IPod Classic 160GB going for as high as $200

>iPod Classic 160GB going for as high as $200
>Micro SD 128GB costs like $40

Why do people not just put the latter on their phones?

That's an SD card though, not microSD

Ah, you're correct, but micro SDs are still listed between $20 and $40 from a lot of places

Does this please your technicality boner user?

Plus you don't need carry 2 players.

Guess its easier having them separate in the car though.

You can get 200gb micro sd cards for around 70 as well. I do like the idea of a dedicated music player with a better dac/amp though. Anyone have any recommendations?

I've got an SDcard in my phone and it's a lot more of a hassle keeping it synced.

Because phones already ditched microSD cards

I tell what the Sony Walkman I've go has so many more features than a ipod, if only people knew

You can slow music down for kareoke, essentially turn it in to your own vapourwave version

I have this. It's amazing. Flac on computer. Convert to 320 for phone. ~~7000 songs takes up half of it.

Wow what a great useless feature!

Because neither the Oneplus One or 3 has expandable storage and I don't wanna buy a Oneplus 2.

I have the 128gb on my phone, and i am using vlc as the media player, its withstandable for video, but it lags with music.

Idk any good free music app, theres usually something wrong with the organization

I think theres only 70gb on it right now dels road

>put my captcha in the post
im tired

Blackplayer bby

I did that and I'll give you a few, no gapless playback on most android phones, tags get fucked up way more transferring to android.

yeah i think i had that, it was all fucked up, but that maybe because of the Various Artists i have, so im gonna have to change them to fit 1 album instead of reading them as separate

Oneplus X friendo

my phone doesn't have sd card support, and I strongly dislike touch screens

lol so do you have a motorola razor?

t. apple cuck

I still have trouble understanding what the fuck is wrong with android media detection.
Just yesterday I transferred 5 albums by a Japanese band, I even tagged them manually since I already know that android wants perfect tags.
3 of them show up fine while the other two have every character replaced with a question mark.

What really makes me angry though is that it shows a :) emoticon as the artist picture just to taunt me.

How does slowing music down make it better for karaoke?

but that's what I did

I have a Sansa Clip+, it plays flac and it cost 20 euro, but it only takes cards up to 32gb. I'd use my phone but it doesn't play flac and Marshmallow keeps corrupting my sd cards.

>flac

iPod Classic has an amazing battery life compared to phones. And its nice to have your phone freed up if you have your iPod hooked up somewhere remote.

But I still have mine from years ago, when it inevitably shits itself I'll most definitely be using my phone for music.

Sorry, I'm not a patrician egg_orbis listener

V0 or an hero

If you use android I recommend Pulsar

The scroll wheel was more convenient for controlling stuff while it's in your pocket then a touch screen is, where you have to pull it out to know what you're doing, so that's one justifiable reason

I keep my old-ass 160GB iPod Classic from 2009 in my car for aux duty. That thing is a tank.

320 is bloat for no reason, if you can convert and want to use mp3 just use V0, there's no difference except for filesize.

Or use Vorbis q6 and have files that are transparent to FLAC, but a smaller filesize than 320 and V0, your phone might not be able to support it though

t. Guy with 25000 songs on his phone with a 200GB microSD

is there a noticeable quality difference between 320/v0 mp3 and q6 format?

V0 insn't always supported

Because MUH IPHONE.

Everyone is just a consumerist cuck desu.

>having Apple's dick in your mouth this much

Doesn't drain my battery and I already have an iPod Classic.

best way is to try it for yourself, I cannot hear the difference between q6 and 320/V0 at all, and I've been doing this for years.

Even if I do hear a minuscule difference between q6 (and 320/V0) and FLAC with all the proper equipment, the amount I save in file size is well worth it:

American Football:
FLAC: 268MB
320: 110MB
V0: 86MB
q6: 66MB

99% of the time you will not be able to distinguish this by hearing them (especially with a phone DAC/AMP), so Vorbis is the most sensible choice (just make sure there are no compatibility issues)

but definitely stop using 320, just a waste of space

>ipod 160gb discontinued 2014
>phones already phasing out expandable storage, but still haven't passed 128gb in internal storage capacity
>microSD cards above 128gb still too expensive
Fucking hell, there's never going to be a mobile device big enough to hold my whole library is there

>You can modify an iPod Classic to hold up to 1/2TB using an SSD or other flash storage
>Only Samsung tried to phase out expandable, and it failed, so they put it back on the S7 will continue to use SDs, also the new iPhone has 256GB of internal storage
>I got my 200GB microSD for like $60

no excuse famalam

You can change the pitch to suit your singing

>but it only takes cards up to 32gb
it will take higher capacity cards if you format them too fat32

why do you need your entire library of music with you at all times?

I have a Fiio with most of my library on several high-capacity micro sdhc cards. If you really needed to have all of it on your person while mobile, the cards can easily be stored between the rear of the device and the protective cover.
Or you can spring for one of these fancy covers with card pouches.
There is never an excuse to use itunes.

Meant to post this one because I hate touchscreens on a portable player.

Poweramp is the best one.

Had the 200Gb model and with a year it was corrupt. Happened months ago but I'm still upset. It was a free gift from LG when I got my V10 so I can't even get it replaced.

>he doesn't convert his music to FLAC

Phones have better batterylife if you only listen to music.

try poweramp for your music app

Almost every flagship android except BLAMsung has ditched them

Even if you have an iPhone you can get VLC or another alternative music player app and put it on that instead

Applefag here, any advice for a SD card player with an interface similar to that of an ipod