My doggo was diagnosed with advanced metastatic lung cancer two weeks ago. If you aren't sure what that is...

My doggo was diagnosed with advanced metastatic lung cancer two weeks ago. If you aren't sure what that is, it's cancer that spread from another part of his body to his lungs. We went to the vet to see why he was coughing and hacking. An xray later, we learned he has two months. He takes steroids to help him breathe so the cancer doesn't obstruct breathing too fast. They're hard fuckin core bronchodialators. When people take the same medicine for COPD or bronchitis (like I did) it's just a tiny puff of powder inhaled. My dog takes 3 and a half BIG ASS tablets a day. It makes him extremely thirsty. A normal bowl of water lasts a day or two for both dogs. We've had to fill the bowl up 4 times today and the one we put outside just yesterday twice. He needs to pee every two hours. He wakes me up panting really loud (and roughly, his lungs aren't very good) and scampers back and forth between the door and my bed. I've started sleeping in the living room again so I can let him out at all hours. We still wake up with pee on the towels we leave by the door for that very purpose. His loud hacking and coughing has gotten better from the steroid, but he still rumbles and hacks with every breath. The poor guy has started to lay down in the dirt outside because he's extremely lethargic. He doesn't get excited about walks anymore. As soon as we shake the chain he just sits there and looks while his sister scampers about and can hardly contain herself with excitement. He doesn't leave the couch for treats anymore. His entire life is sitting near the door or on the couch waiting to chug more water or pee again. I miss my buddy.

> inb4 that copy pasta about grandpa dying from cigarettes and this post gave me cancer

Other urls found in this thread:

dogcancerblog.com/blog/an-antibiotic-for-dog-cancer/
ratbehavior.org/WhyDoRatsPee.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Doggo in pooper

Lol you should have got him to Vape instead

How old is he? I just lost a dog so I'll talk to ya about it

Lmao that's awful but hilarious.

Probably about that time to put your dog down, OP. It sucks, but it comes with every dog. Sorry, bud.

rip doggo

mine is gonna die soon. Knew that dog literally half of my life, the lovable dumbass she is

he's just turning 9

My dog died last month. She was a 16 year old yellow lab. Please cherish every second with your doggo. I regret not spending as much time with mine.

We're waiting for him to be seriously hacky or starts peeing on the couch. We're going to get a house call from the vet and do it here.

what breed/age etc?

I am. Such a quirky little turd. I love him so much

This post didn't give me cancer, your dog has all.

Shit, he's still young. My dog died at age 15, big dog, she had lung cancer as well. She was diagnosed with it at 12, we obviously didn't have the money for surgery or anything, so we turned to homeopathic methods. We eliminated all fats from her diets (vet told us cancer feeds off of primarily fats) and fed her home cooked meals of brown rice and chicken. Apparently carbs and protein are good for beating cancer. Guess what? The tumors in her lungs shrunk down to almost nonexistence, then they disappeared. No medicine, just pure diet beat her cancer.

This gave me the feels, and killed a boner from a different thread. I think I'm going to sleep now with my doggo. Best of luck, I hope he sleeps easy; when it's done do yourself a favor and get a beer with a friend, a good friend.

as long as he eats bro.

That's amazing. I wish we could've done that. His is too far advanced. The xray was littered with white spots around his chest cavity.

Please cherish every second with your doggo. I remember reading some feels threads here and I realized how short their lives are. It was about a month before the vet trip. I feel really bad for taking him for granted.

Hm, that's what our dogs x-ray looked like as well. Before we found out she had cancer, she was very congested and wheezing all the time. Our vet was a researcher as well, so she really knew what she was doing when she told us what to do. If the diet didn't work, she was going to put my dog on a ANTIBIOTIC that apparently kills lung tumors. It's called doxycycline. Most vets dont know shit about animal science, but mine used to work at a renowned animal research center. Doxycycline is quite easy to get, I'd even ask your vet for it. I highly recommend you do this, it will more than likely save your dogs life.

Itll be alright bro. His time of peace will come and he will be chillin on the rainbow bridge waiting for you.

A similar thing happened to my dog back in February, a week before his birthday. My dad had to put him down... Hug your doggo while you can...

