So am I missing something about hip-hop. Normally I listen to metal, but I kept hearing how amazing the Death Grips are...

So am I missing something about hip-hop. Normally I listen to metal, but I kept hearing how amazing the Death Grips are, so decided to listen to The Money Store, and am urgently on track 6.

It isn't doing anything for me. What do people like about them exactly?

their new one bottomless pit is far more metal. the first song is practically grindcore seriously

Penis nigga XD

People like them because everyone dreams about MC Ride's black cock in his ass, that's the only reason

Death Grips aren't good. They're "weird" and "quirky" and "underground" and "avant garde". They're the type of music you listen to when you want to seem cultured or flaunt your supposedly superior and broader exposure to the medium.

In short, they're window dressing for the average Sup Forums-fag, but objectively mediocre at best.

Death Grips is experimental hip hop, if you want a traditional rap album, go to Illmatic

It's people like you so low in self-awareness you don't even realize you're trying to be the most contrarian contrarian on a website dedicated to contrarians.

>anyone that likes something I don't like is a poseur trying to look cool.

Nah dude, Death Grips just suck

>It isn't doing anything for me
Congratulations, you are not retarded.

>Sup Forums
>contrarian

You make me laugh. Sup Forums isn't contrarian. Not really. You might not follow the "normie" trends or listen to music on the radio, but you create your own little trends and mainstreams, and follow them just as mindlessly as the people you deride as plebs. Sup Forums ist just people who want to seem contrarian and superior for it, but actually long for the same validation as everyone else. So they create their own little hugbox.

I'm honestly not that different, I just refuse to delude myself into thinking that even half of Sup Forums's flavour of the month is actually worth listening to and not just subpar trash some untalented idiot shat out and then marketed as "experimental".

I didn't like TMS at first. Try No love deep web, is by far their more agressive, dark and edgy album and i it made me love death grips in the first listen.

lmao

>they're avant garde

Lol

>flavour of the month
>something that's been posted on this board for 5 fucking years since its inception
Please just stop embarrassing yourself you deluded faggot.

1) listen more than once
2) ignore the DG trolls
3) Read the lyrics

he's right in one way, and wrong in so many others.

It's extremely catchy, Their beats are wild, loud, and interesting, Their vocals are punk/metalish (if you're into that sort of thing)

There are going to be trends in any subculture good observation retard.

"nd follow them just as mindlessly as the people you deride as plebs" wow an assumption only representative of you're beliefs.

Do you think people give a shit about what music anyone listens to on an anonymous forum? How sad would you have to be to pretend to like something just to fit in with strangers.

This also you fucking pleb

You're an embarrassment

Money Store is their most poppy album

If you like doom/sludge listen to Techno Animal and DG's No Love Deep Web.
If you like hardcore/black metal, check out Jenny Death and Bottomless Pit

Also, next time you listen to an album, try finishing it before you post your opinion on the internet. Don't expect to like everything on your first listen either, especially whenit comes to music you arent that familiar with.

Yo how many layers of irony are you on famalam

/thread

Ya this
On my firat listen i really didnt know if i liked it or not so i just gave then another try. It clicked on my third try for me.
Also eventually you kinda get used to the delivery and can make out what he's saying.

No you just aren't ironic enough

The Money Store is literally a pop record with yelling in it, you unbelievably pretentious twat.

I didn't understand their music either, but I got into it after listening to No Love and I Have Seen Footage.

I wonder if this is what it's like to be Anthony Fantano.

COME UP AND GET ME!!!!

THIS

the money store is more pop, listen to NLDW, Gov Plates and niggas on the moon

bottomless pit is way more meta

TMS is probably their most popdeparture

>UNironically liking death grips
can we stop the meme people?
XD XD XD

>Normally I listen to metal
opinion discarded

If you listened to numetal you would probably love them.

>practically grindcore

??

big dipper big dipper big dipper
martyr for dollars pull the slot strip mall hollers buy a yacht
one for all all for not denial pays placebo bot
kzap slap aristoclot traffickers of permastock
then catwalk backwards out box
through holes in my dirty socks
scarecrow dialect dispatch on that shit kommando mix
matte moxy subwooferish junkie maxi mumbai lit
feng shui like fucks in that spliff
impurified condcuct
ionsphere r. mutt
by product deluxe

>this nigger just out contarianed all the contrarians by calling out contrarians for being contrarians
holy shit

Pretty much his. TMS needed a few listens to click with me.

>deathgrips
>hip hop