Band releases nothing but shit for 25 years

>band releases nothing but shit for 25 years
>included among those shit albums is fucking St. Anger and Lulu
>people still get hyped for new album, every time

Is Metallica the only band that gets away with this shit?

WE

WUZ

'RE SO FUCKED

KANGZ OF METAL

I maintain if St.anger and Lulu didn't have the Metallica name they wouldn't be so hated. Lulu in particular is a very interesting album where the band pushed past where they came from. At least they aren't stagnating as bad as the other thrash bands that were their peers. I mean Mustaine has made 5 or 6 absolutely steaming turds over past few years

pretty impressive streak tbqh

justing

SUICIDE

one of the most just bands of all time

how do you go from their '80s output to this

I just assumed everything they made the past 10 years was shit, so I can't possibly be disappointed.

Yea if there's ONE thing you can give to Metallica, it's that they continue trying (and failing) to do something new. Megadeth and Slayer are content to put out fan-pandering rehashes of past glory, which are celebrated briefly then promptly forgotten by the metal "press." Sometimes I wonder if these bands realize that their 80s material (incl 1990) is the only thing people care about, and that they may as well just do what they want and/or retire, rather than continuing to chase previous heights of acclaim and popularity.

>playing Metal past the age of 35
Found their problem. The reason they were so popular in the 80s was because they were 20 years old and they made music for their friends and their generation, it was exciting and energetic. Who are they making music for now? People give shit to Opeth for going prog rock but at least they realize metal just doesn't work at their age anymore.

JUST

>Fan Can #3
patrician

I wouldn't say the released nothing but shit, every album (except fucking Lulu) had some nice moments. You just gotta disregard the rest, you know, chew the meat and Spit Out The Bone

anyone has that JUST chart

>highest rated album is a cover album

at least when they fucked up, it was an interesting trainwreck, rather than a slow and steady decline into boredom, and this one sure looked like another one of those

it's bad.

and almost all of those covers are absolute shit as well unsurprisingly

That's the point duh