Which professional sport is the easiest for officials to rig? I'm thinking basketball

Which professional sport is the easiest for officials to rig? I'm thinking basketball

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Ln6cZ21heo
youtube.com/watch?v=hD91QpMH5no
youtube.com/watch?v=5fehLYL4CCs
youtube.com/watch?v=5ZQpKAibkEU
youtube.com/channel/UCsIkVwmwjMt65JEe1WFbvjA/videos
thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/18/are-the-nba-finals-rigged.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's actually extremely easy to rig football and baseball games since they're based mostly on plays.

Soccer. Just don't score, lel.

I think you're right

The NBA wanted a feel good story so they let golden state win the regular season record and even the championship last year but then stopped the rigging so the best team would win the finals

Thanks for pointing that out user

The thing with baseball is there are home runs which are for the most part indisputable although yeah shitty tags and safe calls can be condusive to rigging

Steph was fasting

Rugby.

No one knows what the rules are anyway, so the ref can just blow the whistle whenever he feels like it.

Did you guys know that ISIS had really sick tunes? Check this out:
youtube.com/watch?v=3Ln6cZ21heo

Boxing

I said by the official ie referees

Yeah, it would be easy for a ref to end the match citing "Health concerns" for a boxer. Also the Judges can be biased as fuck. I.E. Korean Olympics

Fair point

>Korean Olympics

dear God, I've never actually seen a more rigged event in my life.

rugby is extremely easy to rig

>Boxing, UFC, Figure Skating

Pretty much anything that relies on Judges "Scoring" to determine a winner

Yea, I think so too. Just this playoffs alone you had some sketchy okc spurs games and the whole Draymond thing.

Soccer. Considering how important a single goal is.

That shit crossed the line into just pure comedy territory.

LOL handball by far. Think basketball ref power with tainted rules.

Ref decides how long each attack takes. It can easily be two minutes for one team and half a minute for the other.

He can give a yellow card to a player or two minutes penalty whenever he likes. Yellow card is basically nothing.

He can declare penalty shot or 9m penalty whenever he likes. First one great goal opportunity, 9m means nothing. Just take your ball to the line and continue from there.

Penalties are all completely free for his interpretation. Choking can be penalty plus two minute penaly, or it can not be called.

And finally my favourite. Ref decides when the clock is stopped. For instance, you have tight game, one team is in the lead, and one of it's players goes down. If the ref 'forgets' to signal time stoppage, time will just run on.

Oh, and then there's competition rules. Everyone can play everywhere. We had a player born in Slovenia that played for Yugoslavia, Croatia and finally for us. And then we had one that played for Belarus youth team, then for us, then for Spain, and finally he went back to Belarus. Quatar fielded zero players from Quatar in their shocking run to the finals in the last world championship that was hosted in Quatar. By all account they were still quite shit, but blatant ref favouritism brought them second place.

This
Refs can give a free kick arbitrarily which could win or lose a game

How's basketball easy to rig?

This tbqh lads.
Referees have absolute discretion to award kicks and disallow goals with no oversight or instant replay.
There's a reason the Asian gambling gangs love that shit.

It's boxing, happens all the time and nobody gives a fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=hD91QpMH5no

Control the momentum of the game through foul calls, see game 6 of the finals to watch it in action. refs completely controlled the flow of the game in Clevelands favor

What is and isn't a foul depends on the person with the ball, the time left in the game, and who the ref is. So if a ref wanted a team to cover a spread he could easily just start calling fouls and giving free throws

do you even watch the nba? what part of those last 3 Finals games were rigged?

Two things:

A) t*rkroach detected

B) nice tune, check this
youtube.com/watch?v=5fehLYL4CCs

Nothing wrong there :-)

Basically anything that doesn't have teams.

>the whole Draymond thing

You can only let a guy get away with punching and kicking dudes in the dick for so long.

He shouldn't have wasted his free dick kicks on Steven Adams.

Soccer. As long as a team is adequate enough to get inside the penalty area, all you have to do is call a penalty and give them a free goal. You can also call pretty much anything a red card at any time and make one team play with less players.

t. warrior bandwagon

get lebrons cum out of your eyes faggot if you didnt see what was a blatant fix to make the series go all 7 games

>draymond suspended because cavs lobbying

>curry ejected for a call that shouldnt have been called (ref had terrible angle and thought curry touched lebron)

>that FT disparage between cavs and warriors game 7

and thats just this last finals. if you dont think the NBA plays favorites then you need to watch more NBA instead of peaking at the box scores. namely, 2002

>team goes up 3-1
>loses to warriors
>they just lost

>warriors go up 3-1
>warriors lose
>IT WAS RIGGED

>draymond suspended because cavs lobbying
not the multiple ball shots?

well theres obviously no reasoning or logic with a lebron dickrider

Mate, literally no one besides GS """"fans"""" think it was rigged

It's sad how Cleveland is so desperate for a win they refuse to see how refball - even in their favor - fucks them over too.

why can't both be rigged.

it was fairly obvious the higher up's wanted a warriors/cavs final.
Even if the Raptors made it easy

