Cute snake thread

cute snake thread

Nice. Hate BPs as a rule, but pieds are kinda neat looking.

Been a long while since I've kept snakes, but this one was my favorite.

Here's one of my hateful little monocled cobras as a baby.

And here's one of my puff adders.

:)

Hognosed snakes are kinda adorable.

Why own venomous snakes?

You never know when you'll need to kill someone in the fashion of a comic book villain.

Why not?

lol

Because they can kill you? Seriously, I'm not shitting on you for having those snakes, I'm genuinely curious. If you're milking them for antivenom, I get that. I just don't see the point in having a pet you can't chill with.

Is that one shedding its skin?

The average pit bull or Rottweiler can also easily kill a person. Some people "chill" with their venomous snakes and free-handle them, but they're morons who are just asking to get envenomated. They're just fascinating to watch, and there is a certain thrill when you have to physically deal with them. There's just something about being stared down by a pissed off cobra that really gets the adrenaline pumping.

Yeah, she was getting ready to.

I can understand that.

Okay, I was wondering if I had guessed correctly.

Also, I'm pretty sure that any venom collecting is generally done by professionals in controlled conditions. I don't think any antivenin manufacturers would accept venom from the average Joe. I could be wrong, though.

Okay, since I think we're just talking to each other in the thread, I'll make a confession. I love both rats and snakes. I don't have a problem with snakes eating, of course. But yeah, there's a bit of cognitive dissonance.

I'm not any particular fan of rodents, but I don't like the idea of anything needlessly suffering. I bought my feeders from a large business that shipped them frozen to my door. Almost never fed live. Here's a hybrid anaconda I used to have.

to give an idea of her size

I had a pet rat who was my nigga in college, so I get sentimental.
Is that a piglet? How many snakes do you have?

Yeah, it's a piglet. I live in the heart of Amish country, so it wasn't hard to find farms willing to sell piglets that just didn't make it for whatever reason. I don't have any snakes now. Sure I'll get back into it some day, though.

She looks lovely. I'd hold her.

Don't assume the snake prefers female pronouns just because it has ovaries, shitlord.

Check your privilege.

She was a bit of a cunt. I only handled her when I took her outside to get some sun and exercise, and I never gave her much of a chance to really get ahold of me. She was big enough to do some serious damage if she wanted to.

Heh, I'm the same way with rats. Where did your snakes go?