My girlfriend...

My girlfriend, who is not well-off financially and had already loaned her mother money on multiple occasions and wasn't paid back, was recently asked by her mother for another financial contribution. She refused, and now her family isn't speaking to her. It sucks and I don't know how to help her handle it. Any advice?

bump

Depends, what country are you from?

USA

What's the problem?

Family like that you dont need in your life, imo.

She's upset that her family isn't talking to her.

family like that aint actually family at all

Every human relationship needs to be give and take. if all her family wants to do is take, then the relationship is toxic and should be ended anyway.

Yeah, not sure what to tell her to make her feel better because my family's amazing, relative to hers.

Give er the d real deep and good, done right she'll forget all about em...

Yeah, feels better hearing it from someone else, I guess I feel a bit guilty because she asked me for advice and I encouraged her to put her foot down. I guess it's just one of those things you have to deal with.

Well tell her she has done the right thing by her family over the years, trying to help. but if she cant spare the money, and they should know that already, they're just taking advantage of her. she mustn't let guilt drive her actions

lol wut

she cute