Having trouble deciding which branch I should go into, Sup Forums. Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy?

Having trouble deciding which branch I should go into, Sup Forums. Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy?

Marines don't be a bitch.
>Strive to become Marine or Navy Pilot though they are the best.

Im in the Air Force. Its probably the best branch in terms of how well people are treated. Best bonuses as well. Most of the people I know who've transfered from other branches say they love it here.

>Best bonuses as well
Like what?

Depends on what you want to do in the military.

Naval aircrew man right here, 3 years outta highschool. Loving every single moment. Enlisted. Also, never will I step foot on a shitty boat

Doesnt matter. you'll be self righteous for a while then when you get back youll act like its so hard back in the states. Don't be a pussy. Your country doesn't care about you so do what you can to get the most out of your time. Go air force.

>Depends on what you want to do in the military.
What is the best option?
>Naval aircrew
Difficult? How did you get that position.?

We get better renlistment bonuses, all kinds of chances for special duty pay, im getting Overseas pay, and im stationed in Alaska. We also have a pretty diverse bunch of jobs. Im a Fighter Mechanic, but you can do pretty much anything. Even Spec Ops. Pararescue and Combat Controllers are some of the toughest fuckers in the world.

FC in the Navy. I get paid to blow shit up, and fix the shit that blows shit up.

I'm also in the Air Force, we tend to get better rooms when deployed. Better accommodations in general. Less of our force I'd Frontline but it's something some of us want anyway. You can do lots of stuff. I've been in 13 years and enjoy it still

Taking DLAB tomorrow, just fuck my shit up

We got something like that in the AF too. Special Missions Aviator. Both the tail gunner and mechanic for Pave Hawks, Ospreys and some even get assigned to AC130's.

I'm af guy too, you wouldn't be tdy right now out of Alaska, would you?

WOW LOOK AT ALL THESE PEOPLE IN THE MILITARY
NOW I WANT TO JOIN THEY MAKE IT SOUND SO GOOD

>WOW LOOK AT ALL THESE PEOPLE IN THE MILITARY NOW I WANT TO JOIN THEY MAKE IT SOUND SO GOOD
Who hurt you, user?

AF guy. Nah, it's not for everyone, and you may enjoy a different branch way more, we're just sharing our experiance and it seems overall positive

DON'T JOIN ITS A TRICK

I did 5 years USMC and hated every second. It's not nearly all the glory it's hyped up to be.

If you're enlisting, go Air Force. They overall get better perks, plus you'll rank up in basically any MOS faster than other branches.

I try not to even bring up being a veteran. People are ducking obnoxious when they hear you're a Marine. Plus I have no battle stories. Enjoying the fuck out of the GI bill though.

coast guard recovers all those tons of cocaine that traffickers dump oveeboard when they know theyre gonna get searched. profit.

..my dad.
You got time to talk? Or do you have another thread to be in?

Seems like recruiting to me.

Volunteer at your nearest VA mental hospital if you want to actually do something for your country. They'll appreciate it a lot more than if you just serve. Ask them about the military, not the recruiter or your uncle who served in between wars. Don't think it will be a solid negative opinion. I've met a few that swear up and down that the military ruined their lives, but they will say there are positives.

Fuck. Just talk to more people than your recruiter and completely anonymous strangers.

This. Do not join the Army, it's shit. Do not join the Marine Corps, it's shit. Navy is a close second, my brother is in currently but he works on a sub = hell.

>join the damn air force.

Dont join its a trap

Everyone is a recruiter. It's an odd initiative started a few years ago.
I think if service is something that calls to you then look into it.
Like the Marine up there said, he didn't like it and got out, it's not for everyone

>..my dad.
Free your heart, Sup Forumsro

I'm in the airforce, still in tech school for Intel and I can honestly say we have it a lot better on base than the other branches. The army gets treated like a bunch of children and the marines in my class are ways complaining about how they can never do anything because they are always in trouble.

