What does everyone think of this? I actually think it's a pretty smart album...

What does everyone think of this? I actually think it's a pretty smart album. Looking at the mundanities of life and uncertainty of growing up through rose-colored lenses for a new pespective.

It's a decent strong 8 for me. Idk why tho

I feel like I shouldn't like this, but I do. It's just really fun.

anthony plz leave

>Smart album
No.
It's certainly fun to listen to and amazingly produced tho but if you really find depth in this you're completely retarded, my friend.

>something can't be both fun and deceptively deep

I think you're missing a lot of insightful and creative choices underneath and mature topics that you might find if you listen more, but that could just be because I'm retarded!

I'm a big fan. Been keeping an eye on them since they started putting stuff on soundcloud a couple years ago. I'm glad they were able to put together a really strong album.

Great production. Instrumentals are a bit generic. Good vocals. Lyrics could still be cutesy while being less cheesy IMO.

>mundanities of life and uncertainty of growing up through rose-colored lenses for a new pespective
ugh
entitled white young man problems

Pop AOTY

They do PC Music better than PC Music does PC Music

It's shit

It's mediocre electropop with a kawaii gimmick to appeal to retards on tumblr who still think Japanese culture is unique or interesting.

I think they're supposed to be a bit cheesy. It's kind of funny how intentionally dumb some of the lyrics are, I like it.

>They do PC Music better than PC Music does PC Music

Yep.

can i get a dw link please?

>my trampoline
>BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE
it could be both fun and deep
But this is just fun

the songs feels like those kind of short songs from kid shows like yo gabba gabba or smth

and i like it

It's written by a young Asian woman and whether you think it's important or not, trying to understand yourself, what will make you happy, and your role in the world is something most young people go through.

The point is that the way she's EXPLORING these topics is mature.
She's viewing all that through a different lens to celebrate the value in that life exploration and paying attention to the things us "young entitled white men" take for granted.

And notice- it's about her. Not a single fucking love song on a pop record and that's interesting within itself.
It's also goofy, earnest, and not self-important, which sets it apart from a majority of the music landscape and is genuinely refreshing.

It's silly but if you don't get how the song is about escaping from sadness then you're missing it my dude

And just because the song has a topic doesn't make it deep

Poptimism never died

What's impressive is that the album actually acknowledges sadness, mundanity, and uncertainty throughout and still chooses to be defiantly positive

You might be misusing that word

Pop AOTY is Emotion Side B famalam
Bonito Generation is a great album and is the 2nd best do far

trampoline make me depressed :S

I agree, especially in terms of image, but SOPHIE's solo work is overall better than KKB.

Only a few tracks in and it's ok. I can't get past a feeling of insincerity. Feels more ironic than post ironic.

I liked it. Its just such a happy album. Its not the height of artistic expression but its tasteful with great production.

is it possible to like this album (or KKB in general) if you're not a waifufag with a hapa fetish?

just curious.

of course it's shit you fucking retards

the japanese bits are so kawaii

I LITERALLY CAME HERE JUST TO SEE IF THERE WAS A KKB THREAD

OF FUCKING COURSE THERE WAS, YOU USELESS EMBARRASSING BANDWAGONING MANCHILDREN

STICK TO YOUR DEATH GRIPS YOU FUCKING SPASTICS, THANKS

>YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO LIKE WHAT I LIKE NO NO NO NO NO

of course you fucking moron stop letting a website dictate what you can like

listened to about 2 minutes of one of the tracks on youtube

this album is pretty fucking gay

What is this bullshit fun/deep dichotomy? It doesn't make any sense at all. I'm not sure if KKB ever talked about what the "meaning" of the song is or whether it's even important. This song possibly alludes to various social issues depending on how you interpret the lyrics. Whatever your interpretation, it's fucking childish to bicker over whether a song has "depth."

fantano say so me cant think of own opinion

really enjoying it so far

worst album of the year tbqh

From a distance she looks like Bailey Jay

This washed over me pretty quickly, and then I found myself listening, again and again. It's the poppiest pop but I don't care cause it is always fun to listen to.

The thing I didn't expect was to come to realise it really works as an album and the songwriting is deceptively simple, kind of like Don't Hug Me I'm Scared. It's not as naive as it first seems. Maybe someone who knows better than production can comment on the music but it sounds pretty creative and well put together to me.

Also as a Brit it's always refreshing to hear someone singing in an English accent for some reason.

hell yeah it is

it's pretty great

stop

I like this album but your post is so full of buzzwords it makes me wanna throw up.

Addictive as fuck, kinda gives me the same feeling I got when I first started listening to the Money Store a few years ago. Fun production and sample selection; one of KKB's members is Kane West who's on PC Music. Need more happy albums in my arsenal such as this one. Wish I caught them when they stopped in my city, they're drawing pretty tiny crowds atm. Like almost local band small unless you're in a major metropolitan area