/Grimes/

Thread about prodigious Canadian dream pop musician Claire Elise Boucher also known as Grimes.

video of the now
youtube.com/watch?v=W4CYRuJTfac

Other urls found in this thread:

crackmagazine.net/2016/11/lo-recordings-compilation-feature-grimes-aphex-twin/
youtube.com/watch?v=XX_GJKwLEeI
forthebeat.com/blog/2010/09/interview-with-grimes/
instagram.com/p/BMssrC4Dq3z/
nme.com/blogs/nme-radar/speedy-ortiz-sadie-solo-interview-1846574
pitchfork.com/news/57467-ariel-pink-calls-grimes-stupid-and-retarded/
fasterlouder.junkee.com/ariel-pink-is-working-on-madonnas-new-album-they-need-something-edgy/840249
dailymotion.com/video/x4k3593
youtube.com/watch?v=SN0jg9_Uj4o&index=12&list=PLcfaZ5CnwvE_zULPVSpYTC8bDPIa5TMWS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>The two-disc set, entitled It’s Been Hell, consists of a first CD called 10 Good Tracks and a second with the title 10 Good Remixes. The former includes tracks by NZCA Lines, Rothko, and the aforementioned Grimes and Tom Furse while the latter includes an Aphex Twin remix of The Mike Flowers Pops’ Debase and lots more.
crackmagazine.net/2016/11/lo-recordings-compilation-feature-grimes-aphex-twin/

>Heartbeats
Good choice. That label is actually the one that released the Halfaxa edition with Heartbeats as bonus track (stuck somewhere in the middle of the album).

My beautiful sensitive producer
youtube.com/watch?v=XX_GJKwLEeI
I love you

>Grimes – Heartbeats

I think that that song belongs to Seb, as it was out with Halfaxa reissue?

Still nothing new, as it was already available even in flac, live versions was great too.

Afaik Heartbeats is NOT under Arbutus' control (if you check the artist-zombie reissue they did, it's not on there.)

I hope Gri will release the studio version of Saturn Princess.

David when?

i just want her to stop making this forced pop shit that shes been directed into.

i really dig older grimes stuff but the newer stuff doesnt do it for me. i guess thats normal for most artists but i just dont get the 'grimes vibe' from most of the newer material.

would like to meet her in person and talk to her about music TBQPH. i feel we make pretty similar shit.

Damn, why she didn't release a studio version for it? Such a good song doomed to be forever underrated and unpopular.

She hinted that she would like to make "slow" pop music now.

>i just want her to stop making this forced pop shit that shes been directed into.
Pop shit? Dude, as long the songs are great (and they are) it doesn't matter the genre. It could be country or soul, it doesn't really matter. Maybe you should try to get into pop if you really want to enjoy Art Angels.

>As she closes the door on this album, Boucher has a calmer project in mind for the next: “I’m really vibing on making something really slow and gorgeous that just breathes, and has room to breathe. I feel like my work has always been fast paced, kinetic, and almost just manic and I feel like for me the hardest thing I can do is make something that’s slow and heavy. I’m so ADD in my work; I really want to push myself into something that would be slower and more reflective.”

What is lewd about that picture? You didn't see legs before?

Haven't visited /Grimes/ due to Trump's win what did I miss?

Nothing essential.

shoes on the "table"
nothing
she did promo video for shillary, but after trump won she just retweeted some irrelevant info why trump is wrong. I guess she was busy lezing depression out of hannah montana.

Grimes is shit.

Grimes is the shit.

FIFY.

>lezing depression out of hannah montana
wdhmbt

>i guess thats normal for most artists but i just dont get the 'grimes vibe' from most of the newer material.

>what do you have in mind when you’re making music?
>bah this is a tricky question haha, um. I tend to either have a lot in mind or nothing in mind at all. Generally speaking, there are a series of things in my life that I become obsessed with at any given time (during the making of Geidi Primes I was particularly influenced by my escape into science fiction and the study of the physical sciences). And whatever my weird mood might be I tend to abstractly create some kind of homage to it artistically and, at this point in my life, that happens to be through music.
forthebeat.com/blog/2010/09/interview-with-grimes/

Basically it's just a matter of time before she iterates to another stylistic idiom that you like (imo probably sooner rather than later given )

Yeah, Claire is not going to repeat herself. Her next album is very important in establishing her legacy. If it will be great, she will be a household name like Bjork or PJ Harvey.

