Ok Sup Forums

Ok Sup Forums
I want to lose some weight and get some abs,
I am 5"11
weigh about 185 pounds

I know I should go gym and stuff but I am too fucking lazy. Anyone here know some home workouts or some ways I can motivate myself to go.
I went for like 4 months but I didn't really see a difference so I stopped.

>inb4 look at this gay fag

>pic not related

>I went for like 4 months but I didn't really see a difference so I stopped.

that sounds like you're trying.

Going to the gym half heartedly does shit. and further more its not about the gym, its about exercise and DIET DIET DIET.

you should weight around a healthy 165. Go buy arnolds schwarts new work out book, go to /fit/ and read their "how to lose weight", get a gym membership(a gym within 5 miles), find a workout buddy to go with you.

Just fucking do it or you'll be a fat fuck and that's your choice. You have the motivation if you just DO IT, but instead you CHOOSE to stay the same instead of CHOOSING to better yourself.

Its just a choice. just do it and go all in and get the rewards you want, or don't. Its not like anyone cares besides yourself.

Yeah I guess. I just lose motivation when I don't see results quickly

Just get some steroids man no need to workout

getting abs is 100% about diet. you can situp till you break your spine and it wont do shit. you have to get your body fat down through a proper diet in order to see ab muscles. means going on a purely paleo diet and cutting all the sodas and trans fat bullshit out of your life.

for home workouts start by downloading an app that tracks your distance walked and calories burned. you should be aiming for at least 15 miles a week and doing your walking/jogging on opposite days.

on the days you arnt jogging/power walking, do jumping jacks or get a jumprope.

if you really wanna spice things up, download a cardio video program like CIZE that lets you dance the weight off. its more fun to do and has results

also, it takes a minimum of 3 months to see results.

yeah I feel that. do what i said. Make sure you actually diet accordingly and furthermore adjust the diet so you at least enjoy your meals, otherwise its just torture :)

You can do it dude, anyone can do it and yeah it does take time but stick with it, don't cheat, find an enjoyable diet, and you'll be there

Chip away everyday and you'll have what you want

Thanks man this really helped!

Yeah I'm checking there out now

Keep a workout journal and record your progress. You'll be amazed looking back on day 1 at the bullshit you thought was exercise.

Yeah I will try. Might take pictures as well

Don't go there. Please. There's already enough lazy people who want results without having to do work. Just give up already if you don't have motivation. No body cares that you tried only that you made it.

Play a hard game. Every time you fail or succeed at an objective, do ten reps of the hardest exercise you can think of for various body parts. Repeat. In five days I went from chubbyfat to built playing Bloodborne and exercising every death/level up

>5 days

sure you did buddy

fuck you?

You really don't see the results early, stupid. However, 4 months should have been an acceptable time. Just stop half-assing your way through exercises and do them properly and regularly. Fuck.

I know I know im a beta fuck

Being a nineteen year old and eating pretty much nothing but oatmeal, milk, and seitan helped.

doesnt matter. its physically impossible. the human body is too resistant. it takes a minimum of 3 months to see even the slightest of changes

May not be possible but do u happen to work at a mean nothing job. I used to work at a call centre for 4 years got fat 230 lbs. Got laid off went to work at a saw mill 9 month later today I weigh 170. Never went to the gym

I'm not going to argue with you, because it will get nowhere, but I know my own progress, and I went from being able to barely do five regular chin-ups in a row to being able to do ten one-arm pull-ups in a row in that time span, and my body fat drastically decreased.

I am in college atm
Hopefully gonna get a job as a butcher

cool story but its physically impossible. 4 years of weight training, diet and nutrition, and physical health classes here. you cant cheat science with made up shit. you probably had more protein in your system when you tried to do the one arm pullups opposed to the chinups.

Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. Heres what Ive been doing for the past month or 2:
>Drink a gallon of water everyday
>Consume ~700-1000 calories a day
Lost me like 15lbs so far. That big of a deficit in calories probably isn't too healthy, but it gets results in a pleasing manner. Just reprogram your brain and take the enjoyment out of eating. Think of it only as another chore, like washing the dishes.
Working out is more supplementary, it shouldn't be done as your your main means of losing weight.

eat clean. the end.

