This guy was the original /emoe/

This guy was the original /emoe/

Shows why everyone began to like this record way after it was released, we all just had to start living his lifestyle to get it. What a legend

Emo existed before Weezer, fag.

Well at least everybody likes that shit nowadays, unlike before

I think OP means emo for normies or people outside of DC or the midwest

Bump for the truth

How many GIFs of Yui do you think Rivers has on his laptop

why is pinkerton Sup Forumscore again? it's such a shitty album.
>that part where they have to stop playing on across the sea because rivers had a pair of pantsu on his head while singing and tripped and fell over pat's drum set and they had to set it up again but kept recording but only until they finish setting up the drums again
>that part where matt's E string snaps on why bother and rivers whips his cock out and tells him to strum that instead, all the while matt is repeating the last word of rivers' sentences one octave higher
>that part in getchoo where brian stops playing cause he wants to go to mcdonalds so rivers brings the mic and when they get there he records the mexican working the drivethru saying "wha can i getchoo" and as soon as that last word is out he goes "AHUH" real loud and just keeps doing it for like 15 minutes until brian decides he wants a big mac with no pickles and a shamrock shake but it's july and they don't have them and the total is $1.45 and just after they leave matt says he wants a medium fries and asks to go back but rivers won't say yes or no he just repeats whatever matt says but in a much higher pitch voice and in an extremely racist chinese accent
>that part where rivers is sampling the evangelion theme on el scorcho but it's really fucking loud and you can hear his mom open the basement door and yell it him to turn it down but like really far back into the mix because it's just so fucking loud so eventually instead of arguing with her he just starts singing along so you hear "rivers you fucking faggot turn that crap down" interwoven with "hotobashiru atsui patosu de omoide wo uragiru nara"
>that part in butterfly where brian rips a really long fart and he and pat are giggling about it in the background and rivers pretends not to hear them but he's getting annoyed that they're distracting him and you can hear him getting progressively more peeved as the song goes on
who can listen to this garbage unironically????

I don't like this pasta but why is Pinkerton Sup Forumscore? The lyrics are more personal but they're shit, the song structure is just sloppy (especially on across the sea) and the Blue Album is just better overall.

raw emotion, huge legacy for Midwest Emo and the dorky white guy bonus

>If you feel hard enough your formless power chord smashing and rhymeless whining is good

Also the Blue Album has a better dorky white guy vibe IMO. I mean Buddy Holly, In the Garage, Only in Dreams, etc. Pinkerton opens with "I'm tired of having sex".

Imagine being a 17 year old Sup Forums browser and discovering this album, basically detailing everything that you're going through in life.

Tell me ONE (1) type of person who would even think of writing a song like Why Bother except a scrawny, white douchebag.

>Describing everything you're going through in life

I can't because Pinkerton is mostly about Rivers being famous and banging groupies but not having a girlfriend. Why are there so many fucking normals here, if you were having sex when you were 17 you need to leave.

And again, Blue Album has an entire song about unrequited high school love, much more relatable to a 17 year old than anything on Pinkerton.

i agree that normies need to leave, but which ones are about that besides tired of sex?

It's got incredibly detailed production, like the sheer number of overdubs you can pick up if you listen closely is fantastic, it's a complex listen from a technical point of veiw. Each song is a massive power pop earworm as well.

For me the best emotive music hones in on a specific aspect of the listener and stimulates it. You get that blissfulness and longing in Loveless, anxiety and sadness in Spiderland, e.t.c. Pinkerton is an even more unhinged form of Pet Sounds imo. Brian sang desperate songs about him being a hopeless romantic, despite cheating and falling into depression. Pinkerton is that but amplified a hundredfold (not to say it's better, just more intense) and the music reflects that; instead of carefully arranged baroque pop, he blasts you with a different kind of wall of sound.

idc if this sounds like copypasta but I'm drunk and love this album

holy shit did u really mention pet sounds, loveless and spiderland with pinkerton in the same sentence
jesus christ stop posting

Why Bother is one of the less douchey songs on there really, gechoo is easily the cuntiest

Well kind of The Good Life and El Scorcho but I guess you're right. Butterfly is about cheating, too, but yeah the rest of the songs are just whining about tfw no gf, which is fine I just think the blue album did a better job of that. Pinkerton has some cool guitar and great riffs but to me it always sounded lazy. I think the best description of it was from Rivers saying it plays like you getting really drunk and spilling your guts. I guess I can understand why people prefer it for the raw emotion, but I'm not one of them. There's better albums of raw emotion out there that have better composition
I'll have to listen to it more closely then I guess, I never noticed too much happening on it.

I'm trying to talk to people on mu at a base level, of course I'll mention mucore you spanner

>"Two girls didn't want to put up with my bullshit wah why even try finding a gf, but I'll whine about it on the whole record anyways heh."
His passive-agression is off the charts on that song, at least Getchoo just stated plainly that he's a cunt.

user, sober up and then post, because you just compared Rivers Cuomo to Brian Wilson

Yeah but Pinkerton has a song about masturbating to a Japanese high school girl that may or may not exist and I can directly relate to that //^~^\\

>implying having sex at 17 means you are necessarily normal
>implying pinkerton doesn't hold sex in contempt

pinkerton is about love, not lust. it's a rejection of lust. people who are/were having sex at a young age can just (or nearly) as easily relate to this album as others.

I'm not the first, it was quite prevalent in the media when Rivers became a recluse. He's not a genius like Brian, I was more comparing the emotions behind the music

i was gonna say the good life too, but i think in a wider view it could be viewed as just returning to a time in ones life when things were better. in rivers' case it would be when he was less famous and not banging groupies every night, but i think someone else could get something similar but different out of it.

pinkerton has
>song about masturbating to JAV
>songs >tfw no gf
>song about evangelion
>songs about being depressed weeb
gee i wonder