/survey/

/survey/
How is job searching going? Do you have much luck with online job searching or do you incorporate the good ole' hand in the CV and hope for the best method?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/Xh5YcnT
imgur.com/gallery/XR1V2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There are no jobs. Period. Send out all the resumes you want. There are no jobs.

Having no luck whatsoever

Going horribly.

Wow, what sector do you work in man?
Interesting you say that, whats your industry?
Whats your industry?
Awesome! I guess thats a perk of being bilingual

thats honestly not that impressive for various reasons but if you know how to speak the language you can use that job as a stepping stone to living there with a better job.

That said just got a new job last monday, shit is so fucking nice considering it's not a shite company and treats their employees(at least the location of the company I work at) like humans it's fucking weird.
Best advice I can give is if you have no work experience you're either stuck with the shit tier retail/fast food(which depending on where you live isn't so shit tier, looking at you new york)/manual labor jobs or use nepotism to get a decent job. No seriously I know who I am talking to but that is literally one of the only ways a lot of people get jobs.

I work finding people jobs.

Write a cover letter tailored to each job you apply to, it shouldn't be more than 2-3 sentences.

If you are doing face to face intros to hand in your CV (resume) always ask for the manager and let them know your name and the position you are applying for when you hand it over
Dress smart for this

For online applications just keep going at them and improving your answers and experience.

In any job relay use some words from the job role to describe yourself, either at submission online face to face it via email.

Be clean
Use eye contact
Don't be a fag

I've never had any luck at all. I give them my number and email and I don't get anything. But, at those times I didn't care because I was still in school and didn't want to work for the shitty managers that were nearby anyways.

This time I applied to Hot Topic and I'm gonna call about it -- which is probably what the other managers were expecting anyways (or maybe I'm just too privileged and they would rather hire black/NotWhite women). I've gotten part-time jobs in person though.

But I'm an asshole how do I get people to hire me. Also I have a worthless degree which no one cares about.

If you're still here, how many of those you help finding jobs actually find jobs?

You sound like a girl... can I just ask, are you hot? And if so, do you think it has influenced wether you got the job or not?

Managed to find a job a few months ago making websites. Didn't know how to do anything at first, then I started teaching myself for a month and sent out an application to every place I could. Got a call from some media agency to recreate a sample website for them to see if I make the cut. A guy from the company called me back a day later and told me I was hired and to just come in.

The pay is kinda shit though, hoping to move companies once I build my portfolio and get more skilled.

Learn to smile look people in the eye and shake thier hand and literally say

'My names user, I'd like to apply for the position for a x warehouse douche x I am punctual organised and keen(three words from job description) and think I would be useful and enjoy it here.

Don't use that as your strong point then forget ur degree and talk about people skills / ability to learn quickly / get on with people / computer skills etc

About 100 in 3 years one on one

Well clearly I'm fucked. Thanks for the advice

Not that hard. Practice is key. Apply to a couple of jobs u don't want doing that first. Get your pitch ready for jobs you do like.

Employers like assertive behaviour

Out of an estimated how many? 350 maybe?

>Apply to a couple of jobs u don't want doing that first
I do, I can't actually find positions I like, it's just that they either do not call me for an interview or I fuck up badly if I get one.

Probs man, bit more. Working with a lot of people with health mental health and situational barriers and helping them get thier life sorted and act together, worse than OP can find work with a bit of confidence and self value

Listen here you were close to realizing one of the major secrets to job hunting. that being call them.
Seriously you have no clue how much that alone will get you further along and closer to an interview. Online applications are typically shoved through a program to look for specific things. Calling them like a day or two(i typically wait upwards to 3 days) after the application process has been put in will typically cause an employer to look for your shit and see what the fuck you're about. BUT here's the key make sure you end the conversation with them giving you an estimate to call back.
i.e. fuckwit A puts an application into shitcomp A. After waiting 2-3 days fuckwit A calls shitcomp A and talks with fuckwit B, who typically isnt the manager, who will then get fuckwit C who is the manager for you to talk to. So fuckwit A talks to fuckwit C stating who they are and that you put in an application in and you were wondering if they got to it yet, and if not about how long would they think it would take for them to go over it and about when you could call back for an answer. If they are evasive they probably aren't worth your time but if they give you a semi solid estimate(like 3 days or next whateverdayoftheweek) then CALL THEM BACK ON THAT ESTIMATE. It shows initiative and that you actually WANT to work there even if it is because of the reason of "I need a job" you will seem much more appealing than most of the joe nobodies they blow off.
So in all honestly do yourself a favor and take that "too privileged" shit and throw it out the window, very rarely(in my case) has affirmative action "denied me a job" and even if ti did guess what you go on to the next job.

how do you fuck up your interiviews.

