Why is psychedelic rock so big in Japan if psychedelics have always been next to impossible to find there?

Why is psychedelic rock so big in Japan if psychedelics have always been next to impossible to find there?

And why did the early Japanese psych scene have a hard-on for French culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome
youtu.be/G8SQDq4kcjE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can understand psych pretty well without the drugs desu

i've never done psychs and psychrock is my fav genre
sure its the same for them

True but psychedelics make it an experience

Most the Jap psych isn't hippy stuff like the american psych, it's crazy avant garde shit that would probably scare someone to death on LSD back then.

for starters, it's not like they decided to call it psychedelic rock themselves, the music they made just came from a bout of inspiration

they have a very repressed culture from the outside looking in, so it would not be a surprise to me at all to find that noise rock and harsh psych was their way to break free of this

It already is an experience for us with naturally psychedelic minds. :)

it's rooted in the avant garde. they were probably inspired by early noise rock pioneering outfits such as the velvet underground. also performance artists like yoko ono, who were stylistically linked to what would be considered experimental or even noise music, if not acid folk sounding stuff... it's no wonder that japanese noise rock and later japanoise were direct offsprings of the japanese psych rock scene...

Is it really that good?
I'm kind of afraid since I have a pretty big problem with anxiety and paranoia.

yes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome
Japs have a hardon for France in general

Honestly, weed gives you worst paranoia and anxiety then psychedelics do (on a reasonable amount, obviously)

nah don't bother taking it if u have anxiety. it will fuck you up and make you confront it
if you do end up taking psychs get a sitter to guide you.

trust me bad trips will bring out all the fears without no escape for you

I've smoked it before but I was surrounded by good friends so I guess I didn't feel it that bad.
Honestly I'm just scared of hearing or seeing my father in hell.
Is that a common bad trip? I have a feeling i'd become a religious fanatic if I took it.

if u can take it surrounded by good friends you can probably make peace with your father during the trip and come out a better person.

good "vibes' is the key tbqh

That does sound appealing.
All i've got to do is make good friends again...

For many people it's like therapy.
you should probably try a small dose of shrooms first though.

Japs def had access to psychs, not too long ago you could still buy peyote buttons for "decoration only"

eat shit you fucking hippie

Buy AL-LAD with bitcoin from indoleshop or Lysergi. It's an analogue of LSD but less paranoia and more visuals. Great for beginner trippers.

Would mescaline be as good? Cause I have a few plants in my backyard which I could use.

always wanted to do this but i have no idea where to even start

Don't do what he said, research chems are dangerous and not much is known about them. He's probably a shill. Check out /r/darknetmarkets and look for a guide. I recommend AlphaBay

i wasn't the guy he was responding to initially...i have pretty extensive experience with psychedelics (and rcs) i've just always been curious about buying from the darknet

all of it just seems waaay too complicated, as in i don't even know how to go about getting bitcoins. i guess i'm just old

Shrooms are everywhere in J-land fellow mutant

shrooms were legal in the 90s in japan for a hot sec I think

It's pretty simple. PO box is optional, but the first step. Then, make a localbitcoins account and acquire bitcoins through a western union transfer or your preferred method. Then download pgp, make your own key. Then create a market account and send your bitcoins through a blender to your acct. encrypt your address with pgp (vendor's key) and send it to the vendor. It's all quite simple. Google is your friend lazy bastard

i dunno about blindly trusting the first search result i get

also i don't understand 3/4 of what you just said (outside of it's simple)

thanks for trying to explain it though user (not being facetious at all)
i guess you just can't teach an old dog new tricks

AL-LAD is actually pretty safe. It's extremely similar to LSD in molecular structure. A Harvard chemist named Alexander Shulgin, known for for creating MDMA and countless psychedelic compounds even endorsed it in his book THIKAL. LSD analogues like ALD-52, 1P-LSD, AL-LAD and ETH-LAD are pretty safe and probably have similar risk potential to LSD. Fuck, ALD-52 was discovered by the same guy who discovered LSD. I'd recommend only using those. You don't know what you're getting when you buy acid off the streets. RC vendors tell you exactly what you're getting. Try any of those you won't regret it. Make sure to start with one blotter.

Mescaline will give you a huge body load. DESU acid is the best way to go. It's more clear headed, stronger, and energetic. If you take mescaline, you'll be puking your fucking guts out. And probably start freaking out. But if you think you can handle it, go for it.

one of the gayest things I've read in my entire life

My mom passed away recently, I was looking in the mirror and my face turned into hers.
It made me cry but other than that you're fine. I have yet to have a bad trip, but so far, whenever i get anxious on acid i feel lie its easy to force yourself to feel better by changing the song you're listening to or going and doing something else.

watch this. This will show you how grandpa.
youtu.be/G8SQDq4kcjE

thx sonny

I have awful anxiety, but i did about 2.5 grams of shrooms and tripped hard, there was a certain point where I felt a bad trip coming on but i was still able to overload myself with positive thoughts and i was back to feeling good in like 30 seconds.

i'm confident you can do that too, obviously i don't know your personal situation, but as long as you're with people you like and in a great environment you'll be fine