AF guy. Accurate

Join the French foreign legion like a real man

nuh uh, in the navy and air force they make you stay up all night on the first night
>its hardcore :^)

only problem with chair force is they literally dont tolerate criminals or lpwer test score standards. so you have to actually be smart and not a criminal. but yeah, laughable deployment length 6 months, lavish digs, terriffic food, hot bitches. class a still skirts for af hoes?

Any particular reason you want to become a welfare whore? Can't cut it in the real world?

Don't you worry little buddy, we get treated like shit too. 1n or 2n?

Asked for it. Then you have to go through a training school in Florida. I've gotta a pretty badass job if it gets real. I run a radar and camera, our overall mission is anti submarine warfare.

I did Coast Guard - some parts sucked but other parts were really awesome (sent me to San Fran for duty was cool). MAKE SURE YOU GET HONORABLE DISCHARGE OR YOU WILL BE FUCKED FOR LIFE. Also: They don't pay as much for college as they make it sound like- more like 1/2 what they said :(((

This is actually a pretty brilliant idea

2n, I'm about 30 days from finishing.

Alaska? Where you go?

I have changed my mind. Please recruit harder.

Dont listen to what recruiting tells you about your mos they will try and sell you anything to get you in. If you're going to do it go officer you'll still deal with bs but you will get paid for it.

You'll probably enjoy it and won't get too much random shit behind the vault doors. I got a few buddies there

Nah, don't join then. I'd rather you know that you don't want to do it now rather than join and be stuck for 4 to 6 years if you hate it

it's been really interesting so far. Just a bunch of puzzles really.

I was being serious. It means less fucktards on this boards.

go navy... air force is horrible brainwashing.

ITT: Non-Marine Pussies

Actually that's a good point. No matter what any branch recruiter tells you, you may or may not get what is promised. But anything that's in your contract you are guaranteed. And don't let them bs you, any thing can be put into your contract. Anything. Rank, base location, bonus, anything. But if it's only promised but not there, you may not get it.
I'm stressing this because I've seen people get orders, have to reenlist to accept them, have them not be in the orders, and as soon as their reenlistment is finalized, their orders get canceled

nice roll. i guess his choice is made.

Navy IT here(on an LHD)

Join the AirForce. It might take ages but it's worth it.

My girlfriend is Airforce and they have it so nice.

The only good thing about the Navy is getting out and getting a good job on the outside.

We have marines on board and I wish I was a fucking marine sometimes. All you have to do is work out, muster, and get yelled at.

join the army

we can wear black socks, roll our sleeves, and wear headphones while in the gym

Can't argue with trips. But there is a bit of brainwashing with every branch. Any "life on the line" job anywhere will spin it so you have the most amazing, best, impact full job.

I was enlisted in the army for 9 years. It wasn't that bad, just find a job that you want to do and find the service that offers it. Any branch will give you post 9/11 gi bill, which is the best part.

I've got a friend on the first all female sub and she loves it. Both her parents were air force officers but she enlisted navy

Join the navy, but only for the skivvies. Worth it. Also the gear and stuff isnt covered in that shitty "go army look at us with our brown camo". The backpack is actually really good for hiking and you don't have to deal with people constantly going "are you in the military?"

I lul'd

I got a 75lb camel back back pack in 2003 and it still in great shape after all this time going on all my trips for work and personal, and ruck running with it. It's quality stuff

ooooo damn i want on that boat so fucking bad. theyd break my dick in. half.

I made 8,000$ on our last deployment from selling cigarettes to Marines for 50$ a pack.

If I was really bored sometimes I would stand in front of random doors and wait for Marines to line up behind me after I told them free ice cream. I'd eventually leave and watch as an e-7 grill them all.

Double double double lol!

Loves being on a sub? Did she just join, or something?

