I made $191,000 last year and am still broke. AMA

I made $191,000 last year and am still broke. AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

la.curbed.com/2016/5/17/11692852/los-angeles-rent-affordability
zillow.com/topanga-ca/home-values/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Y u still brke

Care to learn about Money Management? Or Living with-in your means?

WHATS IN THE BOX

whats it like?

whats the best flavor of ramen?

We live in LA, and that's a hard thing to do.... Too many expenses with children and a wife...

Let me guess - you live in LA?

are you me?

Top Ramen? Couldn't tell ya... Haven't had it in 15 years.

Real Ramen from a restaurant? Spicy Miso Pork.

Yup.

la.curbed.com/2016/5/17/11692852/los-angeles-rent-affordability

lol where you from?

Somehow or another, I am always thinking about how to pay a bill.... I have a business, but that cash flow is not steady always.

>la.curbed.com/2016/5/17/11692852/los-angeles-rent-affordability
Yep. Making 210k here in LA and have been for 4-5 years, still can't buy a house, even when I didn't go to college (no college debt) and stellar credit.

Yea LA is rough as fuck financially.

You can either live like complete shit or a king, there really isnt a middle ground unless u go to a suburb.

We spend too much to live the lifestyle we enjoy.

La is cheap, fucking liar. I live in topanga.

This is so true.

Try Calabasas or some other high end area.... You would be broke also.

If you made that much money and you are still broke, you don't have the intellect to make that much money.

>children and a wife
There's your problem right fucking there.

Texas.
so it's even more embarrassing.

why would I move there? I cant ride my bike everyday to the beach from there. I'm happy in the woods with a view of the ocean.

Also why doesn't his wife pay in too? No cunts can get free meals and Louis Vuitton handbags unless they are sucking my cock daily and cleaning the house to my satisfaction everyday.

Sorry that's not true. The living expenses in the area are just higher. Plus we enjoy socializing and driving nicer cars.

Sure, we can pack up and move - but are not willing.

She does. She doesn't work for this reason, and that she cares for the kids.

Why la? It's shitty and overpriced. You could be living in a nicer area for way cheaper.

Wow. I thought mine was bad.... How come these niggers are asking you questions?!

Examples?

Bullshit, what do you mean by nicer cars? living expenses is fair, but then why boast? Because you are really just making a living wage.

how do you plan to pay for your kids college?
santa monica cc?

A lot of women work and take care of their kids, you married a lazy cunt.

It's crazy right? I look at our incomes compared to others in /b and I am like WTF.

What bike you got?

>topanga
>cheap
>choose one

zillow.com/topanga-ca/home-values/

>The median home value in Topanga is $1,200,100.

That was in response to shitty money management. Not boasting - but not driving 87' Civic either.

Going to work out some savings system soon. Was just talking to wife about it.

Bull fucking shit. You can live in basically a palace when compared to what most people live in for 2500-3000 a month in LA.. So what exactly else are you spending the other 155k on? Does a loaf of bread cost 17 dollars in LA or am i missing something?

just a random image.

How is she not teaching these kids (and herself) to be more frugal? Living a "lifestyle" is not worth being broke.

What car do you drive? Also how do you even own a home in Topanga with that measly salary.

What? Our house payment is $3500 alone. Wtf are you smoking? Car payments of $1500 per month. Insurances etc... That doesn't include kids expenses and food etc.

Most months, I am bringing in about $11k - $16k and it's not enough.

We live in a nice area to get the kids in to the best public school in the area. That's our compromise. The school is like 99/100 in scoring.

exhaust for motorbike

Do you eat taccos and burritos?

I don't live in Topanga. We got a couple of German cars.... One large SUV and a Sports Sedan. Both are newer.

Yes. Not taco bell.

topanga isnt that cheap but LA is. LA is vast and theres places in the valley and burbs that are much more affordable for families.
its all relative son. only child, my dad worked in the film industry and bought in the 70's

iirc it was 45k at the time now it appraises at 3.7 million. would never sell tho' and if i get married I'm using a prenup.

I want to make $191,000 too. How?

Business.

We are in the Valley, but the most expensive part of it... Going even 3 miles down will get you in the shittiest, most crime-ridden Mexican inhabited dump. That's not for us.

sell weed in venice.

Woodland Hills?

Why are you being evasive? I want to know what type of cars they are; it's not like I can track you.

paypal me some of dat $$$$$

Close.

Audi A7 and GL450.

What the fuck are you driving?

>living 3 miles away from that shit
Yeah you're not doing your family any favors. Wasting money, letting them live spoiled, and living in a place with shitty human beings? Come on man, a 99/100 rated school ain't worth all that.

