jerkoff microgenre spastics to make a scene around. pretty cool.

I'd rather check it out in a calm manner.

Ok, but I won't like it.

Did someone call me?

I kinda want this album just for the art.

youtube.com/watch?v=ASMTXdjwWoM

the beginning of the end.

Why is this shit so good, friends?

Because it's happy music. This is what people compose when everyone in Japan has a shit ton of money. The entire genre dies in 1992 when the economic bubble burst & everyone lost their jobs.

Shut up, bitch.

City-pop died because it sounded dated as fuck after 1986. There was still happy music after 1992, albeit with different production and different melodies.

youtube.com/watch?v=zKHOuvdiuPg
This is a fucking banger and it came out in 1995. I wish more people would listen to Japanese stuff outside of City-Pop and Baby Metal.

LOVELAND
ISLAND
I LOVE YOUUUU
I LOVE YOUU

>Because it's happy music
This

>MIB II is almost 15 years old

Not really. It depends on the song. Even the album in OP's image has a few sad songs.

I just listened to this a few days ago and I really liked it.

I listened to this too, Is City Pop what this genre is called? I don't know much about Japanese music

>Is City Pop what this genre is called?
yep