No offense but I heard of enthusiasm like that in a while

Until they all sync up and it becomes a nightmare. But it could be a dream if they could all keep it out of the CO'S ears

Biased Coastie here. I'm obviously gonna say Coast Guard. I have met a surprising amount of Navy and Marine vets that joined the CG and say that it's the best time they have had out of any other branch. You have to experiment though. I would recommend going to fleet week and stepping aboard a Navy vessel or a Coast Guard Cutter and seeing which you like. Take day visits to bases and ask all the different people from different branches about their experience. I was gonna go Marines but after hearing how shitty they are treated WELL after graduating boot camp, and I'm talking people who have made the Marines into a career, I said fuck that. I finally settled on Coast Guard. Did my 8 weeks at Cape May. Did MK "A" school. And now I'm 2 years in, currently an MK2 on an 87' Marine Protector Class and loving life ever since. Hope this helps you.

Fuggg

I wish I went Coast Guard. I'm not the type to roast other branches so I wouldn't give a fuck about being called a pussy either. I'm jealous if someone has it easier than me. More power to them.

I just did Fleet Week in New York. Shit was fucking amazing.

It's been about a year since she got picked up. I don't know if it went out commercial, but she showed me in the official navy release

How does committing to a certain branch work? When can you decide that where you are at isn't for you and switch?

user said they wanted to join the military, what's a coastie doing in here?

Dirtbag Airman reports.
Get fucking air force crypto lingo. The reenlistment bonus is over 70000. No bullshit, my best friend got it. It's a six year contract, you get E3 upon graduation from BMT *or twenty weeks in*

Hey op, armyfag here. Don't join the army or marines, it's bullshit all day everyday, you'll develop an alcohol problem and be bitter at the world more than likely. If you must join go for the navy. I've got a couple of friends in the navy and they're treated like royalty compared to us. If you just want to kill people then wait until the next war because there's a very slim chance that you'll get to right now.

Zozzle

You can switch, but it's infinitely more difficult to switch branches rather than start in one you like. I'm af guy and I've seen maybe less than a dozen go blue to green (air force to army) and all those guys fly helicopters now because they had the degree in the af but couldn't commission; and a few go blue to red (army) and those two went some type of ground force officer with I guess the equivalent of a field commission (?)

Well it really all depends on how you look at things. I live on the cutter so wherever the cutter goes, I go, but if I got shore assignments then I would have to pick a base to stay at. All cutters have a home port. The one I'm on is currently homeported in Portsmouth VA but sometimes you just get a shitty billet and have to deal with it. Sometimes people get all the way through training and decide they fucking hate it. It all depends. I signed on my senior year of HS, i went to MEPS and they swore me into the DEP program which basically made me theirs. I'm assuming your not so it's really simple. Just call up a recruiter and ask about what opportunities they have for you.

AF guy, 13 years in. No joke can confirm. It's an enlistment and reenlistment bonus. Theyre at a 6 or 7 bonus now. They multiply that bonus number but how many years you sign for then times your base pay and it caps out at 97000. So it can be serious money. You get half up front and the other half spaced out over the number of years you signed for on your enlistment anniversary

Army: 0
Marines: 2
Air Force: 5
Coast Guard: 2
Navy: 4

Well. user is probably doing more in the coast guard than any other branch right now. Its not wartime so the other branches are just standing around with their dicks in their hands.

Back to back dub 77s. Today's my lucky day!

Yeah fleet week is fucking swag. And I love all the branches. They all have their place. I just wanted to save and help people more than I wanted to kill and harm.

Look up some recent video of the b52 blowing up isis.
But since 2005 it's been a lot of me doing dick holding with a few breaks to do fun stuff, I'll give you that.

AF guy and the guy giving the coastie shit. Same guy, if that throws off your vote count there.
But, for the most part, we all give each other shit across branches. I've never seen it come to blows or anything because we're all serving in different ways but all on the same team. And that's what gives even the coast guard the ok to call the marine a jarhead

In the Navy our version is CTN. The Cryptologic field is where it's at.

