youtube.com/watch?v=9V1HJ27Sz5U

qgood pick im drinkin as well

Accidentally listened to some Japgaze and almost vomited lads

Never thought I'd see Superdrag in a shugazi thread
There more power pop than shoegaze for the most part, but they're still great

lol

Is there any angsty shoegaze?

he's back, folks

I'm sure there is, but part of the reason I like shoegaze is that it's usually not very angsty and is more resigned and melancholy. If I want angsty I'll just listen to noisy punk

Saw dälek tonight. They peformed Ever Somber. :D

Pretty legit.

Anybody got any good reads on shugazi history?

Just took a giant smelly Japgaze

Japgaze = Worst Shoegaze

I will end up buying it

lel

Still waiting for the DL link.

Burrrn - Blaze Down His Way Like the Space Show [mp3, 320]
>shoegaze, Japanese
DL: mega.nz/#F!ud8iXZaT!bOlxX9zLDE6SQ0Zz9byzRg
Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=SRgAAAcN8dQ

anybody here listen to O'Brother?
saw them open for Dillinger Escape Plan, i thought it was pretty dope stuff even though the lyrics can get a little samey

what are some good JAMC ripoff bands?

pic related

Where can you even buy this? I had a look and some site was selling it for something ridiculous like $45

has there been a vaporwave and shoegaze album?

The Depreciation Guild - In Her Gentle Jaws [mp3, 320]
>electronic shoegaze, chiptune, synth-pop, indie rock
DL: mega.nz/#F!nQkinB5L!vvP_Thq-AplYNBBe-682kg
Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=f1qH1g2Nsew

nice dude
bumpin for this or some good documentaries
pls no

any blissbeat man in?

youtube.com/watch?v=Sda-3rIPrYs

This album is up there with V:D:C for sure.

I like it more than V:D:C, the glitchy percussion really gets me.

>shoegaze, chiptune

what?

am I wrong or a digital version doesn't exist?

surf

go listen to it bitch

Repostan

mega.nz/#F!hAcjBKiD!nshFvCA8bOxjA2vcl6Gulw

All zipped up and pretty

Hey so what feelings does shoegaze best communicate?
Cause idk if this happy shit is the best

surfing

It feels like one of those old skool Windows Media Player visualizers (with threads of light) in your head.

I feel like shoegaze is usually overly romantic in tone in that lots of it consists of pushing rather commonplace feelings like melancholy, happiness, or young love into these large, overblown expressions
It's almost exaggeratedly dramatic in a way but that's also kinda the appeal for a lot of people

A few requests:

Is there some shoegaze that incorporates downtempo or (even better) house/techno beats? I know there are a couple of trip-hop fusion ones but I'm looking for something more atmospheric.
Also looking for some shoegaze or dream pop that's very dense and hazy but not really noisy (think Tim Hecker, Jefre Cantu Ledesma, that ballpark) but also still has drums, bass, and some semblance of structure to the songs. The only thing I've found so far is Belong's Common Era, which I love.

Here's an excellent album I've never seen discussed, thought I'd share it
You'll Never Get To Heaven - s/t
>ambient dream pop, tape music, downtempo
mega.nz/#F!69k2xSQR!DxLcaZi2ivd82KbkJIkJEw
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ws4sXq4S2s&list=PLHt4PUfqqU5WyGJQgi5QpXss1sQ0Dl_t8

Check out Pyramids s/t, a lot of people hate it but it's one of my personal favorites, really swirling and thick soundscapes with blast beats underneath.
If you don't mind some (buried) screaming Cold Body Radiation has a very filled-out mix with some upbeat drumming and rhythms.

You might dig some Ulrich Schnauss: youtube.com/watch?v=coFLwpo8Ifo

He has gazier stuff on the same album too.

like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=zMf6v5JDpP4

I've ha Pyramids downloaded forever but never listened to it, thanks
This is killer, I'm amazed I've never heard of this
This remidns me of Love Spirals Downwards (who are great), I'll check this one out too

yeah where

Spectres
they also kind of remind me of sonic youth too tho

otakurepublic.com/product/product_page_77203.html

andrewyounker.bandcamp.com/album/brainchild

i just released this dream pop/shoegaze ep thing do you guys dig? also if self promotion is frowned upon ill leave and never come back i apologize.

it says it's out of stock dum nigga

>good documentaries

Well there's Beautiful Noise, I don't know of any others.

