>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

a.clyp.it/0zd2bzrq.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=mO_u-EkJZ8E
guitarcenter.com/Vox/amPlug-2-AC30-Guitar-Headphone-Amp.gc
a.clyp.it/uxzmfwts.mp3
youtu.be/3c3ozcECfe4
medford.craigslist.org/msg/5842790533.html
clyp.it/qfe5wbct
clyp.it/42dpmuvi
youtube.com/watch?v=3XDmasbARtE
youtube.com/watch?v=gt9qmyBDB_U
youtube.com/watch?v=biG1leyifiw
youtube.com/watch?v=C3zbCR_Pujg
youtube.com/watch?v=SU71tDrOjfs
youtube.com/watch?v=FyjRoa_Iqww
zacharyguitars.com/Currently_for_Sale.htm
www75.zippyshare.com/v/afa4kh17/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

really good deal for $100. Solid Korean guitars.

Looks like an archtop had a one night affair with a cello and the child was born with severe physical deformities.

I wish I had a cello

im hitting a slump and i know it.

Rate this
a.clyp.it/0zd2bzrq.mp3
How to better EQ & mix it

hey, i really like it
sounds pretty low-fi indie but i dig that stuff

what you mean by low-fi
its intended to be just straight acoustic rocknroll

as in it has a lot of noise and sounds like it was recorded in a garage with p shit equipment
but i really dig it, got a bandcamp or something?

How realistic is learning guitar with only headphones plugged into an amp? I live in a dorm and I really want to learn guitar.

What are you mic'ing with, something dynamic like a 57? There's so much noise in it, you need a better mic, some kind of condenser that will pick up more guitar/vox less background noise

The music itself is pretty nice. Funnily enough it reminds me a bit of Tonetta
youtube.com/watch?v=mO_u-EkJZ8E

haha yeah it reminded me a lot of tonetta
think it's mostly the noise though

>mostly the noise though
It's in the voice too, like Tonetta with some kind of accent

well i thought it was mostly the way the voice was recorded
but yeah it does seem similar now on a couple more listens

I don't see how it'd be different than learning with an amp. You could always get one of these if the amp is a pain in the ass too guitarcenter.com/Vox/amPlug-2-AC30-Guitar-Headphone-Amp.gc

more like tasteless guitars edition

got no bandcamp brah
does this mix sound any better? a.clyp.it/uxzmfwts.mp3
it's a cover song by the way

yeah a cheap sm57 copy
much of the hiss noise was added by the virtual mix rack plugins
dont condensers pick up even more ambience?

that video lol
hadnt seen it before

lol
gonna try to make some nonsense stuff like that

I didn't know those were a thing. Does it sound different than a regular amp?

posted this in the last thread
>guy selling es339 and amp for only $200
>says its only a year old and lightly used
>pictures add up
>send text and an email
>no response

fuck fuck fuck fuck
u
c
k

what do you do when they don't reply? i'm not going to bombard this guy with messages or anything but i don't want a deal to slip through my hands

Condensers pick up more noise.

your high notes on the acoustic are a little too strong

are you trying to sound like Elliott Smith?

Sound decent it seems
youtu.be/3c3ozcECfe4

its sunday, maybe the guy is out or something.

What would be better, a Fender Classic 60s laquer, or a Squire Vintage Modified with an upgraded bridge and Seymour Duncan Bridge?
I wanna play more alternative music on the lines of Sonic Youth.

dont worry much about it
deals come and go
if you dont get this one, you might get a better one in the future

Dear Sup Forums slash mu,

For once in my life can I talk to some fellow musician about the art of playing an instrument rather than jerking off to gear? Gear has ZERO relevance to my life. I have all I need. You have all you need. Let's play some music and share ideas.

Or we can just talk about gear all day all week all year because it's helping us improve our professional game and accomplish great things that actual information and ideas about playing the gear could never do.

No

What a cool guy

if he posted his specific address on craigslist, go to his house and pound on the door with money in your hands.

60s lacquer obviously

>doesn't want to talk about gear
>posts about gear

>HURR DUN WANNA DISCUSS GEAR ON BASED /GEARGENERAL
delete urself my man

No

No

Musicians that suck prefer to talk about gear than performance. I'm sorry for your loss.