Apemond was suspended because he had too many flagrants, maybe he should've kept his hands away from other people's nuts

There was definitely contact, Curry hit Lebron's elbow on the second swipe

Not surprising that a chucking meme team gets less free throws than a team that has Lebron and Kyrie attacking the basket every possession

You probably don't even watch basketball faggot

How the fuck did this devolve into an "NBA is rigged" thread without mention of the 2002 Sacramento Kings getting completely SCREWED???

see

kek, this

even the refs don't know what the rules are half the time

scrums and mauls are a joke

NBA didn't have to be as extreme about it this time because the downside risk of GSW winning was nowhere near as severe as the financial cost of SAC winning in 2002.

it's soccer and it's not even close

>Even if the Raptors made it easy
The Raptors took the series to game 6 despite the cavs steamrolling the pistons and the hawks. This meme needs to die.

How can soccer refs manipulate the game easily? I suppose it depends on how one defines "easily," but to me part of manipulating a game easily is doing it without fear of being caught.

In basketball all a ref needs to do is call a foul here or there and it can totally swing the game.

Do the smaller calls in soccer (about possession, mostly) swing the game that dramatically?

Joe Cortez

I like how everyone thinks the refs did it for the Cavs in game 6 when the cavs were screwed by it too. RJ with 3 foulsat half time, Love with 3 fouls in 3 mins, Iman with 3 fouls before the 4th, Forced to play Dahntay fucking Jones for the last quarter. And Curry swiping like a fuck, some fouls were bad yeah but you should play intelligently according to it and not complain like an ass. Curry and Klay were no shows the entire series. Blame that instead.

you get plenty of opportunities in basketball, if a team is better than the other it will prevail, unless the referee makes calls upon calls against one team, at that point it stops being subtle.
in soccer in most cases 1 opportunity is all you get and all you need to win the game. factor in that there's no review system in play and the referee don't have to give any explanation on their calls, it makes it really easy for a ref to make a "mistake" and hand a win to a team

So you're claiming 3 fouls on a non-entity like Love (hell, the Cavs play better with him *out*) is the same as 3 fouls on the league MVP? Please.

gymnastics, figure skating, boxing, handball and water polo

Are you saying that Curry was a better player? Did we see the same series? Cuz all I remember was Curry shooting below 40% most series and letting Irving make him look like a bum. "MVP" of the regular season only and definately not anything like that in this series.

Bogut was a crucial part of the GSW offense. His primary job wasn't scoring, or even rebounding, it was protecting Curry.

With Bogut out of the lineup - a direct result of the "well, we didn't call the more egregious foul against OKC, so that makes it OK to call the much less flagrant one this time" suspension of Green - Cleveland was able to defend Curry completely differently, collapsing the defense around him and preventing him from getting the same space and time he did all regular season.

Add that to the refs calling the games differently than in the season and only someone who watches basketball casually would expect Curry to be able to play the same way.

Curry responded to the pressure poorly, going cold at exactly the wrong time. But anyone who thinks it was simply Curry having a couple of bad games either doesn't know much about ball or just doesn't like Curry.

I'm not saying it was just his fault. He did not deliver as an MVP of the best regular season team ever. Barnes also played like shit. And Bogut being injured has been a problen for most of his career, definately not rigged. Curry gets the most hate since he was people were expecting to lead GSW to a championship and he did unbelievably horrible as a leader. Chucking threes and turnovers that's all of what I saw when Curry was expected to lead instead of making open looks to his teammates. He deserves the hate.

If the ref sets a precedent early on that he's going to lax about giving out cards, he basically gives the defense a free pass to foul and interrupt the flow of the opponent's offense like in the Portugal v Croatia game. It gives the less talented side a much better chance of winning. Plus they can almost always roll back goals on through balls and when a player dives they can call the foul on either side.

Basketball is much easier to rig though because it's kind of like soccer with 10x as many plays in terms of ball movement.

I'd say baseball desu
Pay a pitcher to throw meat balls
Pay batters to swing and miss
Keep scores respectable and nobody knows any better

or just shitty strike zones

Any sport's easy to rig if you get the players in on it. He's asking about officials

Agreed Barnes was worthless. But that Bogut has had injury problems means Bogut's increased playing time because of Green's suspension was even more affected by the NBA's "call whatever makes the series last longer" officiating.

(For the record, when I watched James teabagging Green I immediately thought James was trying to goad Green into a suspension - and, since the NBA gives their special players special treatment, it worked. More reasons I stopped watching basketball.)

I agree that Curry looked wretched - more turnovers than assists? jesus - but so many of those regular season assists were the result of months of getting timing and spacing just right. GSW was a team based on ball movement and timing, not banging in the paint. The drastic Games 5-6-7 lineup changes significantly changed both the timing and spacing, and the difference between an assist and a turnover is often just fractions of a second or fractions of an inch, so I can certainly give Curry (or anyone) some benefit of the doubt.

And since the thread is about officials affecting the outcome of games, I'll say again that officiating in basketball is like compound interest - even small changes, compounded over a game (or a series), can have an enormous impact.