hey everyone I really like shoegaze but I find most of the best albums are very slow, sometimes sad. do you have any recommendations for some upbeat, fun, wall of sound stuff

thanks in advance

how come english bands were never able to tastefully mix upbeat rock music with shoegaze like this does? swervedriver is so fucking shit it's not even funny

listen to Luminous Orange's Drop You Vivid Colours

Alright, Ulrich Schnauss's "Goodbye" was one of the best things I've heard in a while. The synth driven nature of it reminded me of early God Is An Astronaut (I know US came first but that was what came to mind), but more atmospheric. The beats and drum work was a very nice touch, gave it an unorthodox feel without being overtly "electronic" sounding. The lush sound of everything and the beautiful chord progressions were the best part.

not if you buy it used

Yeah I honestly never understood the hype behind Swervedriver
Japanese stuff's a good example, as there's honestly very little stuff that's pure shoegaze, per se
Most of the stuff that gets frequently tossed around here is always some kind of hybrid with another genre, be it metal, alt rock, noise rock, or Shibuya-kei

fuckin love this band, m8. good lesser known track too.

The Souvlaki documentary's great youtube.com/watch?v=Sjr6esFXJl4

Hot damn did cheatahs release a new ep?

More like Boris's Farewell exist?

Luminous Orange - Drop You Vivid Colors
>Japanese shoegaze

[320] mega.nz/#F!8IBWxTQS!svMWkSwdrL3y6PrtOxPzSQ

Mikgazer is pretty jolly for most of it's duration, if the vocaloid doesn't turn you off make sure to try it.
youtube.com/watch?v=5ieA_MIt-IE

give me good blackgaze songs

Good stuff user, I dig it

lantlôs - these nights were ours

thanks, I'll check them out

I like it, thanks!

not bad dude. if I were you, I would try to work on one big refined project instead of making several EPs a year but that's just me. Keep it up.

Pretty sure the one in the OP was from a while ago.

thanks for the advice and the listen! Ive made one big LP before but its just hard to get people to listen to so many tracks by someone they havent heard about before, but i really believe in the full length LP.

100%. All I Need by MBV is constantly going through my head when I'm out on the water.

I'm actually working on a house-gaze album, if I ever finish it I'll share it here

finish it 4 us

jesus, never knew slowdive had it so rough back in the day.
they probably wouldn't have been as good otherwise, but still kinda hoped otherwise watching this

Underrated: Own A Car
Overrated: Overnight
Actual Best: Golden Stair

This album kind of suffers from the times they try to add variety to their sound, like in dinah

please

holy shit, I'm from Knoxville and I've never heard them before, I am loving this

I remember seeing the cover to an album that I'm pretty sure was shoegaze. It had a white background with two black shoes. Could someone ID?

For guitarists: What's the key to your favorite shugazi tone?

Airs - Adore

hearing damage

I love this album a lot but I honestly can't differentiate between tracks. I don't mean that in a negative way but yeah.

ty

Fuzz + scooped mids

Yamaha SPX90 into a distorted tube amp, or clean for the glide guitar tones, Boss CE-2 for the dream pop Cocteau Twins sound. The Big Muff Russian is great for shoegaze fuzz.

This. It got super monotonous and I could only bring myself to listen to it once in its entirety.

all the sounds 2 nice mann

What I'm working with is: mids focused guitar tone, fuzz, delay, reverb, chorus, harmonizer set to "detune", and other fun effects for extra texture (Slow-motion pedal, bass synth, wah, tremelo, pitch shifter, ring modulator) just fuck my tone up.

agreed

bump

Can anyone post a link to this album? Please

bump

Thank you for introducing me to this band

Lush are packing it in again

"It’s been a fantastic year for Lush. We received an incredible reception to our Blind Spot EP and the three beautiful career-spanning 4AD releases, sold out two Roundhouse shows, toured North America with great success and had a ball at our European festival appearances. It’s been wonderful to revisit our old music and to create new material.

However, it is now time for us to return to our families and homes, and bring our time together as a band to a close. We offer heartfelt thanks to all our fans – this reunion would never have happened without your overwhelming support and dedication.

We would like to take this opportunity to announce that, for our last-ever performance at Manchester Academy on November 25th, Emma, Miki and Justin will be joined by former 4AD label mate Michael Conroy, bass player for Modern English. As with Justin’s involvement, Michael playing with Lush has a special significance for us as he was a very close friend of Chris’s."

fuck i didn't get to see them

desu blind spot is their best release

Again? As in, they've done this before?

new SIANspheric is great

Fuck, I thought Blind Spot would be hinting at a full LP
At least we've still got new Slowdive and Ride on the horizon, right lads?

Breaking up?
Yeah they did

The note bending and riffs and sheets of noise make for a cool sound I guess, but maybe not always for exciting music