What does Sup Forums think of vaping? Why is there such a stigma on vaping? It's shown to be healthier than smoking...

What does Sup Forums think of vaping? Why is there such a stigma on vaping? It's shown to be healthier than smoking, and is a great way to get your nicotine fix without fucking your lungs. Why is there a stereotype of vaping, and people who do it, being awful?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ycKRj7VcpnQ
scientificamerican.com/article/is-nicotine-all-bad/
electroniccigaretteconsumerreviews.com/is-nicotine-bad-for-you/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because people like me like the hobby side of it. MUH CLOUDZ

Because between people not knowing the difference between smoke and vapor, and that douchebags like to blow giant robot cocks to make monster energy flavored rainfail occur, vaping is good if you dont get in peoples faces. From both ends.

I just recently started vaping. It's helped me cut back on smoking and I pike the variety of flavors of oils you can buy. I can also sit back in my office at work and take a few puffs and no one says anything about it.

vaping isnt safer, its just newer. The flavors and scents added to the liquid are chemical compounds. Add heat to the compounds and they break into different molecules. Some of those molecules can be just as if not more dangerous to you as cigarette smoke. Basic chemistry people. Vaping liquid is unregulated and no one is studying the breakdown of the chemicals because well they dont care enough. They have tried for years to stop people from smoking and even the knowledge of cancer and death from smoking hasnt put a dent in it. tripling the price per pack hasn't slowed it.

And most people who vape also smoke so when they die of something they will blame it on the cigarettes and not the vaping liquid. but keep deluding yourself that vaping is completely safe. Now if you just go with water and nicotine only liquid you may be safer

But I don't have heart palpitations ever since I switched. That must say something? And I can actually exercise without getting out of breath.

If you use it in order to break your addiction to nicotine, like using gradually weaker juice, and then you stop once you're down to no nicotine, then it isn't gay because quitting smoking is never gay. Quitting smoking is straight. But just vaping because you think it's cool is essentially the gayest thing you can possibly do this side of blowing your own uncle.

Watch this,he sites some reliable sources.
youtube.com/watch?v=ycKRj7VcpnQ

yes stopping smoking will help respiratory and circulatory issues, thats a given. But no one knows what these new compounds are going to do in the body yet because they are unstudied. Consider yourself the guinea pig. quitting would stop all your issues from smoking and keep you from finding out first hand what vaping can really do to you over the next ten years

People hate vapers because the stereotype is that they are teenagers who otherwise don't smoke and think that vaping is cool. If you are using it to get off smoking cigarettes then I believe it is okay, however vaping for fun or as a hobby is the stupidest shit ever in my opinion. Why don't you just go smoke weed or do some party drugs if your going to do anything. Its not like vaping really does anything for you.

did you go to the sources and read yourself. Never trust someones word and a few good sources. make sure you go in an verify that they didnt just take the parts they like to make their point. No i didnt watch it and I dont know what the point of the vid is, but thats because I dont care enough. If you do care then do your due diligence and verify the so called facts

Nicotine is a stimulant that can be useful in increasing focus, and relaxation. So vaping CAN do something for you.

Drink a cup of coffee, dipshit.

Why not both?

Because one makes you look gay and the other doesn't.

In the end my point and purpose is to open your eyes to the fact thiat this is new and noone knows how safe or unsafe it is. and no one will for a long time just like it was for tobacco. So it is your choice to continue and hope for the best or stop and let others go before you. I would suggest nicotene patches, hard candy and time if you really want to stop.

If you're not using vaping as a temporary tool to quit smoking, then you're an actual queer.

These are the facts.

Because faggots want to be dragons.

This is my vape. Makes me feel like a sir. :3

i agree and i love it and that's why it was hard to quit cigs, but vaping was an easy switch
it's not the same tho, i like to use nicotine almost like a prize. like get this and this and this done and i'll take a 5 minute vape break as a reward/clear my thoughts. i have yet to find an alternative to fill that need.

