What does Sup Forums shoot with?

What does Sup Forums shoot with?
Opinion on film?
General camera bread.

she gets the job done.

Someone actually bought one of these?

Yeah I needed a professional camera for work.

Maybe this isn't a decent place to ask. But an ex is really into photography, like does it as a job and shit. I know it'd piss her off to no end if I got into it as a hobby so kinda wana do it. Worth it and where would I start? She's got like 4+ years experience on me, took college for digital stuff and everything.

one bump. and if I was gonna get a good decent low end camera, what brands do I need to look for?

It really depends on what you want to do and how deep you want to get in, fam

>can't even take hd pics underwater

holy shit, go be plebs somewhere else

Don't have tons of free time unfortunately so most I could do it is 5-7 hours a week. Enough time or would I have to take it more serious?

Oh, it's not about how serious you take it. It's really more like what you're actually going for.
The learning curve can be really steep when you invest a little more time in technical basics in the beginning. It opens the theoretical path to image composition. Do this while doing some practical exercising and you're good. You don't need lots of time.
What is important is to try to get your head around what you're doing. Try to compose an image in your head before you press the shutter release.
Also, what kind of things do you want to take pics of? Important for your choice of camera.

nikon d600 with 24-120 f4
I like film too but atm no money for anything. just bought the d600 2nd hand

>Olympus OM1
>Rolleiflex
>Mamiya 645
>Sony A7sII
>Sony F3
>Arri SR2

>Large assortment of lenses

Film looks great, has greater colour depth and latitude. In the long term it can cost more (there's a tipping point, if you shoot on it enough, where cost of film and developing end up costing you more, even if you've saved by buying a secondhand camera).

Digital is much more accesible and quicker. I shoot film much less often than I do digital. Film does require knowledge and discipline, which makes it a great format to learn on.

People will learn more with a fully manual $100 film camera and 50mm lens than they will with most $500 digital cameras that come with shitty lenses.

Dogs and still shots mostly. I don't really know actually. The ideas been mulling in my head for a few days now and I saw this thread and figured I'd post lol.

that is true. I learned with a D70 and a kit lens. used it for years...

anyone and idea how to do long exposure by day when u cant afford nd filters? glass from a welder mask? has to be 77mm dia though

close your aperture and dial down your ISO?

Also, just buy a fucking ND filter, they're not expensive

If you're going for versatility, a DSLR would be good. It really depends on how much money you want to spend. As said, learning with a manual film camera will do a lot for you, but it's ok if you don't want to shoot film. You still could use a DSLR and use older, manual lenses if you want.

yeah im pretty poor atm. also shutter,apperture and iso wont work for a long exposure in daylight... u should know that

Buy the fucking filter, dude. If you use anything not designed for use on a camera, chances are it will decrease the optical quality.
Glass from a welder's mask would work theoretically, but still, I don't think the results will be good.

budget isn't really too much of an issue. my current girlfriend would love a camera and then not make tons of use of out of it so I can justify it as an anniversary gift or something haha.

Get an 80D and a secondhand 24-105 f4

eyes

sweet, bookmarked user. Any good books you'd recommend? I have an unlimited amount of time to read thanks to a pretty sweet job so I learn as much as I can while I'm there.

I like to strike down my enemies with a long bow.