Writing a novel. Dubs names my protagonist

Writing a novel. Dubs names my protagonist.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolph_Dubs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dave Grohl

>Writing a novel. Dubs names my protagonist.

"Writing a novel. Dubs names my protagonist."

You answered your own problem.

David Davidson

name him Dubs

nigg nigger

Ivana F. Yu

Davidson David

Yes!

DUBS IT MUST BE

Naruto

Can you post a chapter in /lit/ since I won

Dubs Dubleson the most "check em" man in all the a wild West, yeeeeee hawwwww

fast winrar

Kek

No, arseshole. I'm a terrific writer. I'm just not very good at thinking up names for characters, because while I understand that a character's name is important, it doesn't really interest me as a writer. Why was Ishmael called Ishmael? I just want a name that sounds convincing and has some sort of emotional logic to it - to the sound of it - without it having to symbolise anything. You should be more polite, and understand that I'm asking Sup Forums and not /lit/, because that place is an awful cesspool of talentless wankers who will never write anything.

Scroty mcboogerballs

How can you be a terrific writer with so shit reading comprehension?

Hint: you got dubs in OP.

Someone is fond of himself. Suggest you print an A4 copy of your face for masturbation purposes and be gone from here.

OP here. Fuck. That feel when I actually can name him dubs. Not Dubs but Dubbs, as in the surname.
I can't make his first name that, though. But Dubbs is the surname. Holy shit. It was so obvious all along...

I've earned it, kiddo.

Prove it fag

Cihan

Go back to /lit/ and make a post about Pynchon/Foster Wallace and avoid any discussion whatsoever about Jonathan Franzen.

So dodging the topic through an agressive reply with no valid grounds? Sure sounds like you can't prove shit.

How do you pronounce that?

How exactly would you like me to prove exactly what, exactly?

You say you're a terrific writer, and that you've earned your self-adoration. Prove it somehow, however you see fit.

Michael Handsworth, Brian Fellston, Harold Leonards, Jonathan Stevens, William " Willy" Collins, Peter Logue, Harvey McAndrews, no google, not hard you mad cunt.

Garick

Dubs have spoken

I don't adore myself. I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek, a bit ironic. That's something you /lit/ tards don't really get, I've noticed.

(this next part is not to you)

I've got all the important stuff down, but I guess I'm autistic about the name. I want the first sentence to include the name of the character, but I just can't find the name. I know I could just go ahead and write anything and change the name later, but for some reason it feels really important that I have a good name.

Y'know Dubs is valid surname. Name him after grandpa Dubs and get the fuck on with it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolph_Dubs

user, are you a well known writer?
And I'll go for Michael.

All mighty Judas balls

Hey op, what is the book about

No, I'm not well known, or even known. Michael is a good, solid name. At least that's what my father assumed when he gave it to me. So there's that. Appreciate the input, though.

Ah yeah you can't use your own name for the protag. Jamie or Jay then?

Ps . Roll8n for first name to be Orcus

kostas

Me. Meowkins

It's about a guy who's recently gone through a tough divorce and had to find a cheaper place to live, and finds himself in a sort of commune-type arrangement run by an old academic, like an anthropologist let's say. A journalist comes along to do a story on what she thinks is an experimental alt-community and gets involved with protagonist. Together and separately they find out that things are yet more mysterious than either could have imagined, and that the old guy running the show has deeper secrets at work, and is not as benign as he not originally seemed... (conspiracy intensifies)

Eugene Skogsson

Eugene.
Now, my character is Australian, but Eugene is not a bad answer. Give my one good reason I should call my character Eugene.
>inb4 eugene oneill

Hogart Boson

Because dubs say Eugene

Adolf hitler

Hugh G. Recton.

winrar

WINRAR

In the end, he should gas the commune because one of them took his spot at art school.

Konstas Bullingdon
Ryan Bibsworth
Lloyd Steelworthy
Nathan Seacrust
Bahadar McJoe
Shjente Tackleworm

I got dubs m8

IN A ROW

Cranges McBasketball

Dat Boi

Eugene Dubbs
>fuck, really?
Eugene fucking Dubbs. It sounds so retarded to my ears, but I guess it could work. I don't think I've ever met anyone called Eugene, though. And my character was born in 1980 or thereabouts.
If it's not that, it'll be close. Eugene Dubbs. I could get used to it. Thanks Sup Forums! And one more shout out... Sup Forums is more literate than /lit/ any day. Lit is the most autistic board on Sup Forums. There is no board that strays so far from what they're supposed to be about as /lit/. I mean /diy/ are pretty uncoordinated, /fit/ is pretty beta, Sup Forums are pretty smart at what they do, but so defensive... but /lit/ is a shithole... Sup Forums is still where it's at when you want shit sorted.

cumsniffer

Moshe ben Yeshu3a

That sounds pretty heretical to me.

Name the book doubliners get it. Instead of Dubliners. It will be topkek

Fuck yeah I named the character and books with double dubs am on fire

YES

Nathan Dubbs McDubface

rolling for dongus

this

Kek

A plank in reason broke for Eugene Dubs one afternoon in July when he was driving on his own. Things smelled funny, the conversation in his head turned into a shout, the devil showed his face, and the other part of himself that wasn't crazy told him to pull over and park the car before something bad happened.

Paul Dubbs

OP here. I do get it, and I'm a James Joyce fan myself. God, you're a fucking cunt, and I mean that in the most affectionate way.

A space cowboy

DT Jesus,aka Downtown Jesus
A shady man/bum that becomes famous through his music and drug market,you'd introduce him in your book like this - a shady guy comes up to ya and asks you for a quarter,he says : "Hey, man, you got a quarter? You ain't got nothing, that's ok man,
that's ok. God bless you anyway. Here, I hope I didn't scare you or
nothing like that. I ain't bum or nothing. Yeah, I used to live uptown
once, once before too you know. No, no, I did really I did. I used to
come down and look at all the characters. Never thought I'd be one
of them though. Characters, man, a lot of characters. Hey, hey, you
got a minute? Let me tell you a story about this friend of mine.
D.T. Jesus used to stand for Down Town Jesus. He used to sell
drugs and stuff down there, and they called him - that's why we
used to call him DeTox. He was one character, one character that
made it outa here. Let me tell you about him."
And then metal starts playing.

Trans gender