When a team want to "park the bus", why they just dont send the defendersin the goal with the gk?

When a team want to "park the bus", why they just dont send the defendersin the goal with the gk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pWCfXi8UBQY
youtube.com/watch?v=zPx5AUx0zhg
youtube.com/watch?v=F-YVp1api6I
youtube.com/watch?v=DD6fffSoGPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Quality thread

That's fucking stupid.

The attacking team could just pass it between themselves and slot it through an opening.

Even with four defenders + a goalie you're not going to cover the entire goal. Please use your brain Pierre.

Real Tactics talk: For direct kicks in front of goal, why not have two walls of three? One in front of the ball and one on the goal line. This would pretty much close off direct kick attempts on goal, meaning you just have to worry about crosses, which are difficult straight on.

Like this:

---------o
-------xxx
--------------
-------------
-------xxx----G-----
-------|________|--------

I'm thinking about trying it with my Sunday team, can't imagine it wouldn't also work in the pros.

because you can't cover all angles

youtube.com/watch?v=pWCfXi8UBQY

But the 6 other player just stay in the penalty area and watch.

get the fuck out

>I'm thinking about trying it with my Sunday team, can't imagine it wouldn't also work in the pros.

Please reread this sentence a few more times, you asinine troglodyte.

they would never be offside

>implying the reasoning changes

Makes sense regardless of division or skill, amino.

Get taller and bigger players.

they would have a much harder time scoring. when you park the bus you still have a chance to play out and score goals. Like this it's way too hard to push men forward. Also I'm sure it's against the rules
obstructing play or some thing

I know this is bait, but that's such a bad idea it's almost impressive.

EXPLAIN WHY NIGGA

why don't they park a literal bus.... lol...

Because they'd dribble to the goal.

>basketball "tactics"

Damn you flyover fags are retarded. The other team will just cross it into the box and score while all of you retards standing in the box will wonder what went wrong

I'll bite.

You're playing everyone onside. One pass from the free kick taker and now you've got someone with a free shot at goal from the six yard box.

Not him but how? There's the keeper keeping an angle and defenders blocking the other.

It's a free kick, directly in front of goal. Anywhere between 20 and 30 yards, what does it matter?

If the team crosses, instead of your defenders running backwards into the penalty area as they do now, they run forwards from the goal to clear.

A goal is 8ft tall.

How will they know if he's going to shoot or pass?

>all these plebs hating on innovation because they aren't options in a video game

Or he passes it along the ground to the guy at the edge of the box who is unmarked because all of the defenders are in your double wall, he takes a touch or two and slots it home.

You've got so many defenders committed to your double wall that you're playing unmarked players onside inside your box. That's a much easier way to score than bending a 30 yard free kick over a wall.

>having all of your defenders in goal is a foolproof defensive tactic

youtube.com/watch?v=zPx5AUx0zhg

Average defender is 6+

Plus they can easily jump to clear the ball.

A kicker would have to get it over one wall, then back down into a ~1 foot by ~ 8 foot rectangle. Come on.

Why not just get an extremely fat person to block the net?

there

When someone has the ball why not just form a circle around him and guide him down the field to the goal? Any defender that tries to break the circle would have to foul to do so. And to avoid offside, when the player is about to shoot, the side of the circle that is directly in front of the goal would just open up.

there you go, you can probably find one in your country to block the entire net

You have 3 in front wall, 3 in back, plus keep. Meaning 3 players to zone defendin potential lanes. One guy lurking to block the layoff pass, one guy defending the outside options. Then on crosses or passes, you have a keep and defenders able to watch the ball the entire time and charge it down.

Plus, if they faked a cross by putting bodies in the penalty area, there isn't an easy shot. Attacking team would have to game plan a way to open a lane, but still would have to aim towards the middle of the goal since posts would still be covered. If your keeper can't stop a shot towards the middle of a goal from 20 yards out then get a better keeper.

This is actual a thing.
Well, not with three, but I've seen plenty of 1 dude over the goal line.

that's common in inside the box shots

youtube.com/watch?v=F-YVp1api6I

Only problem with one is that in seems tempting to hope for deflections off the one defender moving to try to cover the goal and in case of crosses, you still have defenders running backwards, which is really what I would want to avoid.

This line up should discourage the shot attempt and be able to clear crosses chipped into the box.

/thread desu

How can "inside the box" shot happen?
Aren't they supposed to be penalties?

The ball can come at any angle, the player can head it at any angle. It takes good reflexes to deflect that.
Also, defenders have a close up view of the keeper in the box, they will usually hit it the opposite way the keeper is.

Why don't they just pick up the goal and turn it around?

Doesn't that have something to do with the goalkeeper either handling it outside the box or holding on to it too long or something?

I remember seeing it once or twice in my life.

Indirect kicks, amino. Read ur rules

Backward pass to the goalkeeper and he take it with his hand.

When do people learn to dip and curl the ball usually in America?

it happens when a player passes back to the goalie and the goalie picks it up with his hands

Genuine idea in a retarded thread.