I know many people who started vaping to quit smoking/nicotene addiction over 2 years ago and havent stopped either yet. thats the point. synthetic nicotine is most likely more potent then the natural nicotine from tobacco. just a guess though based off of other natural compounds and their synthetic counterparts

*tipping intensifies*

by more potent i mean rmore addicting

nicotine = nicotine
i don't think there is a synthetic nicotine (i.e. a separate chemical). i believe it is just extracted from natural sources.

You shouldn't be smoking either you idiot. Nicotine is bad.

Vaping is still gonna fuck up your lungs. Just not like cigarettes do.

Vegetable Glycerin (Used in concert fog machines, FDA approved), Propylene Glycol (which they use in hospital ventilation systems. That's what you smell in a hospital. Also FDA approved), nicotine and flavorings. That's it. Oh, and the nicotine is extracted from cordwood not tobacco for most juices.

Can't be worse than the 7,000+ chemicals in cigarettes at half a pack a day. I'll take my chances.

You're the one looking at a vape as a cock so I think you missed the trap thread you likely belong more in.

The data coming out of Europe is saying it's 95% safer than cigarettes so far over a 5 year study so I'll take my chances.

>i have yet to find an alternative to fill that need.
Start making it so you have to earn your faps, instead. Get this and this and this done, you can lurk a trap thread.

I just can't for the life of me understand why people smoke tobacco. There's literally zero benifit. If you're gonna smoke smoke a joint. At least that why you get high

Nicotine has been shown to be as safe as caffeine. What makes it dangerous is the tar from the cigarette smoke.

scientificamerican.com/article/is-nicotine-all-bad/

electroniccigaretteconsumerreviews.com/is-nicotine-bad-for-you/

Nicotine gives a good buzz and relaxing feeling. There is benefit.

natural nicotine=synthetic nicotine. um no. natural sources usually have compound that counter/buffer the stimulant within them and make them less effective, addicting or damaging to the body. ea is a great example of this. it is well documented nd studied that teak drinkers are able to take in high amounts of caffeine from tea without going through caffeine withdraw when they stop drinking it however no such luck for those who get their caffeine from synthetic caffeine put in soda.

Yeah ok sure.

Anything you put in your lungs that's isn't air is bad.

>e-cig
>vaping
pick one

5 year studies out of Europe is what you cite. really? you definitely arent in a scientific profession are you? how long do we live? how long do we want to live? 5 years is not long enough for conclusive studies.

Dont cook
Go near a car
Go near bakery

The two terms are almost synonyms. Vapes are just refillable. A lot of E-Cigs have similar ingredients.

also do you bother to read the studies? could you understand them if you did?

lots of things are fda approved. but those approvals are for specific uses and amounts. go above them and they become harmful and dangerous. how do you know if youve gone above the limits if you dont even know whats in the liquid? vape liquid is not fda regulated

They've only been out since about 2007 so no, it's impossible for longer term studies to really come out. Sorry you don't grasp how a longitudinal study works. In absence of 50-70 years of data we don't have I'm gonna trust the findings of over 3,000 of Europe's best physicians.

Most pills haven't been on the market for over 30 years, but is that long enough? Should we take them all off the shelves until we get a lifetime of studies? 5 years might not be bad but with findings of vaping being 95% safer already I'll take my chances over cigarettes.

>But MUH NICOTINE PATCH!

Yeah. Go look up its success rate next to vaping and come back when you do some research into it.

that's why i vape unflavored. 3 chemicals: vegatable glycerin, propylene glycol, nicotine. also, i'm using it as an aid off of ciggies, gradually lowering the mg of nicotine.

Because the loudest vapers are trendy faggots and/or hipster trash who hold it over everyone else as if it makes them better than us. There's a stigma attached because the most vocal vapers put it their by being intolerable, obnoxious, pretentious cocksuckers.

My question to all papers

>How do you know the heating elements in these things aren't producing volitile metal vapors that you're inhaling?
I vaped for like 2 months and stopped because I couldn't answer this question to myself enough to feel comfortable.