Grimes finally caved and adopted a dog of her own. That's about it.
instagram.com/p/BMssrC4Dq3z/

what did grimes say about this man's comments?

>man's

got mad at her for shilling for hillary
bad grimes

no peanut butter on her celery for a week

Maybe nothing. He's not relevant to even give a damn about him.

stfu

she said life or death and we still living senpai
bad grimes

when is she gonna release the leftovers from the scrapped album b4 AA

Listening to Grimes? God, you're stupid and retarded.

AP was just envious of her success and talent. He will never be as good as Grimes and that made him mad.

He said he didn't like Madonna's music and Grimes called him a sexist for it because she is in fact stupid and retarded.

Sadie Dupuis from Speedy Ortiz mentioned Grimes recently:

>You wrote, recorded and produced ‘Slugger’ on your own. Do you think people are still surprised, or even intimidated, by women who are musically self-sufficient in that way?

>I didn’t do everything myself, but there are plenty of people who are producers, like Grimes, who don’t let anyone touch it. It baffles me, I guess, that people are still surprised that women are capable people with vast interests. I never understand that – people who immediately want to discredit women who work in technical areas of music, but it’s not surprising, I suppose.

nme.com/blogs/nme-radar/speedy-ortiz-sadie-solo-interview-1846574

is this true? Didn't know she was so reactionary

pitchfork.com/news/57467-ariel-pink-calls-grimes-stupid-and-retarded/

lol she's cute and makes good music but she's pretty dumb sometimes

Yeah that was stupid, I don't know how she connected sexism with his dislike of her music

Maybe she overreacted. Why people bring up this story so often? It was a thing in the past.

So it'll be more like halfaxa and geidi primes then. Awesome

Maybe it will be like the last 2 songs from Visions (Skin & Know the Way). Or maybe something completely new.

grimey grimey grime grime
grimes

Gonna quote myself from a previous thread:

Grimes wasn't dissing Ariel Pink's "downward slide" opinion of Madonna's care. She was dissing the blatantly mysoginistic way he was describing Madonna's career in general. Go read the original comments made by both of them. The p4k article linked here is EXACTLY why musicians like Grimes hate entities like Pitchfork - because they're morons with bullhorns.

>“Interscope are calling me to help write Madonna’s record,” Pink revealed in an interview with FL’s Doug Wallen.”They need something edgy. They need songwriting. She can’t just have her Avicii, her producers or whatever, come up with a new techno jam for her to gyrate to and pretend that she’s 20 years old. They actually need songs. I’m partly responsible for that return-to-values thing,”
fasterlouder.junkee.com/ariel-pink-is-working-on-madonnas-new-album-they-need-something-edgy/840249

This is what she was commenting on - the sort of mindset that sees absolutely nothing wrong with describing Madonna's central career values as 'gyrating to techno music while pretending to be a 20-year-old' while simultaneously claiming to be gunning for a job as her next producer. NOT his opinions on the quality (or lack thereof) of Madonna's recent music.

>The p4k article linked here is EXACTLY why musicians like Grimes hate entities like Pitchfork - because they're morons with bullhorns.
Exactly. It's easy to jugde someone in a wrong way if you don't have all the details. Most publications = clickbait.

Protest album against Trump WHEN?

Tainting art with politics. Grimes wouldn't go so low.

Grimes keeps the politics separate from her music. She only incorporates general political elements (e.g. Butterfly).

People are paying to see this?

Yes. That was early in her career, she was unexperienced and had big stage fright. However, she's much better live now. Watch this clip from 2016: dailymotion.com/video/x4k3593

Nothing in that is misogynistic but either way nobody's perfect

This comment should be posted every time someone will bring up that AP-Grimes conflict again.

He's basically saying Madonna's whole career and accomplishments only exist because of outside help from male producers and that she doesn't have anything to do with it.

>implying anything AP said here is untrue

I mean it's not too far off from the truth

grems

youtube.com/watch?v=SN0jg9_Uj4o&index=12&list=PLcfaZ5CnwvE_zULPVSpYTC8bDPIa5TMWS

sǝɯıɹƃ

wtf are those shoes?

AF1s

Is Grimes "sweeter than a sugercane"? Her personality, of course.

and i thought she had shit taste in footwear before from her copious use of adidas slides.

she's like a cheap rum

sweet for a microsecond, but then you cringe from the bitterness and the aftertaste reminiscent of plastic.

Lol I suspect she'd take that as a compliment.