Honest question Sup Forums

Honest question Sup Forums

If players were unable to get injured, who would be the GOATs instead of some current ones?

In other words, what players were GOAT potential but were held back by constant injuries?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ag8fANDq_qc
youtube.com/watch?v=MXnNpQMsDq8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Marco Van Basten

>The literal embodiment of the term 'glass cannon'

Why do people on this site love to argue about hypothetical nonsense?

still TSU

ronaldo

Keirrison
Kerlon Foquinha
Boquita
Lulinha

Ledley King

Vela

Fat Ron, no question about it.

Ronaldo by far. He was GOAT in Barça and Inter

Arsenal

This. It's literally impossible to argue for/against since it's pure speculation.

Rooney looked like a Messi-tier talent but then it turned out he peaked before turning 23. Same thing might've happened to a lot of "injured GOATs"

Ronaldo

For baseball it would be Griffey Jr.

Fat Ronaldo

Radamel Falcao

Abou Diaby
Yoann Gourcuff

Let's give you a different one Argentina.

What if your country's biggest Legend pussies out of the national team and vows to no longer play for them because of losing too many games, who would you replace him with when you only have shit choices?

Falcao problem was leaving Porto for fucking Atletico.

Falcao's problem was leaving Atlético for fucking Monaco.

Players like Van Basten, Baggio, Ronaldo are GOATs despite the injuries, they are not 'what if'
Falcao, Adriano, those are 'what if'

Torres.

How do you get injured in Baseball?
And more than that, how do you constantly get injured that it actually affects your career?

he probably overate and injured his jaw muscles consistently, if you're not fat you can't play boreball so with his lack of eating prowess he was ejected

For the U.S., he ends up being our best. The prototypical "couldn't stay healthy" player.

Ronaldhinho,
The injuries his pelvic bone suffered from theses hoe prevented him to be GOAT.

Len Bias

>youtube.com/watch?v=ag8fANDq_qc
>just think what he will be like when he grows up
RIP

those shin pads

This

Ferguson ruined Rooney by making him a boring player

R9 and Van Basten.

Is this even up for debate?

This
Also add Savicevic to that list

How has nobody posted Pato yet?

Ronaldo, obviously. Even with his exploding knees he's the GOAT.

>le albanian milan bandwagoner

pato was never good

how do you get injured in that soccer? lol

Van basten

Ronaldo

There isn't really much protection for the speeds some collisions and falls occur.

>pato was never good
Nah
youtube.com/watch?v=MXnNpQMsDq8

Brolin was a world class player

ruined his career after broken his foot

The forgotten man Owen Hargreaves

If this guy hadn't been injured right before the 2010 World Cup, the Netherlands would have won it

Kaka was a God before he got hurt

Badstuber

Arjen van Robben

F R U I T P A S T I L L E S
R
U
I
T

P A S T I L L E S

meme goal

Wouldn't of been a GOAT player but he was a superb box to box midfielder who could bust out the odd blooter but after he came back from a long term injury he was a shadow of the player he once was. Plays in the Greek league now posting vidoes of himself singing along to reggae music on snapchat.

>Why do people like to talk sports?

For my country it would be Luc Nilis, he would have been a great tandem with Wilmots on the WC 2002.

amara rage dude come down its just a post u don't have to be mad lol maybe u can try again to beat the goat another time

Alvaro Recoba

I agree

This, Ronaldo R9 or Messi.

he was on tv some time ago talking about his past gambling addiction. made me feel bad man

Batistuta desu

pablo escobar

Derrick Rose

This dude, probably would of had best player of the year 2000 and 2001, what he did post injury was incredible. It's unimaginable what he could of accomplished or done without his injuries.

Ricardo Kaka had a pretty bad injury when he was 18 I think.
He had quite a lot of injuries any way

He was already hurt his whole career from that spine injury.

Inb4 "full recovery"
Nobody 100% completely recovers from such injuries.

holy shit Canada, what the fuck did you even say

Ronaldo was CR/Messi material.

Van Basten would not be GOAT level but he's one of the GOATs among strikers nonetheless.

Robben might have been regarded as the undisputed #3 of the Messi/CR era.

Derrick fucking Rose
> literally the only man who could have stopped lelbron's heat
> league mvp before the age of 25
>inb4 LEAGUE MVP IS MEME AWARD

why the fuck people insist on using his nickname as if it was his surname?

Hockey would be a much more difficult call. If Orr's knees didn't explode and Lemieux didn't get Cancer they'd have been right there with Gretzky.

Neely could have been great too but he was never the same after Ulf took his knees out and had to retire very early. Not GOAT level but very elite.

Abou Diaby ;_;7

Because my childhood best friend was named Ricardo and every time I type it out I get reminded of those good times.

Autism

Kaka

>top 5 fastest goal in the competition's history
>meme
Sure thing Ruud

He was already #3 with extreme amounts of injurys and he is arguably just as dangerous in big games, he would be better than ronaldo and rival messi without all the injuries imo.

Van Persie one of them i guess

>Kaka was a God before he left Milan
Fixed
Kaka was one of those Milan Greats that went to shit as soon as they left Milan...just like Sheva

This is how everyone calls him

>Ronaldo was CR/Messi material.
Ronaldo was much better than these 2 shitters

Van Basten IS one of the GOAT's
He's the only one who won the Dutch NT something
Heck Dutch people still argue if he or Cruyff is better

>Robben
Meme player
Sneijder was much better

Kafka

Or you play 162 games in 180 days.

Yoann Gourcuff , not even joking or mentioning him because he is French , dude was the real deal.

Please tell me you aren't the same albanian guy defending Pato who was literally never good while calling Robben a meme player.

>Lulinha
That guy was GOAT in FIFA 08 career mode, was he really this hyped up IRL?

those 2 shitters outperformed every other single fucking player, scoring 50+ goals even without playing as striker for almost a decade during arguably the most competitive era of football.

Ronaldo had shown intro pages what the other 2 filled fucking books.

Van Basten is clearly top 20. Not every man would agree he was top 4-5.

this is not an answer to my question. you clearly are a mentally handicapped person. i will not be replying to you and risk you have a seizure or something. take care buddy!

Why is this the most competitive era?

Talent pool gets bigger, young players given academy education, there is more money so less talented youngsters have the need to leave football during young ages. More lower level teams have access to adequate training facilities. Those things add up. Maradona was giving coke parties during the mid week. Ronaldo and Messi play 2 games a week and if they slip in terms of fitness or concentration the likes of Müller, Ibra et al would rape their corpses.

One thing Maradona had to suffer was much more murderous defenders as the rules permitted it but that's not enough to call 80s football more competitive in my book.

Come on, if Robben was injury free, he would be far better than Sneijder could ever dream of.

No, he was already broken before leaving Milan.

this, Ronaldo9 and Del Piero.
possibly rossi too

yeah but ronaldo got fatter and slower after the injury. it' obvious that he would have been better had he not broken his knee

His last year at Milan was decent enough for me.

I forgave him.

Gazza

don't compare CR with ronaldo or messi, come on

This guy was born to be a meme

Bo Jackson

Any sport. All sports.

>R9

kys meme

>arguably the most competitive era of football.
No it is not you dumb fuck
Nesta at 36 owned your autistic midget

Nesta at 22 couldn't stop Ronaldo

Is Van Persie the most injury prone?

No, Robben is