Also:
>How do you know the flavorings in the liquids are not volitile/harmful when heated to vaporizing levels? Think diacytyl or whatever it's called. The shit that gives u popcorn workers lung. That shit was in liquid for a while until there was a big stink made about how detrimental this stuff was to your lung tissue (popcorn workers lung causes your lung linings to separate and can only be treated by lung transplantation.) I know they took this particular chemical out of juices, but I'm sure they are using some analog of it to get the "creamy" flavor.

The tests comparing smoking to vaping were looking for similar harm caused by burning plant matter... vaping could be harmful in different ways entirely.

Also so much of the heating elements come from China and stuff... if Chinese dog food has been wildly contaminated/quality control completely terrible to the point of poisoning consumers, what makes u think industrial metals would be any different?

don't have the source atm, but remember reading a study that found no significant difference in the amount of toxins in exhailed vape vs typical outdoor air

Vegetable Glycerin is FDA approved for being safe to breathe in. If you've ever been to a foggy haunted house you've breathed in much more than any vape could produce in such a small timeframe. Never heard of anyone dying from it either.
>"Oh, poor user died from going to too many places with fog machines!"

As for Propylene Glycol there's doctors that breathe that in for 14+ hours a day at hospitals. Ever heard of one dying from it? Thought so. It's also FDA approved to be breathed in in quantities higher than a vape can produce.

Nicotine? Yeah, probably not gonna be the best for your lungs. That's just what you accept, but there's juices with no nicotine if you wanna avoid it.

Food flavorings? Well, might not be the best either. They've never been observed for consumption in aerosol form, but you can buy pure forms of either of the first two if you wanna avoid it.

I'm just glad you aren't trying to say people will get popcorn lung because that's a joke.

funny guy. I understand how studies and statistics work, its part of what I do and deal with regularly. Thats how i know how easily they can be manipulated to fit ones interest. but thats not my point in any of my posts. My point from the beginin was that because these are new studies are no good for long term health potential related to vaping. European studies utilize liquids available and regulated there, while we utilize but dont regulate vape liquid here, so their studies who no value to us in the united states.

>How do you know the heating elements in these things aren't producing volitile metal vapors that you're inhaling?

you source your wire and build your own coil, If you think the wire has been treated you burn it off

>>How do you know the flavorings in the liquids are not volitile/harmful when heated to vaporizing levels?

you look or the GCMS sheets, If you work in a food factory you will be inhaling 10x the amount than you do over the course of a week in one day

you also buy juice from venders with an iso lab

people know which chemicals will be volatile

It's not arresol form... it's been exposed to 1000 degree temperatures to vaporize it. That's way different than spraying them extremely finely in mist form.

that's why i only purchase through vendors who give detailed gc/ms data on their liquids

1. Because you can look that up and see that they don't on the Internet. The biggest controversy with that was with use with Nickel wire. You need to hear Nickel up to 1500 degrees F for any traceable "bad chemicals." If you can get your coils to 1500 degrees F and hit it I salute your steely throat.

2. Oh god, you actually believe that. Just look up how much diacytyl comes out of a cigarette and the "creamy" juices. Then see how no one has died from popcorn lung from cigarettes. The ones that contract and died from popcorn lung worked in popcorn factories for decades. You have a better chance of your anime waifu becoming real, getting struck by lighting and having an elephant fall on her than you are to get popcorn lung from vaping.

How do they know these things? Do they hire chemists? These labs aren't regulated. Juice can be made and sold by anyone.

vape if you want, I don't care if you get cancer or not

I didn't say getting popcorn lung from diacytyl. I said all the analogs of it that can be used without any mention and the vendor can proudly say "diacytyl free!"

yes major ejuice venders hired chemists from the food industry

the labs are regulated to meet iso specifications

Its up to you if you want to buy from someone who doesnt have one

Besides that was just one example of a safe to consume flavor at one form that becomes volatile at another temperature... there could be many different kinds of effects from different flavors being heated to vaporization levels.

unless the vendors produce the liquids themselves there is no guarantee the chemicals stated are in fact used. also, chemical reactions may occur once the compounds are mixed together to make a new compound not listed on the sheet. then you also have to take into account the heating of said liquid and possible new chemical compound as well as the known compounds to determine what you are inaling after all reactions are complete. thats a lot of chemistry, can you handle that? if so please do show us your work and put together a study, I would be happy to take a look at it.

