Crass is the greatest punk band of all time

Crass is the greatest punk band of all time
Prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2iSqX3aiCXU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>t. oogle

crass is shit

Just curious as to what your pick for the GOAT punk band would be?

Greatest punk band is like being proud of the least smelly shit

not OP but pic related this is not even debatable

here's a (you) for your effort

It's a great album, I wouldn't say it's a contender for the best.

>He actually likes punk
>He assumes someone not liking punk is a troll
Way to fall for the meme

>implying the best rock based music wasn't punk, or didn't come out of punk

name a punk band that is musically better than nomeansno that formed at least in the 80's

Even if that is true, that wouldn't make punk good

Rapeman

what constitutes as good to you then?

Well sounding like music made by adults would be one, so punk is basically out

great job answering the question.

can we please make bait great again and stop falling for obvious/low-effort stuff like this

(You)'s should be earned, not given

I have never heard any punk that uses harmony in any interesting way at all.
Punk also doesn't groove, which would be fine considering they're usually white guys anyway, but when it tries to be complex the result is just meaningless jackoff time signature keking.
Punk is extremely limited melodically and lyrically and if you deny that, then you need to listen to more music.

And even though my posts were low-effort, it was all sincere. Punkfags literally can't imagine someone thinking their teenage pentatonic screaming is shit, which makes sense considering that punk is usually loved by liberals anyway.

check out if you want to hear something that isn't 3 chord bullshit

Well it's definitely silly and arrogant to dismiss an entire genre with so many stylistic differences. Also I'm not a liberal, Sup Forums just has shit taste in punk so I was wondering what they thought about something that isn Fugazi or Dead Kennedys, I listen to plenty of everything so I don't think I would really be a punk fag.

>muh groove
>muh harmony

>arrogant to dismiss a genre that's founded on not learning how to play music

>>muh groove
>>muh harmony
The fuck is that even supposed to mean, do you not care about that? Have you ever listened to Mozart or motown? Or jazz?

Yes I care about that but music doesn't HAVE to have it. That's like saying modal jazz is shit because it doesn't have lyrics or vocals.

Also if you're complaining about lack of groove, you clearly must have never given post punk a real chance, as a whole has some of the best grooves and outside of funk.

>arguing with bait

But those don't make sense as parameters because instrumental music is as old as art music.
And I'm not saying music needs to have either of those. A lot of music I love has neither. But punk is content to wallow in shitty approximations of good groove and good harmony.

It's not bait you mongoloid

I've heard some post punk and the only thing that comes close in Remain In Light. But if I want groove I would listen to James Brown or Thelonious Monk.

nice get

>I've heard some post punk
Listen to some James Chance and the Contortions, Pop Group, A Certain Radio, even Bauhaus honestly, clearly you haven't listened to enough to argue about it lacking. Post punk is pretty generally just punk taken a notch up in terms of melody, rhythm, experimentalism, etc.

James Chance is a little too downtown/artsy/jew for me to like but I get what you're saying.

That stuff grooves in the whitest fucking way which I'm fine with but as far as good groove goes that's not really my first stop

wrong

>pic related

In as much as all the millenials who are disappointed that Donald Trump won the election and are going to go through their parent's record collection to dig out and listen to their old Crass records the fact of the matter is this: Crass were nothing more than a bunch of middle class university educated hippies who jumped on the band wagon in order to shove their own version of "Anarchy" and leftist propaganda down the throats of unsuspecting youth and they were hypocrites to boot!

youtube.com/watch?v=2iSqX3aiCXU

C'mon now. You just KNEW somebody was gonna post this eventually!

oogle detected

Crass... They're posers

crisis

Oh so this is possibly the cover Danny was trying to reference. Maybe. Not sure, still doing some digging.

>2016
>Still listening to hip hop
>Never seen a text wrap album

Just go

He was referencing a specific album with the cover to Atrocity Exhibition actually. I'm just looking for it. And obviously text wrap isn't anything new. No need to act like a pretentious fuckwit.

Punk shouldn't have a lot of those things though because it was a reaction to music that was filled with convention and purposely did the opposite, which is why nobody should have made a punk album ever again after it died the first time because straight up punk rock really only works in one specific time in history.

No need to derail threads with stupid nigger shit nobody cares about