What if instead of the penalty mini game after a knock out draw, the mini game was indirect FKS in the penalty area?Like this

It would take more skill and the whole team is utilized in the play.
I know that change is rare in football but remember matches were decided on coin flips for a period of time.

>park the bus
>team doesn't actually park a bus on the field.

Why don't teams just get an amerilard to use his girth to block the net?

Is it because rascal scooters aren't good in the grass?

>the other team would just shoot the ball and make

What if the other team doesn't have possession of the ball? Can't you just have the goalie hold onto the ball or something? Or have most of your team by the goal and pass it back and forth endlessly, rather than trying to move the ball forward and risk a steal?

"We parked the bus on the goal and they put it in through the window" Bambino Veira, in his time as coach of Bolivia NT.

Because the offside rule can be useful
And some teams want to counter attack
And it would look completely stupid

6 second rule Murifat
And Van Gaal tried to bore everyone for two seasons and everybody wanted him out

You think you've seen pretty much all, and then comes an American teaching football to an Uruguayan. This country is turning into such a fucking disgrace.

>And Van Gaal tried to bore everyone for two seasons and everybody wanted him out

Spanish teams have done it for a decade and have won every single tournament worth winning

This thread

Spain is dead
They won the 2010 WC and the Euro 2012 because everytime they were challenged refball came to their rescue

>it happens when a player passes back to the goalie and the goalie picks it up with his hands

Why this a penalty? Isn't a goalie allowed to use his hand?

U try standing in front of someone about to blast the ball 100mph...gl

No, not after 1990.
Goalies cant pick up intentional passes from their team mates, unless they were done with the head.

You can't make a pass to your goalie unless it's a header or a chest pass
It's been the case since 1994

If you wanna meme tactics it then...

>guy with the strongest kick on the opposing squad
>just keeps hammering away at the other team
>have to use all subs
>keep killing all your players
>it's half time
>you have 5 players left
>auto forfeit loss
and there you go

You can't do that anymore, its been like that since 1996

A goalie isn't allowed to pick a teammate pass with his hands since 1998 i think.

--------------o

shoot hereV

--------xxxxoo-G-----
--------|________|--------

They changed that after the many exploits in the 2000 Euros

i wonder what happens if he catches it on the goal line

It's been changed since 2002

Italy-Spain
4-0

get fat players so they're unaffected by being bludgeoned (and also cover more area)

here, morons
youtube.com/watch?v=DD6fffSoGPk

Fucking hell you're slow lad, it counts as handball if it was an intentional pass from a teammate
It's been like that since 2004, keep up

no one gives a fuck that much

but i wonder what the fifajews/3rdworldrefs would allow

pass back rule was introduced in -92 m8

>playing EVERYBODY onside

It was changed after 2006 WC when that mass brawl broke out between Germany and Argentina because of it

nah they changed it after that infamous abuse for time wasting by Switzerland in 2008

Lots of keepers don't even like having one wall.

Having a defender at each post is common.

Nah, it's been disallowed since 2010 because of how Spain semen slurped their way to World Cup glory.

They'd be a hindrance to the keeper more than anything else. They have to be in front or behind the keeper as to not disturb his lateral movement.

Ibrahim Ba sighting.

The full rival team will be onside and with plenty of free men to score

I fucking love indirect free kicks.

lots of americans itt

When people park the bus why don't they just stack up on each other at the goal line?

Because instead of shooting at the goal, the shooting player would cross the ball into the area to some mate since you now don't have anyone to defend the area in between the 2 walls and the entire opposite team is onside.

Easiest goal ever scored.

>have most of your team by the goal and pass it back and forth endlessly
If your team isn't skilled enough that's a good way to make a mistake and give the other team ooportunities (or even score an own goal). If you lose the ball 60 yards from your goal it's less dangerous than losing it in the last 20.
Believe me, the Swiss team always tries do do that when >we have the lead but pretty much literally every time there are huge defensive blunders.

They didn't stay in the goal, now did they?

Literally last Euro mate. Don't you remember all the fuss during Portugal Spain at Euro 2012? They changed the rules since then

>doesn't even understand closing angles

there will be 9 guys in every spot around your goal onside you fucking nigger how is "that one dude lurking" going to block that? Are you actually debating this?

If your team is composed of 11 7 footer sumotoris it could work.

That's so retarded that it could actually work, but only because the sheer amount of retardation could confuse the opposite team into a WTF is this?

Second time you try this and place a 3 men wall where it should be 6-7, and 3 pinheads forming 'a wall' by the goal line and everyone onside, the free kick shooter will inevitably realize there's this gigantic hole to cannon-shoot the free kick to the goal, the goalie blinded by lads moving around near him and any deflection of the shot likely going in anyway.

They changed the rules in 2006 to stop italian taunting and beautiful catenaccio

Who here looking forward to EPL now?

Oh yeah

b b b but then I realise I'm a spurs fan

f f fuck sake.......champions league though I suppose, feels good man

You can't even stutter properly.

Cuz the defenders can make a line and block them easily, the line would also be faster and could probably encircle them ensuring an eternal draw.

lots of Toberlones itt