Why is the 110V plug superior?

Why is the 110V plug superior?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UEfP1OKKz_Q
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/patriotic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not.

230 V is obviously better because it's a bigger number

I have those. That must mean they are indeed superior.

I heard the earth is week and it looks like you can touch the metal parts when the electric loop is closed

There are 47 weeks in a year though

because safer

Yes

wat. not sure what you mean

You need to have the rubber coating like the brits plugs have

It isn't, nor is it safer. This is one of the few thing I absolutely hated when I went back home for vacation.

It's very unsafe compared to the EU plug, but the most annoying part of it all is the fact that those fucking prongs always needs to be adjusted. Holy fuck man, some are too close together and some too far apart that it won't even fit, I never noticed back then how common it was to adjust the prongs so that it actually fits.

Worst part is that there were some devices that refused to even stay plugged, like they would legit fall tf out - because it never really "clicked" it was just sort of in there.

BLACKED.jpg

This is unironically an argument I've heard Brits use
>230V is better because 110V isn't powerful enough

5-15p is okay i guess. Better than the stupid bong plug with the fuse but i like schoko plugs the best.
The pins don’t bend.

I second that

All other plug designs look fucking retarded

>the legionary position is superior because that's the only thing I know
Did you ever use any other kind of plugs ?

>110V

Cowgirl is the best, you get her face and tits at hand and she does all the work

It's not necessarily, it's just simple to use and cheap to install and has been in use since at least the 1920s, hence why it's ubiquitous in North America.

Sturdy and manly as fuck. If you stand on one though...

same
These need to be universal NOW

This is the master race plug hands down. Sturdy enough, grounded, won't shock you if you touch the pins while inserting it like a retard, compact so you can have extensions with an assload of sockets.

Sup Forums ate my image

This is an obvious bait thread, but I'll answer anyway with the hope that I can educate some of you dumb third-worlders. if not, perhaps you can pick up some of my impeccable English skills and get fucking literate.

Based on the resistance of human skin, if you touch a 110V live wire (and don't stupidly have your hand positioned in such a way that when your muscles tense you grab it) you will nearly always live because the current through your body will won't exceed 0.1A. This is excluding the possibility that your skin is damp, because if you touch a plug with wet hands, you're a moron who cannot be saved by the white man's engineering.

This voltage safeguard of course does not apply to 240V, and while it's true that 240V is more powerful, I'd rather have transformers in my large appliances than risk death by electrocution if my toaster is faulty.

No, you don't need that plastic/rubber shit going down the pins. The American plug has its ground contact longest, so that even if you're a dumb Brazilian monkey who touches the pins while inserting the plug you won't get electrocuted. This is because the ground pin makes contact first so the path of least resistance is always through the appliance, not your clumsy chimpanzee hands.

No matter how hard you Britbongs try, you won't be able to save your precious third-world immigrants from electrocution. The American electrical standard is cost-effective, efficient, and better in every way.

Anyone who manages to kill themself with an American plug deserves to die.

>hurr durr it's dangerous to adjust the electrical contacts on an unpowered device
classic eastern european, how about you learn how electricity works

>110V is superior because if you touch a live wire you live

>everywhere in the world the main power supply is 220V
>except in the united states of america (god bless) where it is 110V
Just how special snowflake can you be?

Why are you asking a loaded question?

>be fat fuck american
>try to recharge your scooter
>shit plug fall off every 5 seconds
>try to adjust the pins
>hook the plug back in the outlet
>the flimsy piece of copper breaks
>try to pull the plug
>the other rusty pin sparks
>thin wall catches fire

Schuko represent.

Yeah well if our tech is so shit how come we own all of you

You really don't need much current going through your heart to stop it pumping. You're not likely to die from touching 230V AC momentarily either, just as you said it'll be more dangerous when your muscles contract so that you can't release your grip on the wire or whatever and/or your resistance is lowered. What's especially dangerous is the alternative current and its frequency of 50-60Hz. Drawing an arbitrary line where you deserve to die because your hand happens to have been positioned in a way where during electrocution you can't release grip of the live object is the most retarded safety thinking ever.

Many electrical engineers do think that the US should have gone for 230V and better designed plugs originally. The fact of the matter is that changing the standards would be prohibitively expensive and not worth it, given that the downsides of 110V for the average joe is slower water kettles mainly

Why didn't we standardize outlets and its voltage?

it really doesn't matter that much at all. definitely not worth changing the standards. how quickly water boils depends on power. so in theory should make a big difference. in practice a 2000W device boils water pretty quick so it is not that important really.

Also in Japan and a few other places.

>definitely not worth changing the standards.
This. However flawed it might be, it's the standard all across North America and has been for a century and works well enough. Circlejerking about it does nothing.

/thread

Japan uses 100V.

1mA is enough to kill you if it rubs through your heart

>implying having twice the v makes it better

educate yourself street shitter.

Doesn't a higher voltage make it more dangerous?

Yes and no. Electric Current is more dangerous. Less than 0.5 mA doesn't harm you

youtu.be/UEfP1OKKz_Q

British plug is best and most manly plug tbqh. All these limp and floppy plugs around the world can't compete.

All plugs are shit apart from ours

>paytriotic

If he was so patriotic why is he pronouncing words like a yank?

Doggy is the best one, you can also drink beer and browse Sup Forums.

How do you pronounce it? "patt-reeott"? Fuck off frenchy

pat, as in cow pat, riotic.

Learn how to speak English Rasheed

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/patriotic

no one pronounces it like that

Yes they do