Give this user a cookie

/thread

I show up they ask me questions I answer like the autistic retard that I am and never get called back. Also I directly contact employees in person or online and still do not get an interview.

From what I can tell by reading your replies, there's no saving you, and I pity your self-patronizing attitude. It's bad enough you're barely getting any call backs, but you're only making the situation even shittier by not even trying to consider this guy's advice. You probably heard them spouted a million times before, but that's literally all you can do. Unless you know people and have connections, there's no secret tactics or hidden formula to finding a job. No one's going to throw you a bone, just fake it until you make it. I honestly don't know what else to tell you, just stop being a bitch.

alright so give specifics if you can. I.e. if they ask you whats your biggest weakness what do you answer. Or if they ask you to tell them about yourself what do you say.

I'm not a girl (I'm a cis boi), my ex said my facebook pictures look bad, but she said I look good in person (and I get compliments every other blue moon).

I'm not sure if looks help, but I think being a minority would help with mainstream employers -- like walmart, mcdonalds, disney, etc..

I'm this guy just saw this In all seriousness there are a fuckton of people who got their jobs without knowing a damn thing about actually doing it, and some people still don't after a few years.
About the only thing I will say he is wrong on is that interviewing skills are something a lot of people lack. I know because I was one of them, typically it takes a bit of critical thinking and a bit of prep time before hand(the more you do it the easier it becomes) to not answer those questions like an "autist". Essentially you want to get your point across without sounding like a knuckle dragger who can't rub two brain cells together.

Scrolling through the catalog, I thought she was a mousegirl from the thumbnail.

Awesome (fuckwit A btw).

Which makes sense, because I didn't really need or care about the jobs I previously applied for.

>just stop being a bitch.
I can't do that. Yeah I've heard all that stuff people general advice people I know give me. I just can't do that cannot for lack of better words sell myself to an employer. I strongly start to consider suicide when I hear the words what do you think is your best trait, or how would our shitty company benefit from hiring you.
Can't handle that shit why can't people just judge perspective employees on merit and or ability and not some image or perception you create about yourself.
>biggest weakness what do you answer. Or if they ask you to tell them about yourself what do you say.
Nothing I was asked something along those lines and couldn't answer.

I'm just going the professional student path.
When I'm old I'll just leave the country and never return so they can't pursue me to collect student loan debt.

I'm a boy, my ex said my profile pictures suck, but that I looked good in person.

I don't think looks make a difference for the jobs I got (which were in construction). To me it seemed more like minority status but however another user said minority status doesn't do shit.

I've had some good luck with it so far, but I've found that most applicants are absolute shit. Like the guy who left his resume blank, and then told me he could only travel up to 15 miles away from his house because he "didn't want to put miles on his car."

Don't get me wrong, not everyone is like that, but I've only really found about 5 people who I'd want working for me full time via internet job listings.

Funny that you say that, because I'm trying to hire people for labor jobs as I type this.

God damn I can't believe this girl is only 14

Thats the reason. It's ok because honestly you have an advantage over most people in this regard. And by that I mean you havn't said something along the lines of "I'm too honest" seriosuly NEVER say that shit to an employer. Even if it is true at this point in history it has become the catch all answer meaning "I don't want to tell you what my real weaknesses are because you won't hire me once you hear them."

I' no expert but it sounds like you are either really shy OR you are concentrating too much on trying to look like the most ideal employee. I know that 2nd half sounds sorta counter productive but trust me when I say most employers can smell bullshit.

And since you are apparently stumbling on the interview process so hard you are eating your own ass from face planting so hard here are some useful picture preps.
imgur.com/gallery/Xh5YcnT Seriously give this one a once over and try to apply it to yourself so it isn't so "generic"
imgur.com/gallery/XR1V2 most of this is kinda basic but shit sometimes the basics help you the most.