What do you think happens when we die?

What do you think happens when we die?

I know this is Sup Forums but I'd prefer honest opinions and serious answers if possible.

The universe continues.

Honestly. Nothing. It'll be kinda like sleep but we never wake up. Kinda sad.

What I want: Itll be like living in a lucid dream forever

Realistically: ???

I think eternal return is the strongest possibility of all. Everything we know about the universe suggests that it could be on an infinite loop, and this would explain the problem of where our consciousness goes when we die. It just begins again. And we do this same shit over and over again for eternity without even realizing it.

noh. Existence is a curse. Existance

You rot. Or get burned.

you are dead now, you are infinite energy, controlling a body, the ego is an illusion

hah, this is actually the correct answer

none of us are even "alive" whatever that even means.

smoke dmt, there you will enter the metaphysical universe, the stage between reincarnation on the physical plane, all of this can seem like huge news for a mortal, but since it's infinite it's really no bog deal, the knowledge of this has been here for infinity and we have known the secret of death forever, but we keep eternslly forgetting about it

You, as in what you experience as you, will be in the same state as 'you' was before you were born. How did you feel in 1722? Was it nice? Comfortable? Horrible?

There was no 'you' then.

Non existence is a perfectly legitimate ending to a personality that people from shit tier religious countries just cannot accept, or most likely, don't like to think about.

The physical you is now a higher ordered collection of different atoms and molecules. When your brain activity stops, that physical you will persist for a while, but get fuzzier and fuzzier as you decay. The physical you is anihilated when the brain died and is stopped.

It's at that point like a deleted file. It hasn't moved to anywhere. It is just as much in existence after it's deleted as before it was created.

Any other answer is bullshit hand waving from the sort of people that liked to use the word 'energy' but now prefer 'quantum'. You're talking to college kid philosophers or chem trails idiot.

Anyone that says 'who knows' is a pussy scared of death, either knowingly, or just under the surface.

The you that you are concerned about is software. It is information, and it can be lost, just as a document on a computer can.

It's why you can lose who you are after an accident.
The brain isn't separate from the mind. The brain is just a crazy hashed together system on a chip, rather that a generic 'mind hoster' machine. The hardware (structure) and software are intimately linked.

If you suffer a traumatic brain injury and damage a part of your brain, that part of YOU, your personality, is also damaged.

Read about some of the completely nonsensical but lucid and intelligent people suffering from a TBI.

So did *part* of them go to 'heaven', waiting for the rest to catch up?

Nope. They're just damaged.

Brain death is the ultimate damage.

You are not separate from your brain. No matter what Arabs and Americans like to generally believe.

I don't give a shit about your experience on drugs.

>there is tremendous evidence of afterlife (NDE,EVP,OOBE,DMT,SLS CAMERA) and MANY MANY more

>documents, studies about how people got possesed by demons in the age where pychiatrists examined the patients already and admitting it's a case of demonic possesion, MANY people witnessing that person levitating, objects flying around and threw on the ground, incredible strength, speaking latin/spanish fluently by that person even tho they never heard of it, ability to freeze/heat up the surroundings.

>people talking to spirits and they respond with your dead relatives name, dream visits ,etc...

Meanwhile : *every object flying around while people witness that plus that person levitating and bending his body in mid-air*
HURR-DURR EXCUSE MY SCHIZOPHRENIA

>no, there's a big lie about hell and stuff like that but there IS life after death.

The spiritual being you are carries on. This physical life is learning time with your soul journey. My soul is without death

so theoretically we would do everything that could possibly be done? Without even knowing, even if that means that in some looped universe you essentially "respawn" as a rock that can think but not talk say. Or maybe you be a movie director, secret agent, hobo, but does this also mean thatin a universe you would remember all of your previous universes?

>as a rock that can think but not talk say

this is actually one of my greatest fears, that when we die we enter some kind of inanimate state where we retain our consciousness but are unable to move or influence our surroundings in any way. that is my personal version of hell. fire and brimstone would be better than that.

probably nothing
i was never raised to believe in a god so im guessing nothing
but honestly who the hell cares?
... you are alive op
stop asking questions that cant have a definite answer

yes and that universe is god, what if I told you that you have access to god consciousness, having access to all life information simuntaneously

I used to be an atheist, but once when I took amphetamine, I literally got a direct connection to god, he spoke through me, I got a million new ideas and spoke sentences that came from an outside source (god/plant?)

HAHAHAHA Pal, I respect you have a God that you believe in because it keeps you controlled and feeling safe that God will have you when you kark it, but don't fucking shove it down my throat Mate!

That's some high quality bs right here

If you're conscious enough, the moment before your death Every moment of your life before hand is a memory. Just for that fraction of time, your entire accumulation of experience is a memory. The very next moment, you will be a good as never having existed at all.

We must use unix shell to find a backdoor entry into the program

We turn into star constellations, but only if you're legendary. Maybe if you have sex enough, you'll get a constellation that looks like you're boning a planet. If you're not legendary, you turn into a nebula and have to wait longer before you are a star, and you will be part of the constellation dedicated to the legend. I made this up, If anyone takes this seriously, fucking stop being autistic.

>What do you think happens when we die?
The suffering ends

This

Since many researchers have theorist about us living in a simulation i think that when we die we will wake up in some capsule and be told that the whole life we've been living was a lie. this theory is weird and very unlikely but that's why its a theory

That theory is scary as fuck...

More likely that you don't physicially exist at all and you are simply a piece of software which is "deleted" when you die in the simulation.

You stop living. Ideally your body decomposes naturally and some of the energy you borrowe is returned to the system.
Jk, you get reincarnated as Jesus y'all