In the case of the NBA, that impact is most of all financial.

1. Basketball
Fouling is literally a strategy because of nonsensical free throw system, so when the whistle is blown 100 times a game it's easy to take away some or throw in a couple dozen extra.

2. Football
According to players, the rules are broken on every single play. So that's basically saying the refs are free to pick and choose when to call them based on whim/under the table deals.

3. Baseball
Rigging ability dropped off quite a bit with replay system, but you still see reviewed stuff called fairly often, but it's not a frequent enough event to be TOO influential. Home plate ref still able to fuck up like there's no tomorrow though.

4. Hockey
2fastpace2furious

>the bandwagon is STILL trying to convince literally ANYONE that their privileged maximum refball team was somehow refballed out of a second championship when it's impossible to argue that they weren't refballed into their first championship and refballed into the Finals

youtube.com/watch?v=5ZQpKAibkEU

Trigger warning for memeiors fans

In all seriousness, what the fuck was Bibby doing on that inbound? That positioning is atrocious.

>Bogut was a crucial part of the GSW offense.
Except he was literally a +/- negative

>Guys I'm telling you the nba works against the warriors

Looks like some Cavs fans don't like anyone questioning the sanctity of their "win."

And people wanted Based Love to be traded

the NBA didn't "choose to suspend green" for finals nutshot - they reviewed the play, saw that there was clearly a nutshot, and gave him a deserved flagrant

he got suspended because that's the rule when you get to however fucking many flagrants he had.

Kicked a guy in the dick

huehuhehue cavs lobbying

Trips Confirmed!

Good grief, even at the time it wasn't obvious it was a nutshot - then taking two days to decide that pushing James off of him (since James had instigated the contact by straddling Green) was somehow more deserving of a suspension than actually kicking Adams in the nuts in the OKC series?

Funny how the "calls" always favor making the NBA more money.

They sure are lucky like that.

I know the 2002 finals were brought up but how has no one posted Tim Donaghy, whistleblower and crooked ass ref.

30 for 30 could do a documentary but it would destroy the NBA because it's all still going on.

Fuck the NBA, it's all rigged.

youtube.com/channel/UCsIkVwmwjMt65JEe1WFbvjA/videos

Wrestling

>Game 7
>Down 3

Put up that lame limp wristed chuckshot

wew

Days before Game 7 Donaghy correctly predicted who all the refs were going to be.

thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/18/are-the-nba-finals-rigged.html

The NBA would have people believe that when Donaghy says the games are fixed you can't believe him because he's a convicted criminal... convicted for fixing NBA games.

prob football. Just call or don't call holding and you can flip a game over.

They could've easily just given him a technical if they wanted.

I mean Lebron stepping over Draymond and putting his entire fucking body over Draymond's head and neck deserved a technical instead of a flagrant?

Consider it a makeup call for not getting suspended when he did it to Adams. They gave Green a lot of chances but he pushed it and kept up with his niggardry.

I didn't care what retroactive rulling the league decided to give Draymond but what Lebron did was way, way more fucking dangerous than what Draymond did to him. They have the power to do anything they fucking want, it's retarded. If GSW wasn't down 1-3 to OKC, they would've suspended Dray's ass.

But the whole idea of "it's a makeup call" is complete bullshit.

Either a call gets made at the time or it doesn't. A fair league doesn't get to keep some running tally of "double secret probation" fouls to use when it wants to manipulate games. (Of course, that's precisely what the NBA does, which is game-rigging, and why we're talking about it.)

It might be bullshit but he absolutely deserved it. He should have considered himself lucky after the first time.

It was reviewed and called a double foul during the game. Lebeta instigated it hard by not just going around him and timing it perfectly as he was getting up. He had to bitch and moan after the game for them go back and review the footage again with a magnifying glass to see Green swipe and hit nothing.

Soccer. Most corrupt sport on the planet and easiest to make money off if you can spot a fix through odd changes

>game tied 89-89 for 3 entire minutes
>no fouls called
>Warriors go 0-5
>IT WAS RIGGEDDDDD

GAY area fans are pathetic

But LeBron is special, so he gets special rules.

>baseball games
When they hit the ball you cannot fucking pinpoint control where its going

>he doesn't know about the magnets

Watch LeBron flop so his ECF opponent gets called for a technical - even though LeBron is hit *by his own teammate*.

Professional wrestling has better officiating...but not acting.

Anything with judges

>NBA is legit, it's not rigged at all, you're a faggot for saying that !

Yeah I remember being 18.

Clearly the refs made them brick all their shots, and made the unanimous MVP get shut down by Kevin Love. I won't be silent. Just saw it live sry.

>unironically believing the NBA is rigged
>calling others 18

iron knee

I think 18 is being charitable.

They only did anything because lebeta complained and the NBA didn't want the series to end in 5 games.

Go to sleep Ayesha

I think my favorite part of this year's finals was not even the actual games, but the assblasted people that came out of it crying "rigged"

They literally are so upset about the Memeiors choking that they have to delude themselves into believing the illuminati boogeyman was against them and made them lose. It's priceless to witness.