Is this any good? Can't find anything about the guitar. medford.craigslist.org/msg/5842790533.html

Alright... Let me get this straight.

Is this just a thread for people that have no musical experience at all looking for their first guitar to see if they want to desiccate themselves to some art or is it just people that are retarded and don't know what they're doing and need their hand held?

something like that with shitposting in between
you can leave now

>not wanting to talk about gear

I like black sabbath
u?

Do you really expect a thread for guitarist to have a collective IQ higher than room temperature?

i like everything excep country and rap

i like rap and country too

no just tried to sound halfway listenable
didnt know that guy. he sings very softly, i didnt see similarities

maybe its because the mic was closer to the high notes of the scale
i recorded with the dynamic mic pointing to the guitar's hole and really, really close to it. is it a good way? it got a strong mud around 150hz i had to cut

no just tried to sound halfway listenable
didnt know that guy. he sings very softly, i didnt see similarities

>look at craigslist again just now
>see the ad in the search results
>oct 9
>its november 13

probably sold it and didn't take the ad down like most fags

how am i supposed to play a $400 guitar for only $200 now?

>Let's play some music and share ideas
Sure

Lately I've been messing with improvising over simple scale/mode changes. This one just goes between C Phrygian and C Phrygian Dominant (or you could think of it as F Minor to F Harmonic Minor). The basic backing chords are Bbmin9 to C

clyp.it/qfe5wbct
>backing by itself

clyp.it/42dpmuvi
>my take on it

Excuse the mistakes.
It'd be cool to hear someone else play along to that

Sure, bud. What did you have in mind?

Also I might be interpreting something about this slightly wrong. The difference between the scales is just E flat vs. E natural. And sometimes the E flat sounds off against the Bbmin9, but not always. Maybe it just sounds odd when you highlight that note against the Bbmin9 rather than just playing it in a passing run

That might have something to do with it being the fourth, since the fourth clashes with the third it's an avoid note unless used for transitioning

Lemme try improvising over your backing track.

There is a jazz and blues jam session today in my hometown. I think I might as well go today with my guitar to see how good are the other musicians and then go next week if I feel comfortable.

Have you guys gone before to open jam sessions?

Sure budy, I'm up for that. I have recorded several blues and even some jazz, you guys could play over it.

i made a thread about this and got no replies
I've recently picked up guitar and i'm looking for some indie songs (or less known songs) to claim my own when i play them to people
Will you guys help me with my epic ruse?

hey dude could you enable downloads on the backing track?

I started out playing metal like 13 years ago. Now i play in 3 hip hop groups. Is that weird? shit like tupac, not limp bizkit or ratm. Im the only white guy in any of these groups. Im more challenged than i ever was before, and i literally play whatever i want. Its the best creative outlet ive ever had. And most of the guys i play with are more technically impressive than most of the metal players i was ever with, and they have much better feel for the music. Its more energetic too. And i never jammed with sax or viloin players before, which is an incredible dynamic.

How strange is that?

Learn bob dylan songs that no one knows. Then you can pull off the same thing he did

I play keys in a blues jam sometimes. One key is restraint--it's better to play too little than too much. Take your time, pause and wait if you have to to get a feel for the groove, and lock in. One advantage you have on guitar is that if all else fails you can always just strum and it'll almost never interrupt anything.

Where do you find open jam sessions? I didn't know that was a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=3XDmasbARtE

check out local shops that sell music gear and there is usually shit people post up looking for band members or to just jam

youtube.com/watch?v=gt9qmyBDB_U

Who are some of your favorite guitarists?

Johnny Smith, really underrated among guitar players for some reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=biG1leyifiw

I'm looking to get a better sounding bass, my current one is a cheapo $250 Washburn model. Is replacing the pickups with EMGs or Semour Duncans worth it, or would I just be trying to polish a turd at that point?
Pic related

Lately I've seen a myriad of super good deals on CL that only net me replies from spam/phishing bots.

Check your unwanted e-mail.