Audi A7 and GL450.

Are we supposed to feel sorry for you?

>Boohoo, I'm barely able to afford my luxurious lifestyle that I'm in over my head with

Go fuck yourself.

Oh I like those. Particularly the A7, let me guess the Audi is yours and the Merc is hers.

Oh, we have found the Bernie supporter!

Living this lifestyle does the opposite for me. Drives me to work harder and earn more. 4 years ago, I had $11 in my checking account and my income was about $48k.

I feel you and know property value has gone through the roof. buddy of mine bought in silverlake when it was straight ghetto went to watch the bball game last night at his place and it was hipster family friendly, a complete gentrification happened years ago and now the housing and cost of living has chased the mexican families that were originally there way out. hes thing of selling for a profit and moving way out to saugus..

No you can go fuck yourself. This was a AMA thread.

Secondly, living this lifestyle makes me work harder... As I said, I had $11 in my checking account 4 years ago. My income was $48k at that time....

That's your problem, 3y loan for 25k recertification vehicle with God down payment 350 a month. Live in means.

Yes we did.

Akrapovic nice.

Yeah this is happening everywhere in those kinds of areas - but Silverlake is going crazy.

Both vehicles are CPO.

Yep.

Where you at?

I'm glad it makes you work harder at least. How far away from work do you live? Surely you could find another, relatively nice place to live that costs less to live in and still work at the same place and make the same money, right?

I have a business.... I work for myself.

Then do yourself and your family a favor and relocate to a nice, but less expensive place. Don't work that hard just to end up broke man. What if something goes wrong? How is your savings?

Near Woodland Hills

Yeah we are thinking of that... Just have a lot of friends and family here in the area.

Ok, so you are in a similar area.... Not too far. What do you earn?

you should hire a financial planner. they can set up a way to consolidate your money and figure out where you can save. youre in the same boat as many people. paycheck to paycheck which leave little room for error if a financial hardship comes along.

what do you do for medical? do you have life insurance? do you have a savings account, retirement, cd's ect...?

good luck to you LA friend. Hope you succeed in your endeavor.

Definitely consider it bro. Friends come and go, family (and friends for that matter) can be visited if they're important enough and worth it.

Eh, I live on a trust fund for the most part so I don't know the struggles of the plebs; however, one thing I have observed is the Nouveau riche mentality here, over spending and compromising practicality.

I still live in my family's manor house for the most part, although I do have an apartment in Kensington, London. I have seen many of these new money Arab cunts taking up the space and eating with their elbows on the table in a pub I frequent in Mayfair. One thing that reassures me is soon they will over spend, go bankrupt and blow their fucking brains out.

Old money survives, where as the Nouveau riche and non trust-fund wage cucks fade away.

I made about $5000 last year, don't live next to a mexican ghetto and not even broke

This is the murrican dream right?
Reach for the stars...and then pay your bills with them.

No medical. Barely any savings. No investments.

nice bait

Thanks for the well wishes.

dubz recognize

Lol, you're a bigger loser than most fags who don't own shot here.

Will it train your children to be progressive genderfluid shitkins though?

I live in LA and we make 160k after taxes and we use a money manager and its still super hard.

Yep... It's the same everywhere in the better areas....

Wow OP, I make roughly 1/7 of what you do. I own both my cars and both my pieces of property. Only $1500 in debt at the moment and that's just because I charged all the parts I needed to rebuild my PC. Admittedly I have no children and my cars are domestic. Oh and I live in rural GA.

Wow. Talk about a difference. What do you do for a living?

that is great for making under 30k a year. Do you have health insurance?

Sell auto parts.
Honestly I didn't realize that there was that much of a gap based on where you live. Hell down here I complain because I have to pay $2000 in taxes a year.
Also I did inherit the lake house where I live when my dad passed. But the 10 acres I own as a hunting plot my brother and I bought together. Then he got short of money and I bought his half.

That's amazing. Good for you. I came from a normal working class family and was given nothing. I'm not mad, cuz I work harder.

Also, I paid about $14k in short-paid taxes for 2015.

I know some "old money" families... and it's amazing how they all seem to be at the tail and of their fortunes. They'll be the last ones living on trust funds. Do you notice that often?

Thanks man. Admittedly it too me working for 16 years to get to this point. And yeah I have insurance. Health (major medical) dental, vision, life, accidentally death and dismemberment, short and long term disability, 401k, and stocks.
14k? Jesus, It's really eye opening seeing the difference from place to place.