It's a great day Sup Forums I finished my collection of Serbian oak wood finger boxes...

It's a great day Sup Forums I finished my collection of Serbian oak wood finger boxes. The last one I had to barter with this gypsy for like 3 days in this small remote Ukrainian village.

Other urls found in this thread:

tarašfingrboks.rs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WTF is this shit ?

That's fantastic stuff OP. How are you finding the finish on the wood? Ukrainian finger boxes are widely renowned for their quality, they should last you years

LOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL SO FUNNNNEHHHH

SOOOOOO FUNNNEHHHH

BCUZ FINGABOXS IS NOT REEEEEEEEELLLLL

LOOOOOOOL WE IS A NONIMOUS PWNTING TEH NOOOOBFAGGS LOOOOOOOOOL

yeah, this was never funny. go die in a fire

did you get any history on those boxes? how did they end up in ukraine?

you're making me want to start my collection up again OP, I should still have some of my own plastic ones knocking around the house somewhere

It is of the highest quality my friend. I believe with proper upkeep I can have them last generation's. Hopefully my grandchildren can use them.

Richfag!

noob fag doesnt have a fingerbox and is jelly as fuck

>Serbian

The Serbian finger boxes are way overrated IMO. I actually prefer the newer Mecodian Pine finger boxes.

I know they say opinions are like assholes and everything.. but man I can't help but feel like you have shit taste.

The Gypsy lady told me she traded for them a while back. It cost me roughly $8000. But I would have gladly paid double for this kind of craftsmanship.

Interesting.

I want a Sami fingerbox from northern Sweden and Finland myself but they're very rare and expensive.

They're made from the core section of old (200+ years at least) native pine trees of the area that grow really slow and gets very hard wood due to the harsh climate, and finished with the highest quality linseed oil.

wut r an fingurbawckxs? xD

Oh, and I forgot they use the base of a raindeer's horn as a ring around the hole!

Wtf are finger boxes

wow is it already summer

That is some high quality stuff friend. You would have to have a nice display case to go along with that beauty.

fuck off

Nice OP,

I just got a custom handmade Eastern Birch!

Wow! Is it a 1945 model??

how do you use it?

I have a few Albanian ones which are cheap shit, the one I got from Georgia is pretty nice though - its a combination of mahogany and oak, fucking good craftsmanship. Are Ukranian ones generally all high quality - I have never seen them on ebay or the usual trade sites?

>finger
>box
have a guess

Enjoy your fingerbox thread, guys. This is how things will go:
>the exact same 6-8 pictures of boxes with holes in them that are always posted will be posted
>A bunch of you will all act like stupid shitheads pretending these are real.
>Other people will try to ruin the party by posting up the articles showing that this is a shit tier trolling thing, because this is the way people are.
>some people will get pissed about this
>others will try to claim that the countertrolls are the newfags
>some will claim that fingerbox threads aren't about trolling anymore but trolling the trolls
>A couple of people will say "whats a fingerbox" and be descended on in force, only to turn out to be trolls
>within 15 minutes it will devolve into shit flinging
>everybody will be pissed off or laughing at unfunny jokes.

so what? You put your finger in it, and then what?

kys

I haven't bought a fingerbox from that area in a long time. Yugoslavian ones were the best, it saddens me that it fell apart since I really love my Y37 model, the one with Tito's head on the top.

Its almost impossible to find them online. That's why I had to go to this specific village. I heard from the rumor mill of a gypsy selling finger boxes. So I made my way there. She was not going to part with it at first. But finally after 3 days we came to an agreement.

Is it just me? or do other fingerbox owners have a special appreciation for the song, Dick in a Box?

I am gunna be putting my Tito box on eBay next week, keep your eyes out for it. Reserve will be fairly low around $250 or so.

Im pretty sure thats a dead guys rigor mortis dick. Just look at the walls, that pic was definitely taken in a morgue

>reverse image search
>OP is still a fag

Have you guys heard the rumours of the ivory ones from the african colonies? Supposedly they found a pair in the attic of an old widow in England.

summers out in full force lads

No way, I thought it was only a myth..... I need to get my hands on one.

Have you had them verified? No offense, but they could be faked...

Good luck, bro, they're speculating the starting auction price will be like 750k if they're legit.

You're just mad that you haven't got a finger box.

I had my expert take a look when I got back stateside. He confirmed they are legitimate. One is at least 134 years old.

Damn, well it's worth it. I'll gladly pay that with my inheritance. Any idea when they will start selling them?