Ace Frehley

youtube.com/watch?v=C3zbCR_Pujg

i hope its not a scam

i don't think it is though, as the seller also put down an address. i sent him an email but still no response, maybe because its sunday

i think ill send one more text tomorrow and if i don't have luck, i'll give it up

John Squire of the Stone Roses.

His career hiatus hurt his status, but he's a phenominal guitarist who is easily up their with other British greats imo. youtube.com/watch?v=SU71tDrOjfs Listen to that solo at 3:40

Honourable mention to Johnny Marr because he's just a dude

well ask yourself: are the pickups the thing i hate most about my current bass or is it something else?

>start listening to BB King again
>hey, he plays really slow and raw, I bet I could get some of his stuff by ear
>realize I can't

I wish I could pull off high heels

It was the 70s man.

>tfw not the 70s
>tfw everyone mocks your big curly hair and rockin' sideburns or at least you think they do
Kill me.

we can't all be slow pentatonic playing blues gods user

Keep working at it an you'll get there man

It's a skill just like anything else, keep trying and eventually you'll get good at it
Who cares what they think, enjoy your life

People who aren't assholes will take the time to understand you

FUCK MAN
THIS MAKES MY DICK HARD

Are the nzbros okay? Tsunamis and a 7.5 quake in that part of the world.

>tfw you can get in the general area but can't pin anything down

I haven't actually really put much time into training my ear though.

Top 2 are perennials in my order, left to right, Chris Cheney and Brian Setzer.

Below is Brian Baker from Bad Religion, who's been skyrocketing to the top 3 of my list lately.

Go to an artsy college like me
the girls love it xDD

BOARD POSTING

NOW

Duane Denison is probably the coolest slide player in the last 20 years

I dunno about those high heeled shoes but big fluffy sideburns are long overdue for a comeback. Get in on that now and be ahead of the trend! Cutting edge.

I think right now I'll rate Glenn Tipton as my favorite. So fun thing I heard is solo albums were recently rereleased.
But I'll completely admit that KK Downing between them has still been able to maintain his playing chops. Glenn's still a fiery sound in their recent tours, but even he admits if it wasn't for Faulkner, Priest would've stopped altogether when KK left.

Ichiro Agata is my mythical master.

youtube.com/watch?v=FyjRoa_Iqww

Nice pick my man.

How to focus on practicing?

dude holy shit I just discovered melt banana earlier today and I'm in love with them

is there a crazier feeling than when you see something right after totally getting into it?

>is there a crazier feeling than when you see something right after totally getting into it?

seeing them live

I've seen 'em 7 times now, two this year.

I'm in Arizona whats the closest I should hope to see them in the future?

Also, I've been learning guitar for a few months now. How can I start picking up on Agata's colorful guitar style?

I asked Agata about that when they came, they're touring Europe next month so probably a year or two, give or take. They just released a slipt with Napalm Death and we're due another EP, from experience. They played Arizona with Lightning Bolt in 2015, I wish I coulda gone man but the 8 hour drive ridiculous. (SD)

He plays E open tuning, I'm not sure if major or minor honestly. For early Melt-Banana you absolutely need a slide, not so much for new stuff. He uses multiple delays for stutters, and his Whammy is pretty much always on. He also uses lots of filters but I've no experience or knowledge on those. Oh and his guitar is modded with a killswitch.

Here lad, sweet Reverb sticker

Thanks man

I'm definitely gonna look more into his style, not to emulate it myself, but having fun with guitar so far I imagine it'd be really cool to find out how guitarists you like do it.

And that's cool they've been in Arizona just a year ago, I really hope I can see them sometime.

I'm with you on this one and I wish more people appreciated him. He's good at acoustic, good at electric, good at rhythm, and good at lead. What more can you ask for in a guitarist?

Takeshi Tereuchi, John Dwyer and Dick Dale

Are you badass enough to have the privilege of buying a zachary guitar?

What the fuck? what do they look like?

zacharyguitars.com/Currently_for_Sale.htm

My bad, I had to leave soon after posting that.

clyp.it only allows downloads if you make an account which kind of negates the whole anonymous upload thing, so here's a zippyshare link:
www75.zippyshare.com/v/afa4kh17/file.html

Holy shit those are ugly

>this is real autism