Be me, 20 years old turning 21 in September

>Be me, 20 years old turning 21 in September
>Live in California
>Been dipping for a little over 2 years
>Wont sugar coat the whole "hurr I can quit whenever I want" bullshit
>I'm pretty addicted
>Because of California's bullshit new tobacco law, I am now banned from buying dip until I'm 21
>I have to get my friend who's 21 to buy me dip in bulk because of liberal fucktard Jerry Brown

When the fuck has outlawing something ever stopped people from doing it? Each pack of cigarettes/can of dip is plastered with surgeon general warnings, I am well aware of the risks I am taking by using tobacco so why does the government feel the need to step in and make my decisions for me? This law just renforces that banning/outlawing something wont mean people are just going to stop, they will just find other ways to do it.

You could use the new law as a chance to quit

>Be user
>Old enough to join military, go overseas, carry automatic weapons and kill sand niggers by the dozen
>Same government does not trust him to smoke

Sorry user.

It should be banned for any ages. What the fuck are you doing to yourself

Doesn't that shit have fibreglass init

Wouldn't you be grandfathered in tho? Meaning you'd still be able to because it was legal for you at the time?

I tried to for a few days, I'm having a hard time sleeping and overall dealing with work and such

fortunately the law doesn't apply to people in the military who are under 21. Good for them I guess, practically everyone in the military smokes anyway so I guess that was the only way they could pass this BS law by giving this exception.

Well they're simply doing it to discourage you from doing it. Dunno about dipping but smoking kills and second hand smoking does its own damage.

Keep in mind, you wanna smoke/dip do as you please I don't mind and it is your right in my opinion but let's face it, it's bad for you and the government wants to discourage (or pretend to) from doing it.

There you go op join the army

You would think but no, they pretty much banned buying tobacco overnight for anyone under 21 so basically everyone who is on the same boat as me just got screwed over, unless you have a fake ID or have someone who is old enough and willing to buy for you..

That's bullshit in my opinion. Although I wouldn't smoke/chew etc., I'm still for anyone that would still want to

if you want to quick get nicorette lozenges or gum

they totally work but you NEED to follow the directions and take the dosages when it says to, not just want you want a fix and don't skip when you don't feel like it either

yay for fucking nanny state.

whenever i see someone talking about banning shit, i wonder more about the person calling for the ban than the object of interest.

I get the logic behind it, but just using myself as an example instead of quitting I am working around the law by having someone else buy it for me. And California is a huge state so I know I am not the only one who is doing this, so it doesn't mean it's going to get people to quit so much as just provide them with the extra obstacle to get what they were going to do anyway.

And thats the point I am making. All tobacco products have surgeon general warnings all over them, people are aware of the risks they are taking when they use tobacco. So why does the government have to feel the need to take it a step further and prevent people from getting what they want?

That sucks m8. Maybe someone will make a petition. There has to be some kind of backlash.

Because the government wants you to live a long life working for them and giving them tax money.

Yay for this.

The government can send you off to war to die for them at 18, but you cant make your own choices till you are 21.

Exactly. I personally don't smoke weed or have any interest. However all the bans and laws the prevent people from doing so are just retarded. Its people's own choice what they want to pout into their body, just because one particular person doesn't have the desire to do something doesn't mean they should take it away from everyone else.

I've been dipping since 16. If you actually delve into it Alcohol, HPV, and smoking are the number one causes of mouth cancer. And considering there are 10,000 cases out of 330,000,000 people in the US a year. I don't worry about cancer. But my lip and gums aren't too happy. But I risk it because it's my body

While it might be too late for yourself and many others, by doing this they've discouraged an entire new group of people from becoming addicted to it. I feel like a lot of people while they do understand the consequences of smoking/dipping they don't actually think it's worth it in the long run when their bodies start to fail.

That being said a woman I know has been smoking for god knows how long (easily 30-40 years) and will probably do so till the day she dies (at most she's got a bad cough) while several people I know have had to quit because their bodies let out. Father died of lung cancer, step grandmother died of breast cancer (she smoked for decades). I personally will never smoke simply because I view it as not worth it and I think the Government is trying to get the same result with the younger generation

i'm in the same boat as you op, except i'm 19 and i've only been smoking for 2 years. it sucks but i ask my 21 year old brother or just offset my withdrawal with coke.

Being 18 in CA now means absolutely nothing. Yeah you are accountable for your actions now and are lawfully an adult, but we are still going to treat you like a kid for 3 more years by banning you from making your own choices.

at least the IDs are foolproof. almost.

fucking nanny state.

you dont know whats best for you, so we are going to make your decisions for you.