Wish I could say that about my dog. That fucker is probably in heaven boning all the bitches and ain't waiting for shit.

proper, good on you for doing that.

Yo OP, listen to this guy He's speaking truth

dogcancerblog.com/blog/an-antibiotic-for-dog-cancer/

Save your dog brah. Or tell your parents to, if you're young.

dammit, sorry to hear it OP. My dog died from throat cancer a few years back, it sucked. Good luck with it, maybe it'll turn around

Just put him down man. Don't make him live like this. It can't be comfortable for him. It's hard letting go of your best friend but you don't want your last memories of him to be him struggling for breath. It will haunt you. I hope you get a new dog someday. We are here for you.

How does price look? We were barely in a position to afford the $200 bottle of steroids that he probably won't finish. I could probably do something around 100 max rn

I'll try to get it if I can afford it

read

Significantly cheaper than steroids. Around $60 for a bottle of it that will last a month. It's a thick syrup. Considering his age, at LEAST 12-14 months. From what you said, white spots on the x-rays, sounds like central carcinoids. Doxycycline will help.

Thank you. If Sup Forums saves my doggo I'll flip.

You probably think I'm some crazy user on Sup Forums, but I do know what I'm talking about with this shit. You could buy him years.

Your vet probably won't even know about the cancer research into doxycycline. Just ask for it, it's not like it's a narcotic or anything. If you're buying steroids, you can get this shit. Save your dog friend. Sooner the better.

It'll be the first thing I do in the morning. Our vet will think I'm nutty but fuck it it's my dogs life. What is there to lose, too? Either he has more healthy happy years or he dies sometime before the cancer is supposed to kill him.

I mean it's only an antibiotic. It definitely can't end his life sooner than it already would. The only thing it CAN do, is lengthen his life by destroying the tumors in his lungs. The medical community is actually discovering that some antibiotics are effective against certain cancers

Fuck dude. My dog is only 2 years old and healthy but I dread the day that I have to deal with this shit. He's my best friend.

Love you

Sorry for your loss OP.

My doggo died february last year from breast cancer and she wouldn't show pain. Got her put down at 12. We argued with the vet's to check a small lump which appeard and they dismissed it as a slughtly swollen gland and that she was "probably" going through a small oregnancy. From there on the lump spontaneously grew and they could do nothing.

My other doggo misses her a lot and for the first week or so she would run down to the bottom of my back garden everyday to check if she was there.

Your bug ol' pupper is at rest now OP

Will be in a better place* try and make him as comfortable as you can.

Sorry user.

Shit.
Try to make him comfortable and happy OP.
Remember that you and your family are his whole world, don't leave him alone.

I'm really sorry man, I lost my dog to cancer too so I know what you're going through right now. I really hope you and your dog the best and whether you are an atheist or not maybe take solace in the fact that I think you and your dog will see eachother in the afterlife? Just enjoy every moment you can with him. Good luck man and try to feel better in knowing that someone out there cares and sympathizes with you. I'll pray for you and your dog

I've gone through several dog losses. Here's some things to make your dogs final days better and more enjoyable.

1) Change his diet. Feet him a diet of mashed pumpkin, cottage cheese, raw egg, and rice with some crushed up aspirin in it. It will help him dookie really easily and dogs fucking love pumpkin and cottage cheese surprisingly. This will help with any physical stress.

2) Close contact without being all hovering. Hovering can stress them, but simply being nearby or sitting nearby with a hand resting on them helps. Give him special privileges.

3) If he's too lethargic to come to you, go to him. If he can't leave the couch bring the treats to him and encourage him.

4) Just be attentive. Dogs love attention even when they're completely healthy. He'll love it all the way up until the final day.

I did this with the three dogs I've lost to old age and all three of them were happy dogs until the final day. For two of them we had to call an in-home vet to euthanize them, one passed pretty peacefully from an aneurysm after having anal gland cancer (gross). The two we had to euthanize though made it clear to us they were in pain and needed out which made it easier because it was more like a mercy than anything else. We owe it to them to give them as much happiness and comfort until their final day.

Fuck out of here with your prayers you silly daft cunt.

