Sooooooo

Sooooooo

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-66-21-tix-modern-8-whack-goblins
whatsinstandard.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wish it didn't have the time walk effect for your opponent, just keep the mindslaver effect and it'd be great.

Not really time walk at all.

Your turn you cast. End your turn you gain controller of opponent. End that turn they get an additional turn. Not you. They play their turn and end it. You get a turn. So technically E-Cool will be summoning sick for 2 turns and they can kill him as sorcery speed before you have your own next turn.

Goddamnit it really had to be fucking eldrazi again?

I wanted something else for a change, i'm getting bored of Magic: Eldrazi are scary.

It could have been my waifu Merit Lage

i said time walk for them. that's why it'd be better without it, it also makes more sense from a flavor standpoint for them not to get the extra turn. You get control of their turn, get rid of all of their removal, and then leave them with a shitty board state to stare down the 13 damage that by this time should kill them.

It would have been nice to see it be something else, maybe see Emrakul in a year or two, but it would be sloppy at this point for it to be literally anything else. The set is even called "Eldritch Moon" for christ sake. The first set in the block is called "Shadows Over Innistrad" if you couldn't see Emmy coming from the moment the set name was announced, I'd be surprised.

Still not Time Walk. The effect of actually depriving anyone player of a turn is not happening here. I think it adds to the fact that E-cool is huge and slow. So two turns I think is fitting. Also the corruption effect wearing off is flavorful. Especially in a set with flip flopping wills such as the Werewolves and Vampires.

Yeah i know, but i mean it would have been nice for them to pull something creative and a nice sidetrack from the main story for one block. Do something weird and crazy with the moon, make up some Innistrad based cosmic horror.

It was obvious i just didn't want to believe =/

I hear ya. I was rooting for E-cool in the set. But not like this. I wanted an artifact that might animate/flip. But the artifact side could corrupt things via +1/-1 counters on any creature. Then E-cool would flip is X corruption counters were on the board. Then have a flip bomb effect. But what do I know. LoL

It took 0.5 seconds from her arrival for everything to get fucked up, i don't know if i'd call that slow. I was just hoping for another modern playable Emmy.

Having the moon turn into M'Emrakul would have been really cool.

combine with Golblin Game (and Quicken) for some funny interactions because it really defined what and how much he hides where

*its not really defined

also i don't really see the point in being pedantic when you know exectly what i mean when i say "Time Walk" effect.

I agree. Like they had so much potential with a title like eldritch moon. Could've been Mind FLayer (illithids) because they are WotC and made fucking Dnd. it's not like they don't have access to all of the eldritch monsters.

I'm actually super pissed about this this reveal with an essential to card draw for opponents.

Says target opponent during their next turn, not have control over what they do on their next turn. Can't you just have them say they concede?

They didn't make D&D, they own it. Gygax made D&D and then sold it to WotC.

No, I thought that too when Theros was around and a card had a similar effect there, but it says in the comprehensive rules that you can't make them concede. You can look at their sideboard, though.

That is exactly what i mean, like i love Lovecraftian stuff, and i'm still kind of disappointed even though the Eldrazi are pretty good cosmic horrors, i just wanted something new.

they are so fucking afraid of making a good card again... my hopes on MTG since RTR went down and down

in the current standard has anyone calculated exactly how low this can get? im asumign the lowest is 7? or are there additional things for like tribal and such?

I've been weening myself off of standard since DTK, it's just not as fun as modern, and if you're going to play, why not play with as much cards as possible? I'd play vintage, but i'd rather buy a house first.

Is that the Yogg-Saron of Magic?

the old version was

We have
Instant
Sorcery
Land
Creature
Artifact
Enchantment
so, yeah, 7. Unless I'm forgetting anything.

and Planeswalker

im wonderign if like tribal instant tribal soc and like legendary artifact are things that would coutn for it. because if it does this could almost be a 3 drop 13/13 flying

How do i combo this card with that one.

right, don't know how i forgot about the Jacetice League.
Does legendary count?

there's also planeswalker

Angel's Grace?

Pisses me off they pretty much ruined the chance at getting another good Gisela,Bruna.

Tribal is a type all its own, so it would count as 1 if you had both a tribal sorcery and instant in there at the same time.

doesnt sound too bad

The wording on this is bad. Even if you defeat your opponent I feel like this card means you still lose.

okay i was just tryign to clearify, becaus then this is a 5 drop with legendary and tribal

hollyyyyyyy shriiettttt is real ?

platinum angel maybe?

No, the types that count are:
>Land
>Instant
>Sorcery
>Artifact
>Creature
>Planeswalker
>Tribal
The absolute lowest he could get is 6.

instant, tribal, and artifact all count. Legendary doesnt. Card types:

Creature
Land
Sorcery
Instant
Tribal
Planeswalker
Enchantment
Artifact.