I pretty much did that last summer. I basically lived on tuna and water. Probably wasn't good for my body at all

I figure if you dont live like that for years, but only for a few months, then once you start eating a reasonable amount again to maintain weight, the body should go back to normal and reverse negative affects. Maybe.

I normally am against the common person taking vitamin supplements, but I figure since my diet consists of chicken breast with salt/pepper, plain oatmeal with cinnamon powder, and plain cheerios (same meal everyday), some multivitamin might be worth looking into.

Yeah I'm not too keen on taking supplements but I can totally understand why you'd want to

You want to see some results? out run your fucking fat like a trooper. that's what I did

and now youre going to die of mercury poisoning rofl

yep, pretty much

Yep and if your gonna try the gym with a half asked approach expect them to not be as polite.

Yeah I need to

Fatass here. I have 1-2 small sandwiches a day. I'm tired of putting effort into working out when I can just starve myself, which is 100x easier.

invest in some MSM. itll purge shit metaloids out of your body that cause you harm. the first 2 weeks on that shit sucks fat fucking dick though. it basically puts you into detox mode as it purges the shit out of you

The only way people at the gym will get pissed off with me is if I try to do weights and suck

starving yourself slows your metabolism down and forces your body to store more fat. good luck with that one

I feel fine though. I literally eat a can a day

I've done it before and it worked. I basically became anorexic so I started eating too much out of fear, then I got used to it and became a fat fuck again.

Keto diet.
Look it up.
It fucking works.

Although I agree with all your saying 3 months I don't. I agree he has no idea what he's saying but muscle memory helps to an extent I saw dramatic changes (concidering it being a month)after going back for a month not like what he's saying but I did build up quicker the second time over and i would say it's muscle memory.

well thats what happens. you starve yourself then when you stop your body rebounds by making you gorge out again to compensate

The only reason I started eating so much was because I got way too thin, then I got used to eating like a pig and gained ~ 40KG in the last year.

Calories depends on body size and shape and exercise level im at 3400 maintenance so anything under 2 I would loose muscle too fast and my body wouldn't be able to function for my needs.

Torrent these workouts.

P90x - Resistance training for strength
DDP Yoga - Flexibility, weight loss,
Insanity- Pure cardio

All have Ab training involved.

you were probably eating differently

working out is almost all about diet

OP here fuck me I need to learn to cook
Shit sucks

eat less calories than you burn, you can't beat physics. Cut out soda and fatty foods for max results and eat as much salad as you can, carbs are also fine.

Don't eat until you're hungry for a while and when you do really appreciate every bite and chew more

Don't do cardio to lose weight, push weights with high reps. Push ups are good but nothing burns fat like creating muscle.

That's not true at all. I'm a very regular gym goer and the only people who get bullied are rthoes who think they know everything and look like shit and thoes who give no effort. The ones praise are thoes who turn up and try. There's nothing to laugh about someone benching weak but benching wrong and heavy is just funny af. Don't be scared to drop the weight and look at your form constantly.

actually youre supposed to eat continuously all day long

eating only 3 meals causes blood sugar spikes. if you continuously eat, your metabolism is always working

I'm just scared that I will go to do weights at the gym and make a fool of myself

Wrong reply...

(You) #
That's not true at all. I'm a very regular gym goer and the only people who get bullied are rthoes who think they know everything and look like shit and thoes who give no effort. The ones praise are thoes who turn up and try. There's nothing to laugh about someone benching weak but benching wrong and heavy is just funny af. Don't be scared to drop the weight and look at your form constantly.

The only advice I can seriously give any input on, is to make sure you have proper form in any exercise you attempt. Form is half the workout, especially if you have a workout buddy who will keep your form in check. Watch you go from sets of 5, 10 reps, into 3 sets, max.

Other than that, try to find someone who's as down to go as often as you, if not more. A training buddy is essential in some cases.

