Is pic related still the go-to music player...

Is pic related still the go-to music player? Back in 2010 this was the one everyone used since it was compatible with the last fm scrobbler.

What's the best music player out right now?

>Is pic related still the go-to music player?
no, it's dead

>What's the best music player out right now?
foobar2000

>windows
foobar2000

>ganoo/loonix
mpd + mpc + ncmpcpp

I use foobar

Stable version or beta?

foobar/musicbee are the way to go nowadays. I still use Winamp though, the lack of developer support will only be relevant in a couple of years.

INSTALL GENTOO
N
S
T
A
L
L

G
E
N
T
O
O

I'd just like to interject for a second.

I could never get foobar to work.

You might just be a moron then.

Kind of telling you call someone retarded when you don't know their definition of 'working'

winamp is dead but i still use it. also i'm pretty sure all of the popular music players have some kind of scrobbler support

MusicBee is a killing machine, it's got everything

>last fm scrobbler
Why do you need this? Pray tell.

It was how you captured your plays and transferred it to Last.fm, it was for PCs though since I think on mobile your phone automatically scrobbled the plays.

Also anyone know of any good Foobar skins? I chose that one and it looks nice so far

I am well aware what scrobbling does, I just don't see the need for it.

not him but i still scrobble because i'm praying for a last.fm replacement to appear someday

You listen to music through last fm?

What?

If you you wanna go for maximum customization use Foobar.
If you want something that just works and has more features than most people will use anyways use Musicbee.
What I really disliked about foobar is that most of the neat looking designs had shit right-click context menus compared to Musicbee but then again I might just not have looked into it enough.

it would be cool if they let me put to explore in order of my "folder structure" like Foobar2000k. I have ~2.000 Artist (i have many copilations)..... Its a mess

Kind of telling you don't know what you're talking about because the only thing that would make foobar simpler to use is to remove the "stop", "pause", and "skip" buttons from it and leave just "play".

Just admit you jumped to conclusions.

Not gonna.
Foobar is dead simple and if anyone has trouble getting it to play files, well.

So you DID jump to conclusions.
I really dont get what you gain from being so stubborn on an anonymous imageboard

A hard-on.

>windows media player master race

>roast me

Idk i just downloaded the most recent version

>music folder with one folder for each album with no organization
>not using beets.io to tag and organize all your music
step it up

idk i like your winamp skin. reminds me of when i would download so many AVS presets it would slow down my dell pentium 4 machine

classic skin is classic

I still use winamp.
I came to a point where Winamp fucked up on me (I can't remember how exactly) and I switched to Foobar but the way Foobar was set up my navigation would keep getting locked and I'd have to close and re-open the programme to see my library so I switched back to winamp.

I think spotify killed off a lot of interest in music-centric media players, so I fear there may never be a perfect player.

classic skin is dope. that's the modern skin w/ classic color scheme though. also good, might switch it up

>music folder with one folder for each album with no organization

I kind of do... if I have more than 6 releases of an artist, I have those separated out. But if it's from an artist I don't really care regardless of the number of releases, I'll save it within the alphabet folder

>not using beets.io to tag and organize all your music

I don't mess around with tags. I keep scene releases as they are. The only time I update tags is when I copy them into my phone i.e. Add album covers as such

my bad... it's the Winamp modern

f2k or musicbee

both support scrobbles

what couldn't you get to work?

I honestly don't remember. It was that long ago. But still. I'm not looking for tech support or anything

Yo'ur mom.

I got a question since this seems like the most appropriate thread.

Is there a phone app (Galaxy) that lets me organize my music into genres so I can only play specific stuff? As much as I enjoy both I don't really want beach fossils or something to play when I'm listening to sun ra, but would like to hear my other jazz artists.

MusicBee actually has an "organize" option that automatically titles and organizes your files how you want them.
I know this post is 3 hours old but still.

The default music player has a section for genres I think.

Thanks for responding. I just find this but nothing happend(??)

Tried foobar but Windows media player is still my favourite

You can add custom sorting options in MusicBee, it definitely supports what you're looking for

that's a custom tag, my guy

Your fault for listening to compilation albums, pleb

all of these are so ugly

Foobar is a meme. Use Musicbee instead.

I will be whipping the llama's ass in current year indefinitely