At least those are the ones that will ever go to the graveyard.

Bit the image is so fucking metal!

forgot enchantment

Knew I missed something.

so then yeah is a 5 drop if done right

Still, a 13/13 for 6 is alright.

5, I'm an idiot.

But the question is it good enough for modern? And i'm going to guess it isn't

But no one plays Tribal cards and without building around getting all that stuff in there for Emmy (which isn't worth it) the only deck that could probably make it worth is something like Dredge.

But it'll pretty much never be that low costed. It's not christmasland all the time. Most games you'd be paying about 9 or 10.

I doubt it too.

I'm not going to disagree with you there, but even if we're counting it as a 13/13 with trample and flying featuring a mindslaver effect for 8-10 mana, it's still pretty decent.

Great art, cool name, love the thirteens', but yeah.. . WTC was clearly scared to make it too strong, which vexes me because Newlamog is a crazy broken clock if he resolves. I personally will be looking for something with Ugin's Nexus.

I mean maybe with some kind of weird self mill thing, but i can't really imagine what deck wants self mill and has all those card types. Also can't imagine it could really race any kind of deck

that sounds like something that could be accomplished in a commander game.

Unfortunately it's just a very winmore card that isn't likely to see play outside of EDH. Maybe standard just cause I have no idea about the metagame in it but I feel like the other two Titans would do a better job for a similar cost. It's ok and would probably be fun to play, but it's not the most competitive option.

Dredge as I mentioned before could accomplish it, but Dredge has other tried and true ways of winning.

No, because if you defeat your opponent, you don't end your turn.

Can you play it during the opponent's turn which you control - thus taking away your opponent's next turn?

To expand on this, when someone is in a state where they would be considered to have lost it triggers a state based action that just immediately stops things where they were. Spells on the stack disappear and the game just ends.

It has Big Splashy Pre Release Fun Time card written all over it.

Yes and no. You would take an extra turn after the current turn you're controlling but if you dodge the 'lose the game' trigger (Platinum Angel, Sundial of the Infinite or other 'end turn' things) then they would still have their extra turn afterwards.

Pretty much, ya. But all the other art that's been spoiled has me interested.

I really want to see what the Gisela/Bruna fusion is in card form. I want the card for its art alone.

Also, the wildlife being all "The Thing" is cool as fuck.

It's really tingling my body horror fascination, it's fucking awesome.

Aye :p

Honestly, the card is good, and definite reanimation bait.

As for Emrakul being the "big bad" of the block is poor story-telling on WotC's part. We just had an entire block dedicated to the motherfucking Eldrazi, and now we get more. It would have been a lot better for them to wait a couple of years before bringing in emmy.

Tarmogoyf lists all the card types on it, Dipshit. Creature, Instant, Sorcery, Land, Artifact, Enchantment, Planeswalker, Tribal

of course i was just thinkign abotu the logistics is all

I was thinking Ugin's nexus Aswell. It would be a wonder full card this time around

Beat me to it, good man.

Calm your bitch tits, they were off the top of my head, I even mentioned the potential that i missed some. Now go find your fedora and comb your neck beard.

Just started playing again after 10 years, got the Khans of Tarkir deck how fucked am I, going to take alot of work to get anything reasonable but I wanted a Black/White mix deck.

Also any reasonable Red Gobo quick decks that don't require me to have to buy $100 Planewalker cards.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

>Disregard that I suck cocks.

If you want to play standard, Khans isn't in it, so you're fucked there. Do you want to play Goblins in Modern or standard? I don't think there are any in standard right now but for modern there's a deck called 8 Whack that doesn't use any planeswalkers and can be built on a pretty short budget.

here's the list for 8whack: mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-66-21-tix-modern-8-whack-goblins

To be fair, they bought Gygax's version but really so much has changed since then that the only thing really the same anymore is the name.

That's fair, I just felt like being a pedant. I played a bit of 5th ed and it's fun. Not like pathfinder or 2nd ed but it's a much bigger improvement from 4th edition.

Cheers for the info dude, wasnt aware of Khans not really all together with the rules, but then what is Khans used for?

Khans just rotated out of standard when Shadows Over Innistrad came out, so it was in standard. The cards in Khans can be used for modern, but i'd not recommend just buying a Khans Starter deck and running with that because chances are you will get crushed by any given modern deck. The sets that are in standard are:

Dragons of Tarkir
Magic Origins
Battle for Zendikar
Oath of the Gatewatch
Shadows Over Innistrad
and Eldritch Moon when that comes out.

Thanks again for helping a lazy scrub out a brave bit, gave me alot of informative reading to do.

Aqualung my friend!

No problem, the more people playing the game, the better imo.

also if you're ever wondering what sets are legal in standard, I recommend this website:
whatsinstandard.com/

Use Stranglehold and you're golden.