Ok could u name a very reputable vendor then? Maybe I'll whip my old mechanical mod out if u guys can convince me of these questions

So do I, as a matter of fact. I've also done my research on it as where you've just listened to Fox News and read articles that pop up on your Facebook News Feed. If you can't trust the findings of some of the top physicians in the world you need to consult with a psychiatrist.

They used a lot of different juices and I bet you some were from the U.S.. You're really pulling at straws when you should be doing research.

It doesn't get to 1000 degrees. Ever. Please go find the nearest hot water heater and place your lips around the hot water outlet pipe. Highest temps are usually around half that. Please go do your research and use some common sense.

digbys juices in the uk

If you like aniseed or absinthe try the dr Jekyll, this juisce got me of 30 a day

they even show you the lab

thinking you are smart and trying to show it by quoting studies tells me a lot about you. some good some bad. If you dont know the science behind what you talk about then you are dangerous

its not vaping thats the problem its the people who vape that are the problem

i vape tho so...

Five pawns
Cutwood

ew that cant be pleasant

The heating eelements, particularly the ones used by "cloud chasers" are getting very hot. Your estimate of temperature here is just retqrded. U can calculate the temps of the metals by knowing their properties and using voltage to do some basic math and u will arrive at temperatures well within the 500-1000 degree range. Just look at the coils. They glow near white hot.

blowing your uncle isnt gay you faggot

Kanthal and Nickel Wire don't heat up high enough to release those treated chemicals, same goes for Stainless Steel, Nichrome, titanium, etc.

in fact i haven't cited a source or television network, though you have. all i have talked about is good old fashioned chemistry, you know the stuff your liquid is made out of

Are you honestly comparing the temperature of the vapes mouthpiece to the temps of the heating elements used to vaporize the liquid?

it's not too bad, kind of sweet/sugary? and much cheaper cause i can buy from liquid suppliers

As an alternative method of smoking, please vape away for the love of mike.
If you're doing it as a hobby because you think you're cool you should just speed up the natural cycle of life and death.

I find it funny when someone says that something isnt possible then tell that person to do their research before speaking, but doesnt actually provide any research of their own to back their statement.

Entirely possible but that's the inherent risk. Nobody worth anything is selling to minors, and even if they do it happens with cigs, booze and drugs every day. Can't stop that.

The burden of proof rests on you. Until you can find sources to prove your point you're just going off of hearsay and propaganda. Do some research, there's loads of information out there.

Just look through reviews. You'll find plenty.

Just a disclaimer: I'm not saying all regulation is bad. I want the bathtub juice makers and shitty mod makers out of business too. I support ISO grade labs. I do not support the grandfathering date or the $300k+ per juice PER NICOTINE LEVEL fees to be federally approved. Oh, and the FDA can not approve it even if they don't find many harmful side effects.

y'know, i was skeptical at first but you may be on to something. it really really bothers me when my flavor of a juice i like is off and i need to change my cotton or coils, especially on my BFT tank because it holds alot of juice, so you can imagine the frustration when you fill it to find it tastes off.

however i just started buying juice from a head shop in town and they are doing bogo free 50ml for 20$ and thats a god damn steal

I was thinking about getting some unflavored juice tomorrow when I go because I tend to get tired of my flavors after about a day. Is there really no taste at all or does the pg/vg have some kind of weird flavor when you vape it with no added flavor?

(atleast in my town, vapor markets vary drastically city to city. theres about 20 vape shops here though so its pretty 'cutthroat')

I personally think vaping is for fucking faggots unless youre trying to quit smoking

not the user you are talking to but i would suggest having several flavors and re-wicking between.

