How come there is no footage of that happening? Or at least any footage of her that is not some no-audio youtube video?

How come there is no footage of that happening? Or at least any footage of her that is not some no-audio youtube video?

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2016/06/christine-chubbuck-suicide-video-exists.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because why would someone be recording the news randomly in the 1970s when stuff like VCRs cost thousands of dollars?

chris chubbock was killed before many had vcrs and they destroyed or gave to the family whatever footage existed

why are people so obsessed with finding some

cause it was the first?

robin bougie and his mag cinema sewer does a nice article on faces of death and the first like 5 seen on tv suicides i think

Impossibly rare. The GRAIL of the Internet.

the ceo of the network kept a copy,is widow confirmed

Newfag here. What is this?

Shot herself on live news

a 29yo tv-announcer who killed herself on air back in 1974, before saying
"In keeping with Channel 40's policy of bringing you the latest in blood and guts and in living color, you are going to see another first — attempted suicide"
It totally sounded like a Cronenberg script to me when I first read it, but it's actually real.

I wouldn't be surprised if footage DID exist, but probably not on the internet. The only existing footage was given to her family, but that doesn't mean an enterprising and soulless member of her family didn't copy it or sell the footage to a macabre collector.

>but that doesn't mean an enterprising and soulless member of her family didn't copy it or sell the footage to a macabre collector.

the chance of things like this happening is 1 in 10 billion

the idea of "selling to a macabre collector" comes from the internet and movies you have seen etc, it wouldn't have even been a thought in someones mind at that time

the footage was destroyed. it will never exist.

the tape still exists, peep the notice board on lostmediawiki.com. Prob still wont get on the internet tho

Look at the edges on this pseudo-intellectual fag. There has to be a copy still in existence, just likely in a police evidence locker. No doubt the channel got investigated and the footage was claimed as evidence.

it doesn't exist. why would someone release that they have it along with their name? just completely unbelievable.

conspiracy theory kids will believe anything and conspiracy theory kids are who uses websites like that

you will never, ever see it. the tape was not given to the family. it was destroyed.

it actually does

vulture.com/2016/06/christine-chubbuck-suicide-video-exists.html

but I doubt they will ever make it available

>No doubt the channel got investigated and the footage was claimed as evidence.

>no doubt
There was no investigation. The tape was destroyed. Now you're doubtless 100% sure about things that happened 20 years before you were born in 1994 max, funny

You do realize there have been collectors of weird and twisted shit for as long as there have been people collecting shit right? Interest in watching a person die has existed for quite some time as well. Thus the big public spectacle that was public execution. You're a kid aren't you?

>person makes it known that they have the tape
>which they know would do nothing but invite scorn and danger
>"gives the tape to a law firm for safekeeping"
why wouldn't you just destroy it?

it doesn't exist. if you're an adult the story reads like fiction. it just doesn't make sense and isn't believable. the sequence of events is nonsense.

why would this woman make her name known and that she has the tape knowing fully what it would invite on her head?

stop believing things you read, this has not been corroborated by an actual media outlet whatsoever, just fucking conspiracy websites

>You're a kid aren't you?

Let me explain this to you: Nobody knew this happened because the internet didn't exist in 1974. It was local news.

The tape doesn't exist.

It's funny, the longer I'm here and the older I get, the more I get called kids by people who have fantasies they want to believe, and can't observe reality from a sane perspective.

This is a fantasy you want to believe in. the tape doesn't exist

>BUT FINDDEATTHTAPEFILES.COM SAYS THE TAPE EXISTS!!! THEY PROVED IT!! THEY SAID SO

yes, god exists because the bible says so, too.

Ah okay so you're just a dickless troll instead of a kid. Go bother people on a trap thread. Unless you actually think your logic is sounds, in which case I'm just going to let you keep believing it, and leave it wide open for you to go "SEE DERR YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT! I WIN KEKEKEKEKEKEK"

>I can't respond to my perspective being completely defeated by a one-line comparison to the bible, so I will call you names and then say kek a bunch of times

Yeah, pretty much what I expected from you

Remember, Sup Forums: If a website says something exists, that means it does! They said so, after all!