Dogs are a pain in the ass.
Cats are better.

Rip sweet prince.. im on my first dog.. i know death is inevitable.

My first pet was a rat when I was about 4. Taught me all about death, was actually a really smart idea of my moms. That rat was an awesome pet, super smart and affectionate.

>That rat was an awesome pet, super smart and affectionate.

Dude, rats are smarter than dogs. Ours was cage trained to the point we could just leave the cage open and she'd return to use the bathroom. She had a specific corner she'd use to keep the rest of her cage cleaned. When we'd get home we'd call out her name and she'd come running out of where she'd been chilling, climb up our clothes, sit on my shoulder, and lick and nuzzle my earlobe. Probably the smartest animal I ever had and she lived to almost 5, which is ancient for a rat. They can be taught tricks and commands and everything, they're awesome, they just don't live long or they'd take over the world.

Sorry user

My childhood dog died a few years ago while I was in college. My dad called and said that he was getting really sick and we would need to put him down. Drove 12 hours from school to home to see him before they put him down. Spent one last day with my doggo. Mostly just pet him and gave him treats, he was too sick to get up. He died that night next to my bed, same spot that he had slept pretty much every night for 15 years before I left home. Fucking lost it when I carried his limp body out to my dad's car.

Didn't cry when my grandparents passed, when my good friend died in a car accident, or when bitches broke my heart. I cried that day, one of the only times I have cried in my adult life. Not that I wasn't sad that those things happened, but I tend to internalize my feelings. It was just seeing him lifeless when he used to be so full of life, so full of energy. Miss that fucker.

Did you Atleast use it as a cumrag every once in a while?

Why the need? I had ur mum, the filthy cunt she was.

pet rats are awesome, can confirm

If its pricey at the vet, you can get it on ebay, its listed under Bird Biotic. You can buy lots of antibiotics with a script if its for suppose to be for fish or birds. All that said, don't get your hopes up too high OP, all the magic cure alls tend not to be otherwise everybody would know about them. OP, the vet should check for diabetes, from what you said, it appears that it is enough steroids to cause elevated blood sugar levels. Also don't get the steroids from the vet, you can get the same stuff at Walgreens, Target, etc for 5 bucks a month supply.

Go fuck yourself you antisocial sperglord

Thx user.

Pupper is three. My first. Time I gave her a rub and a treat. My princess.

>Having a pet that is constantly peeing on everything.
ratbehavior.org/WhyDoRatsPee.htm

My rat only peed in a specific corner of her cage or oddly enough my mom's right slipper. Never anywhere else. She was a very clean and organized pet rat.

Also she had zero competition and tons of stimulation in the form of me and my sister, so maybe that's why she didn't pee everywhere. I've known other rat owners who had rats that didn't piss everywhere too.

Three years old is tough. Make sure if you're going to euthanize her you get an at-home vet to do it. I know it sounds morbid to have your pet put to sleep in your own home but it's less stressful for them and the vets remove the pet and can send you their ashes later. It's so much better than a vet clinic and doesn't cost that much more, it's the best thing you can do once it reaches that point. Just shower him with love and attention. If you think about it...it's more than most humans get.

Put that dog down. Holy fuck. You are torturing it by keeping it alive. You sick bastard

This.

I'll miss ya' buddy...

Animals are intelligent enough to know when their time is up, they don't have all the human bullshit making them think they'll live forever. They'll tell you when it's time.

So fuck off.

Meant without a script. I keep some basic stuff around just incase. $25 bucks of amoxicillin, fish mox has saved me a few doctor and vet visits. That said research doses before using or giving to pets.

Put my dog down a year ago yesterday, he was only 5 but I miss the fucker like crazy sometimes. He was there through a lot of tough times yknow

He was diagnosed with cancer the vet gave him anywhere up to 4 months, I was in there a month later to get him put down. That was a rough month man, I did all I could to make him comfortable in that period but during that time man he gave me this look, he was bloody apologetic like 'shit sorry I can't stick around bro, sorry we can't do our usual sick shit' that look bloody kills you.

Anyway don't put him through anymore man, he seems like he has had it you gotta get it done.