I bought a pair of adjustable dumbells, a bench and a pull up bar off amazon. Cost a few hundred $. But compared to a couple years of gym membership, not too bad. Anyway, between that, running and body weight exercises (crunches, pushups, pull ups), i get a pretty good workout and have put on some muscle

I've always had a similar diet except when I wanna bump up the weight a bit but generally healthy anyway. All I'm saying you can see a difference in shorter under some circumstances. Not fat to built but or fat to Coleman but you can. After years you won't see new gains as much for my experience. After 6 or 7 months the gains were so small and that's where I find oeople find it the hardest to stay motivated.

read the sticky

On /fit/? I did, pretty interesting stuff

Jerk off, that's how i do it....

Sounds like it is better for me tbh.

Oh, you will, that's assured.
But it's assured for everyone, pretty much. No one will give you a second look if you fuck up, because it's expected.
It's when you're jacked and still being an idiot that folks will film you and send it to quarter squat gang

I know.. If you're eating right you'll be hungry every two hours anyway, I tried going vegan once, I ate all day and was constantly hungry

Yeah I suppose that's true

>dubs doesn't lie

Well, in the event that you're serious, you must be some fucking genetic abomination.

Ask people about the correct form.. youtube form for particular exercises, and start with a small weight, when you start to lose form (because the weight is too high) you should drop down until your form is good again.

Also don't fuck about, if you do a set, wait 10 minutes, do another set etc, you're not getting the max, an intense 30 minute workout with occasionaly short breaks is better than a long drawn out 2 hour waste of time.

wrong.

just wrong, if your eating right and lifting weights and really pushing yourself. takes 4 weeks ish to see results in yourself, and roughly 8 weeks for others to see a change in you.

FOR OP: Just regulate your eating, its 80% of the problem also lift weights, for to kmart and buy a dumbell/barbell set for like $100. lifting weights has a very positive effect on your metabolism.

Eat regular foods, not stupid diets coz you wont keep it up. Subsitute white foods for brown foods, ie rice, have lean meats. pork is good. and chicken. dont eat to much carbs past 5pm, but allow most of your carbs for breakfast, carbs are good for you! Your body has just been fasting all night.

or just dont be cheap and go to the gym and pay for a diet consolation

Depends if your skinny fat or just skinny. I'm (inb4 Manlet) 5,7 and 175 with abs but could skinny down to 160-165 for maximum definition and doing core doesn't just give you abs if you have belly fat. If you do core with belly fat it'll make your belly look bigger cause your muscle is built under muscle. So sounds like you should lost weight and do more core and do chest shoulders back legs and arms so you don't look like a pussy with abs

are you retarded?

1st off> everybodies body is different
2nd> 'roughly' 4 weeks is almost 3 months
3rd>every single diet plan, workout plan, diet company, etc says 3 months because everybodies bodies respond differently and this is the average time it takes to see real results, not psychological ones

your body thinks your in a situation where you dont get alot of food, and is all like, fuck we dont eat much, better store all the fats so this fucker doesnt die.

then you crack and eat a dinner box to yourself and cry into the .24.

this, if you train your body that it will have the energy it needs it will stop storing fat as emergency energy reserves.

There's no way he is. It's like the dude on fit the other night that said he looked better than zzyz but had no muscle and was skinny fat as fuck. These people are just delusional.

Did you even read his post? If you've ever worked out consistently. You yourself will notice change in 4 weeks and others will >notice< at around 8 weeks

did you call me retarded and then say 4 weeks is 3 months?

like really ?

how long do you think a week is..

>4 weeks is almost 3 months
I truly hope this is bait

most workout plans say 3 months not because it takes that long to SHOW progress, but if you do it correctly after 3 months your metabolism and shit starts to change. and psychologically your in the habit of working out now and more likely to keep it up.

why would you come online and tell lies? who even does that.

Don't listen to this guy, like at all.

>maybe

Don't give advice on the internet when you have no idea what you're talking about

this is how not to do it. You will yoyo weight this way, meaning after you're half wasting away and decide to gorge yourself with food, you'll be fatter than you were when you started the whole process.

I burned off 30 lb in a month and a half for wrestling. Safe to say I say results

Eating much much less is horrible for your metabolism. If anything, eat every couple hours but something small. Like half a burrito, a small bowl of oatmeal, grilled chicken salad. This is good for your metabolism it speeds it up (if your working out or active throughout the day) but your body's number 1 goal is survive. In your head you wanna make gains.

Real starving sucks. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.