I used to be a CTN before I was re-rated to IT. But one day I picked up a nice 95mph speeding ticket and lost my Top Secret clearance and I couldn't do shit without it. I was able to get my clearance back eventually but I miss being a CTN. I had a shore command in Hawaii and CTNs rarely go on ships. If they do you ate your own boss and it's only for a few weeks.

One of my friends in my A-school was kicked out 60% of the way through school and ditched the Navy and picked up a 120,000$ a year job for just getting 60% through the school. That's why the bonus is so high.

The hints are in the picture. The Navy, Marines and Coast Guard stick to their roots and still use the seal, the army is just one big advertisement and brand name and the air force is a a funny joke.

>Good pay, best duty stations, best civilian prospects
Air Force
>Good pay, travel, laid-back by comparison
Navy
>Backbone of the military, standard work, standard jobs and travel
Army
>Lowest of the low with worst equipment and duty stations as well as few post-career prospects and higher chance of PTSD
Marines
>Like Navy but stay close to home
Coast Guard

HI! what about the special forces in the army? Is that worth it if one desires to join? What about the Airforce? Does that have a SOF?

Dude, bangin for both of you still.
That ts is expensive! I'm surprised they got it back for you. It's crazy what dumb stuff can put your clearance in jeopardy.
I've got a friend who's wife went through 2 weeks of navy basic, got kicked out for being "injured" because she met a guy when they were headed to basic on the bus and didn't come back home after her discharge. She stayed with the dude for a week before her husband called her parents asking how she was doing and they were like "um, you tell me, she's with you" so he turned on her phone finder and found them in the house not that far from where they lived. Yay

Ugh, you can see that this dude knows he's fucked. Not in any branch, now

Are you
If you are, I get it. We all play jokes on each other. Some more than others. I actually had a marine throw a brick at me walking out of a CGX one day and call me a "gay coastie faggot". Hit me in the ribs, broke the second one down on the right, hurt like hell. But jokes on him, I got leave and a Master Chief saw it all go down. Needless to say the marine was, not only a PFC, but was dishonorably discharged for assaulting another military personnel.

Air force has TACP and Para rescue ,then we have a special group called RAVENS

Ya, that's me

chair force

>If you are, I get it. We all play jokes on each other. Some more than others. I actually had a marine throw a brick at me walking out of a CGX one day and call me a "gay coastie faggot". Hit me in the ribs, broke the second one down on the right, hurt like hell. But jokes on him, I got leave and a Master Chief saw it all go down. Needless to say the marine was, not only a PFC, but was dishonorably discharged for assaulting another military personnel.

Do elaborate, inquiring minds wish to know.

Jumped the gun and said ya before finishing your tale. Holy shit that's fucked up. There's no need for that unless you were fucking with him but even then, I think it's part of esprit de corps to give each other a hard time but stand up when any of us gets in a wrong sided bar fight

AF has the most money, best benefits and the best living conditions. If you want to stay on a computer or go medical AF is the way to go.

Coast guard is pretty good too, if you can get in. Enlisted have way more respect and responsibility than other branches. Gotta like being on the water a lot though.

Army is hard to categorize because it's the broadest branch in terms of MOS's and lifestyle. Generally worse than AF life though.

Marines: rooty tooty point and shooty.

Funny thing, I just got back from a week long leadership course comprised of AF and CG. I learned the air force song and learned that yalls change step doesn't change your step. And your parade rest is kinda lazy. But it was cool meeting AF guys and sharing experiences.

Checked, love the marine description

I enjoy joint warfighter or purple ops. We all can talk shit about what we have that's shit and say what we have that's good and share beers and stuff.
On a 1 and 3= left; 2 and 4=right, a change step should make the left on 24 and right on 13, unless they sucked

Averge marine is no different than average sailor or soldier. If the military is a grocery store the navy drives the trucks, the marines unload the trucks, the army stocks the shelves and the airforce runs the registers.