Very cool bro an idiot posts the knowyourmeme page of this shit yesterday and now newfags flood Sup Forums with this shit i mean holy fuck its the seventh thread about this today

Dude, gypsy fucked you over, that's not oak, it's obviously some kind of softwood, like fir..

Some time this autumn, I believe. They're still waiting for the tests to be verified by another team.

It'll be held at that famous London place.

I don't think so, bro. This is not my first time trading with a gypsy. I pride myself on my knowledge of finger boxes. I even have the Wu Tung edition made of bamboo. Only 10 were ever made. I own 4 of them.

Get with the times young faggot....we've gone digital!

Impressive op, may I ask if that one in the bottom left corner is an exclusive T-38 model?

Do you guys know of any boxes with carvings like this (or other motives)? All I seem to be able to find are plain flat boxes.

Eh, I prefer non-digital, they have a more 'real' and 'warmer' feel.

T-1000 actually my friend

I remember when I was a child my grandpa had one of those hand carved finger boxes. I wonder what happened with it.

Do they come with killer bees carvings?

It's summer

Wow, fuckin newfags galore

Really miss my old fbox, gave it away to a friend and still regret it years later

Ah, what you've got their is a Bosnian engraved fingerbox. I have a few myself. They are a bit overrated if you ask me.

You could find the El Dorado editions from like 1963. It has carvings etched into the side. They go for like $14,000 I believe.

The best boxes to play with.....aside from Boxy's box that is

Thanks. Isn't there ones with wolf carvings on them from Turkey too?

My grandfather keeps an old Serbian figerbox in his bedroom, it was also made from Serbian oak wood.

They made it from the oaktrees that grew next to the Tisza river in Vojvodina. My grandmother still collects them and even has some rare Hawaiian palm tree ones.

Yes there are, cedar finish. Beautiful and you can find a good quality one for around $75. Very very underrated legendary craftsmanship.

Hi my name is boxxxxxxxy

Very nice collection and all, but this thread is about finger boxes not lemarchand boxes

very nice patterns. what material are they made of?

OP here, would she be willing to sell or barter with me for one. I am in need of Honolulu tiki edition.

Can confirm. Bought one last year, thought it was gunna be cheap shit at that price but had heard good things so thought it was worth a punt... its as good as some of my more expensive ones. Really high levels of crastsmanship and when you use it it feels kinda special; absolutley does NOT feel mass-manufactured. Really impressed. For the money every collection should have one.

sweet, i'm going there next year for a month and will be traveling all over the country, hopefully i can find one.

Excuse me fellas but I had purchased what I assumed to be a late 70's era birch Indonesian model. I have inspected it further and I found that it does not include the official fingerbox
Stamp of approval. Any info on its make and model?
Pic related

I hope you didnt pay more than $10 for it... sorry mate, thats a Chinese replica. You can tell by the joins, they are glued.

I might conscider doing that. I even think my grandmother has some doubles, since some fingerboxes were bought in pairs. Anyway you can check out this little website I made on the collection we have: tarašfingrboks.rs

I heard you can find quality finger boxes in eastern Serbia really cheap.

Sadly pal I had spent $125 on it, I plan to sell an assortment of my other boxes in hopes to make my money back.

Ahhh yes, that is actually from Mexico. They mass produce them and sell them as knock offs..... It's very cheap wood from the Mexican elder tree..... sorry.....

At least you didnt pay silly money. Keep it, put in in the collection - at least you will have a story behind it.

you must be new here. the hole for the finger is facing down, this way the boxes dont get damaged over time.

Found my Red Jackson model from Alabama.

>367▶
>File: 1460664250660.png (7 KB, 558x493)
fuck you lol

I've actually come to be quite fond of it. I think I might take it to the shop in a few days and see if they could apply a varnish and repair the joins. It will probably be fairly cheap due to the boxes low quality.

That would give it a nice touch. Have you used it much?

I've only tested it so far, however it seems the previous owner may have used it too much. There is visible damage on it that could only have been caused from extreme over use.

wat finger box do?????

pfft, fucking newfags

haha

Oh shit, nostalgia overload! That's the same kit we had at our school for penis inspection day.
Did you grew up in Florida OP?

Can anyone tell me more about this cold war era fingerbox? All I know is that it's from a US army base.

im so jealous right now. I had quite a collection myself not too long ago, but my wife got sick of me spending too much time with them. Made me sell them.. Bitch.

Wow the Finnish on this box was done by a professional truly a master piece for its time

this is my beauty