Why do people shit on this release?

Why do people shit on this release?

It was an amazing return for Aphex and showed how he utilized modern technology to make his music even more complicated in the best way possible.

It's catchy as fuck, patterns are constantly changing, and an unbelievable amount of details throughout the whole thing.

Haven't seen anyone talk down on it dësü

SAWII > RDJ > SAW > SYRO > DRUKQS > ICBYD

>Why do people shit on this release?
no one did this except for neckbeards mad that aphex twin was getting critical acclaim again

this is my favourite album tho

>and showed how he utilized modern technology
it was recorded in 2007

Fahucking Hell
Disgusting

>putting drukqs that low

Drukqs has potential, but the filler is unbearable in that album.

Every time I want to listen to Drukqs I skip those tracks.

There isn't as much filler as people like to believe, & the filler tracks are usually like a few seconds.

They may be a few seconds, but when you know the next track is going to be a break core song you love it's easy to get annoyed by them and skip.

just make a playlist out of songs from drukqs

heres mine:
Jynweythek
Vordhosbn
Cock/ver10
Taking Control
Mt Saint Michael
Omgyjya-Switch7
Meltphace 6
Avril 14th
54 Cymru Beats
Nanou2
Bbydhyonchord
Ziggomatic 17

I still listen to the full album more than the playlist though, the filler tracks add atmosphere desu.

People seem disappointed by its mellowness and lack of obvious "innovation" but I strongly disagree, it's a very mature and cohesive work, among one of his best albums, and the arrangements are at times unbelievable.
On Soundcloud on Cheetah he left these comments:
>cheers people, just wanted to put out some chilled solid jams that I really like, helps diffuse the hype around me a bit, plenty of time for dropping some future bangers, don’t want the paparazzi camping outside my fucking house right now.
>releasing this type of stuff fucks off most of the 4 second attention span internet click posse

not so modern technology th
i loved this album, it's like druqs but poppier... in a good way

I liked The Tuss releases better.

The Tuss is pure madness

>Why do people shit on this release?
Like who?

The worst I've ever seen about it is that it's not as good as his early work, which was groundbreaking and some of the most iconic work in the history of electronic music.

>It was an amazing return for Aphex and showed how he utilized modern technology to make his music even more complicated in the best way possible.
not really its not that different than his older stuff

it's called space. the best thing about drukqs is that the glitchy fast tracks are given room to breathe with the softer interludes. On RDJ it's not as necessary because every track is short (and the whole album is very short), but even still you have tracks like Fingerbib and Goon Gumpas placed in there to give the listener a moment to breathe. Pacing is very important for a very long album like Drukqs.

This is true, but I think the tracks should have been paced differently and a few should have been cut.

Most hardcore albums will have a string of 2 or 3 songs that are loud, then to take a break it will go into an interlude.

Druqks has pattern where it will be loud song, calm song, loud song, calm song, etc. And I feel this pattern makes it tedious to listen through.

I would have loved Druqks more if it went more like the pacing I said above, 3 loud tracks, 1 calm track, or a variation of that.

Some ignorant fucker gave it a 6.

Because it's not breakcore jungle beat etc like Drukqs and RDJ Album

There's probably alternate track orders for Druqs out there, I'd imagine

i liked it a lot when I forst heard it but upon revisiting several times it just kind of falls flat. nothing bad, but mothing amazing

I was a big fan of his Tuss stuff and a lot of the tracks on Syro were a continuation of his Tuss sound. I love that rather than having a standard structure, all the tracks tend to evolve over the course of the song, each one has so many ideas, sounds and layers crammed into it without sounding messy. The production is top notch too.

I read that that was a sample from The Only Way is Essex or something

>and showed how he utilized modern technology
also theres no computers used on this album its all gear onto tape so no new technology

sup Scaruffi