Full house checked

VG has a sweetness like playdough without salt to me

I'm not gonna argue with ignorance. Do research then come back.

Please do give me a source to that claim. Even do some math if you want.

its the same with car and bike people

again with the throwing the "find the proof" back at the other guy with out your own? and still completely unable to comprehend the fact the chemistry is my proof and if you need me to cite a source, that would be a chemistry book. you can find them everywhere so it shouldn't be hard for you. i bet there is one hanging around your house right now. anymore smart ass i know better than everyone comments?

My local vape shop sells buy 3 get 1 free bottles so I usually get four different flavors each time I go. I don't have an rda though so once I fill my tank I'm kinda committed to that flavor until I change coils which is usually once a week

What are you talking about the burden of proof lying on the guy applying skeptical doubts to your claims that the flavorings used in the liquids are safe to inhale. You are the one putting the proposition "the flavorings of the vape liquids are safe to inhale". He is questioning this claim by bringing to light things you don't seem to have considered in a qualified sense at all. What the fuck are you talking about the burden of proof resting on the person questioning your claim. The negation of your prop. "the flavorings in vape liquids are safe to inhale" requires no proof, unless you think that vape liquids being safe to inhale is the default... that's a pretty naive way to look at the category of things that can be inhaled in the world. Generally it's much smarter to say they are unhealthy until proved healthy.

Tfw you'll never be as cool as vape granny.

Because people have made a lifestyle of it. Because driving down the road and being hit by someones enormous cotton candy cloud of saliva and vapor is not exactly appealing. Because the vaping community is worse than the stoge community when it comes to blowing their shit right in your proximity.

best description i can think of is maybe like a very faint maple syrup? i could see it being too bland for some, but for me it outweighs not knowing what chemicals are being used to flavor them.

ah if you dont have a rda or rta (rebuildable tank) youre just kinda screwed. i think a rebuildable tank or atomizer is well worth the money though.

i will warn you though if you vape and drive, youre not gonna wanna use an rda. its just flat out dangerous, as bad as texting and driving. id keep your tank for that.

spoken like someone who knows they have nothing to back themselves up with. the burden of proof is on the person trying to prove their point. I prove mine with chemical reactionsbased on fundemental chemistry concepts, you prove yours with "I'm not gonna argue with ignorance. Do research then come back." wonder whos proof has more weight? hint: not yours

oh and make sure your device can supply the power needed for either of those. anything below 30w cant really put out an enjoyable vape imo

nice lightsabers

I only vape when I cant find a cock to suck. Not even joking. Im gay and use vaping to cut back on my cocksucking

Nice dubs. I honestly think this guy is either delusional or genuinely an idiot. These are basic chemistry questions he's just not remotely addressing.

whatever charisma and power you have over your friends that allows you to persuade them to your thoughts wont work out here. cold honest truth is you arent as smart as you think you are.

i vape unflavored virtually no smell, cannot stand that cotton candy smell. instant headache. can smell it just thinking about it.

thank you. i am glad you get my point. that is all i was trying to do was inform people that many chemical reactions are happening in these devices and that not all of them can be safe. this guy that keeps arguing with me didnt like me using real science i guess

Okay. Write out the chemical reactions that take place. Saying "Hurr durr read a chemistry book" ain't cutting it here. Until you can do that, I've talked about what's in juices and your precious FDA finds them safe for aerosol consumption.

Go ahead.

Yeah I honestly think he is an idiot who has only ever discussed these questions in an echo chamber of other delusional vapers... I've heard vapers say things like "vape liquid has 3 ingredients, pg, vg, and flavorings! Doesn't sound like there's anything that can be harmful there." Like they honestly thought that the number of ingredients in a material were the relevant thing to bring up, and not the many chemical compounds interacting in it.

I wonder if this is the first time someone has ever shut him down? life lessons are hard sometimes, i hope hes not emotionally scarred

rollin